shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of the stats of this stone?

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
Tax is on the whole purchase (I just traded). Alas, diamond rings don't work like car trade ins.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
93B881FF-4196-4B83-A971-F5819877EFAF.jpeg F7E2A15B-78F0-4269-9379-1BC70861E764.jpeg
There was a very memorable size difference between 2ct and 6ct. Do it....do it....do it! :mrgreen2:

You can also see a size difference between your existing and the new proposed ACA; however, to the casual observer I doubt they'd notice.

Diamonds are funny that way though. You will spend the most time looking and analyzing the stone, so the upgrade should be less about other people and more about you. Also, it could be argued that if 2.5 carats (or whatever size) is your final goal then this is just a step to hit your final target so you don't have such a huge leap to realize your goals. Remember, you eat an elephant just like anything else -- one bite at a time!

Lastly, while all ACA's are gorgeous I do believe you have slight variations in personality because of a very tight but variable set of proportions. It's possible that this particular stone talks to you differently than your current stone, and although that difference may be minimal it makes it worthwhile to you. In fact there was another thread recently where there was grave concern about upgrading and losing the characteristics of her current stone as she loved it so much and she was analyzing the tiniest details to ensure the upgrade was the same or better performance. I'm happy to report it was better.

@lovedogs mentioned sales tax and settings. Keep in mind WF is the only vendor to offer a trade in program on designer bands. As I recall you get 50% value of the existing price, so not as sweet as their diamond program but better than a sharp stick in the eye.

And have WF verify but I believe tax should be limited to the difference of value associated with the trade. Meaning if your current rock has a trade value of $17k and your new stone has a value of $22k then your taxable value should be $5k. Otherwise that would be double taxation on a portion of your purchase as you would have needed to already pay sales tax on the $17k. But honestly as I type that I seem to recall a conversation about this and someone said its.on the whole purchase. I can't recall who or the exact details, but you should confirm so there are no surprises.

For the record I live in a state where if I overpay on state tax and get a refund then the following year i have to count that refund as taxable income. Tell me how damn sense that makes. I was already taxed on the initial income, and because you overpay taxes the refund becomes taxable a second time. Guess who now pays money to the state each year? LOL. Actually I have my taxes setup where I get close to a break even point, which normally means a tiny refund from federal and payment to the state. Sometimes I get a few hundred bucks, others I pay a thousand or less once I wash the refund out. Sorry but unless you're sharing interest on my money, then I'm perfectly capable of saving my own money and don't like refunds. Sorry, personal rant.

@sledge - thanks so much for your thoughtful comments.

Hahaha. Yeah 6 carats!! I’ll take 2! Haha. I think even if I did not have to put 3 kids through college ( one done, one a junior and another one to start next year) I could swing it. But personally, I think it’s too large ( gasp!) for my taste and lifestyle. :).

You hit the nail on the head about worrying if the new stone will behave the same way my current stone does. I love my current stone but this new stone sounds awesome.

They sent me comparison pics and I can definitely see a difference in size but we may have better trained eyes than those who are not nutty like PS’rs like us ;-).

I have WF brand setting now. I have to ask if I can get credit.

I share your sentiment about double taxing. That shouldn’t be happening!!

About getting taxed on the stone now, it’s only for the difference.

Did you get a chance to look at the stone on the link I posted?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're very welcome!

If the 6 carats isn't big enough, someone posted an 80ct step cut today...estimated around $10 mil, ya know, chump change. ;)2

FYI, I'm not sure that upgrade policy applies to WF bands. I think its limited to designer stuff like Vatche, Tacori, etc.

And I absolutely saw your link. I may have even found the stone before you posted the link by doing a little detective work. Its gorgeous! Images look great and the video is freaking amazing!!

I think you picked well. But I'm not sure the specs of your current ACA. But as an ACA it will perform well regardless. As I mentioned earlier, small personality differences is what I'd anticpate.

You could ask WF to send it to you to take for a test drive, so your eyes can witness first hand all the differences. Because no matter how great the technology, real life viewing is always better.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
You're very welcome!

If the 6 carats isn't big enough, someone posted an 80ct step cut today...estimated around $10 mil, ya know, chump change. ;)2

FYI, I'm not sure that upgrade policy applies to WF bands. I think its limited to designer stuff like Vatche, Tacori, etc.

And I absolutely saw your link. I may have even found the stone before you posted the link by doing a little detective work. Its gorgeous! Images look great and the video is freaking amazing!!

I think you picked well. But I'm not sure the specs of your current ACA. But as an ACA it will perform well regardless. As I mentioned earlier, small personality differences is what I'd anticpate.

You could ask WF to send it to you to take for a test drive, so your eyes can witness first hand all the differences. Because no matter how great the technology, real life viewing is always better.
80 carats yikes!!

Detective @sledge hahaha.

Here’s my current stone.
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4059364.htm

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs - if it was your choice, what would your choose? And why? Thanks.
That's hard. Probably the vatche because it's so classic and timeless. And in every pic I've seen it's just stunning. The jovyn is great, but another reason for the vatche is that WF could do everything in house instead of having to send the stone to someone else for setting, which means having to insure it, etc in case anything happened

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
That's hard. Probably the vatche because it's so classic and timeless. And in every pic I've seen it's just stunning. The jovyn is great, but another reason for the vatche is that WF could do everything in house instead of having to send the stone to someone else for setting, which means having to insure it, etc in case anything happened
Thanks, @lovedogs. I read here somewhere that WF actually sends it to Vatche to be set that’s why it takes longer for a ring to be completed when you choose a Vatche setting? I’ll have to check with Brittany about this.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, I think Vatche falls in the designer band upgrade program. ;)2

Also, about the stone. Its your call. It's not a massive size upgrade but it gets you over the 2 carat mark, probably a little closer to your final goal and with specs so similar no worry of losing the performance you already love. So I think it has some value upgrading if the financial side works out properly.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW, I think Vatche falls in the designer band upgrade program. ;)2

Also, about the stone. Its your call. It's not a massive size upgrade but it gets you over the 2 carat mark, probably a little closer to your final goal and with specs so similar no worry of losing the performance you already love. So I think it has some value upgrading if the financial side works out properly.

@sledge @lovedogs - alas, I decided to let go of the stone. I left for Spain for vacation when they held the stone for me and after a couple of days of much thinking, I decided to wait for the size I really want. @lovedogs’ comments made me me more pragmatic ;-). Thank you both for the very kind thoughts and I’m sure I will be back again when I find another stone :).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results