shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think of the color of this padparascha ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cool Gems

Rough_Rock
I''ve read a lot about the gemstone over the past 24 hours. While I understand that "purist" only the best pads can come from Sri Lanka, other expert state otherwise. The stones from Madagascar tend to possess more of the pink tone, but they are pads nonetheless. Although I am not an expert, to believe that only one country can produce such gems is unrealistic. It''s almost like saying that only the best diamonds come from Africa.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 7:18:58 PM
Author: Cool Gems
I''ve read a lot about the gemstone over the past 24 hours. While I understand that ''purist'' only the best pads can come from Sri Lanka, other expert state otherwise. The stones from Madagascar tend to possess more of the pink tone, but they are pads nonetheless. Although I am not an expert, to believe that only one country can produce such gems is unrealistic. It''s almost like saying that only the best diamonds come from Africa.
Good comparison. To me, at least, it''s all about the colour.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 4:24:40 PM
Author: colormyworld
Well I guess the OP did not like the ring. The post was I am sure just a random post.

No, actually it wasn''t a random post. I did like the style of the ring, but wasn''t quite in love with it, and then to find out the stones weren''t quite real pad''s in color...made me not love it even more. However, I have seen some pieces in the pad color that I did love...i just thought this was an amazing deal...but apparently not so much.

I tend to be someone who likes stones that are untreated...if at all possible. Otherwise what''s the difference in buying a lab created vs treated stone? Might as well save the money and buy a lab created if it''s not important to you...IMHO.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
rparker you asked about the color. I responded just to that subject to start. I still think the price is fantastic even if the stones are treated. If you are looking for something similar with untreated stones I am sure the price for ring will be at LEAST 10X higher. I am one who likes my stones untreated also but I also like my stones to be as vivid a color as I can find. As I suggested earlier spinel may be the way to go if you are looking for untreated stones in that hue. Sapphires in that size range often are not tested for treatment. Good luck on your quest.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can be sure that untreated pads of that colour will cost in the thousands. Something of that size and colour will probably run in the high hundreds. No vendor is going to give the customer any deals if he/she can helpt it. If it''s cheap, there''s always a good reason behind it.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
rparker..

Thanks alot! Now you have me looking at PADS!!
23.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 11:15:51 PM
Author: rparker1998

Date: 1/31/2009 9:14:59 PM
P: 1/30/2009 7:09:33 PM

Date: 1/30/2009 7:09:33 PM
Author:rparker1998
this pad ring also has some diamonds somewhere in it... I''m getting it for an amazing price...

I really like the color and at the price why not even if the stones are treated.

When you think of all the steps that went into putting that ring togethe,r eighty bucks seems like quite a deal even if the stones are treated.

I decided not to purchase this ring - as I wasn''t crazy about it and learning that the word color in the description highly implies treated stones wasn''t in my book at this point for a rare stone...i''ve learned something about gems since joining this forum :) I try to learn something new everyday about jewelery.
Hi, no offense, if it is rare, it is hardly ever cheap and hardly ever on ebay, that''s a fact about jewelry.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 2:58:07 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Date: 1/31/2009 11:15:51 PM
Author: rparker1998

Date: 1/31/2009 9:14:59 PM
P: 1/30/2009 7:09:33 PM

Date: 1/30/2009 7:09:33 PM
Author:rparker1998
this pad ring also has some diamonds somewhere in it... I''m getting it for an amazing price...

I really like the color and at the price why not even if the stones are treated.

When you think of all the steps that went into putting that ring togethe,r eighty bucks seems like quite a deal even if the stones are treated.

I decided not to purchase this ring - as I wasn''t crazy about it and learning that the word color in the description highly implies treated stones wasn''t in my book at this point for a rare stone...i''ve learned something about gems since joining this forum :) I try to learn something new everyday about jewelery.
Hi, no offense, if it is rare, it is hardly ever cheap and hardly ever on ebay, that''s a fact about jewelry.

no offense taken, however, it''s not from ebay. I thought Pad''s were rare...granted the unheated ones...

Cool Gems

Rough_Rock
I picked up my ring today. In summary, the specs on the stone as are follows: (1) Oval mixed cut natural sapphire measuring 8.94mmx7.1mmx5.42mm (3.05 carats); (2) Sapphire Quality Grades: Very Good cut, Medium light color, moderately strong saturation, Orangy Pink(oR), Clarity - VS (Type II); No enhancements. I will post pictures by this weekend. Also, need to try to place the ring in better lighting.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 9:44:15 PM
Author: Cool Gems
I picked up my ring today. In summary, the specs on the stone as are follows: (1) Oval mixed cut natural sapphire measuring 8.94mmx7.1mmx5.42mm (3.05 carats); (2) Sapphire Quality Grades: Very Good cut, Medium light color, moderately strong saturation, Orangy Pink(oR), Clarity - VS (Type II); No enhancements. I will post pictures by this weekend. Also, need to try to place the ring in better lighting.
Cool gems, it would be great if you could start your own thread - looking forward to seeing it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results