shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think, just got report back on this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
Hi, I just got this report back on this diamond. Could you please tell me your thoughts? It''s a 1.03 RB
Color G
6.64 - 6.55 - 3.95 mm
59.80% Depth
57% Table
14.40% Crown I asked for angles, but they did not supply them.
43.30% Pavillion " "
Culet None
girdle very thin to thin
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Fluor. Strong Blue
Lazer inscribed
replacement value $13,570.00 canadian

With this information is there any way to figure out the angles for crown & pavillion?
I know the HCA does say they are more accurate.
Your thoughts and input are all appreciated here.

canadian 1
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Canadian!

Crown should be about 33.7' to 34'. Pavilion really depends.

A few considerations... Girdle looks a bit thin so you have to be careful with that. The stone is a bit out of rouind for my tastes. But I'm soooooooooooooooo picky
9.gif
. The third point is about fluorescence... Make sure it doesn't look oily or cloudy...

Looks like EGL USA... Is it?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You can crunch the HCA using %'s. My experience has been that using %'s, the HCA score is "about" half what the actual score would be using angles. My diamond is a 1.4 with angles and .7 with %'s.

While not totally accurate, using %'s can be useful in weeding out really poor performers and save you time contacting vendors about diamonds.

This diamond, using %'s rated 1 TIC Ex/Ex/Ex/Ex on the HCA. Definitely worth a follow up to try and get angles/Sarin information.
1.gif

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
Thanks Giangi & pq!
First Giangi how did you know that it was a bit out of round?? impressive
Like I mentioned in my original post I had asked to receive the angle measurements and I have been told that this is what they give and how they do it.
The diamond went to the E.G.L. office here in Vancouver B.C. I had no choice in the matter as the owner told me this is where he was going to be sending it. So what do I do? I had measurements and stats already done(that I paid for) from one of his employees that works at the business, so I thought that I needed to see how acurrate those stats and measurements that he supplied me, were. In a rock & hard place so to speak( as I am trying to do a trade up) I have to try to do the best I can with the little resources that I have. Basically the owner of this store has no patience for me and in so many words has said so. It's me that has wasted my valuble time and now I have gotton to the point of being stubborn and want what I want and in the process I don't care what he or his employees think. I have given then tons of business over the years and because this one time that I have taken more tham 5 to 10 minutes on purchasing something, I guess they don't like this and have taken an attitude towords me. I wonder if they are trying to hide something about their jewelery with me or others. Who knows. I am not trying to slam them in any way, I just want to do this trade up, get what I want and say hasta la vista to them. If my husband knew how I was being treated he would hit the roof.
It's people like us that want diamonds that help to keep them in business, don't you think.
Okay I am finished ranting and all is good, thanks for your ears.
9.gif

canadian 1

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Canadian!

I said it's out of round only because diameters are a bit different... It's not a big problem, though. Not as impressive as you thought! He he!

The #s are nice... If the stone looks good to you, then it might be calling you!
1.gif

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
Hey Giangi.
Thanks for the advise and I am sure that you are impressive in your own right! he he. You right that it might be calling out to me alright, it might me saying don't take me don't take me ha ha . It does look pretty nice though. I am going to think abit on it and take a look again at it next week.

canadian 1
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Canandian... You're too funny!!!!!!

Don't hurry up! Take your time and think about it! It's a major purchase and you've to be sure!

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
9.gif
I did it and I'm so excited.
3.gif
So I don't blah blah blah it all over again and bore you with the details check out the thread "Information on mountings? posted May 30th. I butted in on the post and again I'm sorry about that boulder
2.gif
canadian 1
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results