shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of the two stones

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I'm about month away from getting to order my new ring and would like a little input on whether I'm on the right track in my assessments and choices. I of course will be asking a lot of questions of Whiteflash when I contact them but I'm trying to narrow down some things before I start the process with them.

My criteria is that I want an ACA, eye clean of course, and a 2 carat. Because of the exchange rate (from Canadian dollars), taxes, cost of the setting which will be the Vatche U113 in platinum, my budget is about $19,500 USD for the stone.

What are your thoughts on these two. Of course I would like as bright and white as I can get but it seems that I will have to compromise with an I colour if I want to hit the 2 carat mark. Most of my other diamonds are in the I range and don't bother me, but none is as well cut as an ACA nor as big as this will be. My eyes have been deceiving me lately after looking at so many stones.

1. https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4345125.htm

2. https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4219824.htm

Thank you for your input.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
You can’t go wrong with either stone, but if it was my money I would probably go with the VS2 with the smaller table for 1500 more I think it’s worth it.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
You can’t go wrong with either stone, but if it was my money I would probably go with the VS2 with the smaller table for 1500 more I think it’s worth it.

That is my first pick. Why is a smaller table desirable?

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Both of those are very pretty. Do you prefer to purchase from WhiteFlash only? I found a I, VS2, 2.018 SuperIdeal for $18,895- but it is a different vendor. Also, have you looked just under the 2 carat mark— like 1.9 carat? Usually there is money to be saved it you just drop below 2 carats and no one can tell the difference. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Both of those are very pretty. Do you prefer to purchase from WhiteFlash only? I found a I, VS2, 2.018 SuperIdeal for $18,895- but it is a different vendor. Also, have you looked just under the 2 carat mark— like 1.9 carat? Usually there is money to be saved it you just drop below 2 carats and no one can tell the difference. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

I have a preference for Whiteflash because of the ACA and the setting. But I am open to options. I can manage the cost on the more expensive ACA. It seems the sweet spot to go up in colour means I have to go down to 1.75 carats and I really would like that extra size. I keep watching for just under 2 but my brain really wants to be able to say it’s a 2 carat.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm about month away from getting to order my new ring and would like a little input on whether I'm on the right track in my assessments and choices. I of course will be asking a lot of questions of Whiteflash when I contact them but I'm trying to narrow down some things before I start the process with them.

My criteria is that I want an ACA, eye clean of course, and a 2 carat. Because of the exchange rate (from Canadian dollars), taxes, cost of the setting which will be the Vatche U113 in platinum, my budget is about $19,500 USD for the stone.

What are your thoughts on these two. Of course I would like as bright and white as I can get but it seems that I will have to compromise with an I colour if I want to hit the 2 carat mark. Most of my other diamonds are in the I range and don't bother me, but none is as well cut as an ACA nor as big as this will be. My eyes have been deceiving me lately after looking at so many stones.

1. https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4345125.htm

2. https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4219824.htm

Thank you for your input.

From looks alone, per the sparkle video on the website, I prefer the I, SI1 (can't believe I'm saying this). The sparkles just seem to go faster and bigger. Sorry, very elementary explanation of preference. Once I get into super ideal territory, I usually just trust my eyes. :) I wouldn't worry about SI1 with WF ACA. Really, though, both will be beautiful.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
That is my first pick. Why is a smaller table desirable?

The smaller table is desirable because it usually gives you more fire ( colored flashes ) which alot of people have a preference for on PS.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
The smaller table is desirable because it usually gives you more fire ( colored flashes ) which alot of people have a preference for on PS.

Well that’s a very good thing to know.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Traditionally that would be the thought process... with the super ideals you will have all the performance. So it comes down to profile... the small table is a different look from a more spready, flatter look (but not like in a 60/60 stone). Neither is better, it’s total preference. I looooove a small table; by contrast my instructor when I got my GIA Graduate Diamonds, was adamant that she does not like small tables!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tables weren't different enough to be an issue. I see you have already placed the order, but I would have chosen the VS2...cleaner and mind clean.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
The tables weren't different enough to be an issue. I see you have already placed the order, but I would have chosen the VS2...cleaner and mind clean.

That’s what I got and was leaning towards as well. The SI1 was gone and there was another that popped up with even better clarity but that too went very quickly. The colour jump to an H would have been out of my price range or I would have had to go to a Premium or Expert selection and my heart was sent on an ACA thanks to this forum. Brittany at Whiteflash pulled the stone for me and said it’s an I that leans more to the H. I think I will be quite happy with this one. I was looking at @Lani new 2.5 I VS2 in her pictures and it’s stunning and comparing the Whiteflash pictures (as best as one can on a computer) and her colour looks similar mine.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s what I got and was leaning towards as well. The SI1 was gone and there was another that popped up with even better clarity but that too went very quickly. The colour jump to an H would have been out of my price range or I would have had to go to a Premium or Expert selection and my heart was sent on an ACA thanks to this forum. Brittany at Whiteflash pulled the stone for me and said it’s an I that leans more to the H. I think I will be quite happy with this one. I was looking at @Lani new 2.5 I VS2 in her pictures and it’s stunning and comparing the Whiteflash pictures (as best as one can on a computer) and her colour looks similar mine.

Yay!!! That's awesome! I saw her ring, too, and it is gorgeous! I am excited for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results