shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these pistachio/gold Tahitians?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should also get the matching pendant. :dance:

There's a risk to posting links -- someone else might buy your items while you're thinking.

Pistachio is a soft silvery green; mint usually implies some sort of blue-green.

I don't know that vendor, but as long as there's a generous return policy, you could always try them out.

Q

Queenie60

Jambalaya: I think they're beautiful!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Jambalaya, I suggest you ask for some natural light photos. I once asked that vendor and he kindly sent photos to me. Tahitians are so hard to read -- I think I know how to read PP's photos of Tahitians, but I haven't seen that many by that vendor.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I've seen several buys from Tahitian Pearls Biz since I've been on here so I'd trust him. I can't quite picture that color, but I noticed it says pistachio and gold overtones, not pistachio or gold colored. My guess is that if you'd be happy with silvery gray pearls, you'll probably like them. I have a gray Tahitian pearl in a ring that I like just fine and wear often, although overtones (of any color) would probably jazz it up more. So, I think it would be hard to go wrong with those earrings, especially at that price. Please post pics if you get them!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I have some silver Tahitian earrings that I like; they are neutral, but will exhibit different tones depending on the light.

I'm trying to understand if that site is secure; I've read so many warnings about online shopping this holiday season, and I don't see the https or the lock symbol.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui, as you go through the checkout pages, the secure page comes up.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
pearlsngems|1449704741|3959558 said:
ennui, as you go through the checkout pages, the secure page comes up.

Ah, thank you!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks so much for all the wonderful advice, everyone! Another question: Do you think white or yellow metal would look best? My skintone is neutral so I can do either, but which would look best with the pearl? I'm not sure if they are warm or cool toned.

Ennui - I don't think I can get the pendant too, you enabler, you!

Queenie60 - yeah, I also thought they were really nice! I'm a Cate Blanchett fan so last night I watched her in Elizabeth and the pearls, oh man the pearls! I know I've just got my large white pearl drops but they're kinda barrel-shaped (I still love them for $35) and I'd love a teardrop-shaped large fat pair like these. I think anyone who loves pearls should watch Elizabeth.

Tucs - I could do that but I feel bad about bothering him since it's not a really large purchase. The photo makes them look almost metallic though, so perhaps a photo would be best, in case the luster isn't that high and then I'd know what to expect. Update: I just emailed and asked for photos.

seaurchin - you make an excellent point about the difference between body color and overtone. I absolutely had not remembered that. I would be very happy with silvery gray pearl bodycolor.

Ennui and pearlsngems, I think the site is OK - I've used them before. They're a respected vendor, I think. Also Ennui, like you I like silvery Tahitians. For me, I'm all about the overtones. I don't like pearls too dark as then you can't see all the colors.

I'm glad I've asked for photos because I can't really make out whether the pearl is warm or cool. I'm going to watch Elizabeth: The Golden Age tonight and I expect there will be many more drool-worthy pearls!!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for yellow gold.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Jambayala, it seems to me those pearls would look good with either metal color, since they have both colors. So if I were you, I'd just pick whichever I preferred, pearls aside.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I have not purchased from the vendor listed, however, taking a look at the description, it seems that they are fairly representing the item. The pearls appear to be a light body color, which in some light can look grey or even silvery...if you are seeking that green/golden color maybe this isn't the best option. But I also think you should request additional photos possibly against white and yellow gold to view how they will appear when mounted. And who knows, maybe they have more pairs than are listed on the site...doesn't hurt to ask so that you get what you want.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I'm curious if they are using stock photo or actual ones? Cos the description doesn't say you will get what is pictured. If those pictured are the actual pearls you will get, I think it's quite a bargain. Nice pearl drops are rare and usually very expensive.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1449755787|3959776 said:
I'm curious if they are using stock photo or actual ones? Cos the description doesn't say you will get what is pictured. If those pictured are the actual pearls you will get, I think it's quite a bargain. Nice pearl drops are rare and usually very expensive.

It appears to depend on the item. I looked at a few different things, and some say that there is only one and the item in the photo is the one you will receive. Other items seem to have higher quantities.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple of pairs. What do you think?

pistachio-natural-light__2_.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the one on the left - they seem almost blueish.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are both beautiful. I love the silvery tone to the ones on the left, and they seem like they have slightly sharper luster. But the ones on the right look slightly more smooth in terms of their drop shape, and I like the overtones on them. I think they would really pop. Since either would be gorgeous, I'd say to pick the one whose colour you like best. I think both would work well in WG.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I think they both look lovely, particularly for the price. The ones on the right seem bigger to me, if that is important (and we know it always is :))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
They're both nice but I'd get the ones on the right. they're larger and I like the more unusual color, plus I find the shape more pleasing.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Left cos they seem to have better luster. But honestly can't really tell the color from these pics and I'll ask for more pics, or at least descriptions of both.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the input, everyone.It's much appreciated. I already have a light-green pair of Tahitian drops in yellow gold that fit on yellow gold diamond huggies, so I'm thinking of ones that are more silvery like on the left, in a white metal. I love the way the ones on the website look. Regarding more photos, they took a couple of days to get and I think they must be busy so I don't like to ask. I can always send them back if I don't like them. The pair on the left are more drop-shaped, which I like.

Is there any reason why white gold would be better than silver? Just wondering if I can save $54 by getting silver instead of white gold. But then, it's nice to have gold. :think:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to say - the company also told me that the pair on the right have noticeable pink overtones, which does sound attractive.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regarding the pearl on the far left, there seems to be a line across it and it looks as if the pearl is dull above that line. Is that just the photography? I have asked the company about it.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I see the line you're referring to, and I'd guess it's the light. They all look more satiny on top.

Sterling is nice, but it tarnishes.

I prefer the pair on the right because of their deeper color. I have a lot of grey freshwaters that look light and silvery, so if I'm going to spend for Tahitians, I want them to look richer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results