shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of my diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mark314

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I ordered a diamond through a private jeweller here in Canada and it has finally arrived. It initially came with only the AGS and Gemex, but I have found some other images from a different seller ... what do you think?

F VS2
H&A AGS 0 Ideal

diamond_views.JPG

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
Looks good, no worries.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mark,

It looks very nice from the images, do you have the proportions please out of interest? The hearts image is a little unclear on my screen, so it is hard to get a close look at the hearts themselves. The IS looks as if it might be a little uneven but it could be the image.

mark314

Rough_Rock
Here is the gemex...

gemex_rept.jpeg

mark314

Rough_Rock
You know, it does look a bit uneven. Must be the picture...I''ve attached the proportions. This report looks like Sarin but I''m not sure.

As far as it goes, some of the numbers on this report don''t match the AGS precisely. I''ve included the AGS proportions for comparison. Which do I believe?

AGS:

F VS2
0.827 ct
depth: 61.6%
table: 55.1%
crown angle: 34.2%
pavil angle: 40.8%
girdle: 1.3-3.6%
culet: Pointed
polish, symm, proportions: ideal
fluor: none
Dimensions: 6.0rx6.06x3.73mm

report1.jpeg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGS numbers are the ones of authority as Sarin can vary for many reasons, the diamond in question has excellent proportions!

mark314

Rough_Rock
Great! The HCA varies from 1.1-1.0 in score, which I understand means nothing at all :)

It''s the first diamond I''ve ever owned, and certainly the first I''ve seen close up but it is fabulous looking. I''m quite happy.

One question I have - the diamond is engraved with H&A on the girdle - is that a brand name? I am aware of HoF, ACA, etc, but I have not heard of H&A itself as a brand.

Mark

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 4:12:24 PM
Author: mark314
Great! The HCA varies from 1.1-1.0 in score, which I understand means nothing at all :)

It's the first diamond I've ever owned, and certainly the first I've seen close up but it is fabulous looking. I'm quite happy.

One question I have - the diamond is engraved with H&A on the girdle - is that a brand name? I am aware of HoF, ACA, etc, but I have not heard of H&A itself as a brand.

Mark
H&A is a precison cutting style, you are right that the brands are HoF, ACA and so on, h&a isn't a brand in itself. I can well imagine how beautiful your diamond is and we would love to see some photos of it in action when you are able!

This page explains further concerning h&a

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/hna.asp

mark314

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 4:15:48 PM
Author: Lorelei
I can well imagine how beautiful your diamond is and we would love to see some photos of it in action when you are able!

That part is still in progress. The ring is out for casting at the moment, and I hope to be able to have it in my hand in 2 weeks.

When I get it, I will post some shots.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results