shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think is the perfect size for a diamond pendant?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean an “everyday wear” kind of pendant, not one for special occasions.

Any photos to share would be appreciated. As would opinions on fixed vs sliding pendant design.

I changed my .66ct bezeled pendant into a larger, halo’d pendant that is more suited for special occasions and I’m toying with getting a replacement “everyday” pendant but not sure what size to get. I’m thinking between .75-.9ish carat, but wonder if that might be too large?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think any size could be worn daily if it's set in a simple bezel. I think 0.75 - 1 would be great!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Think this is different for everyone. Mine is .59 but I don’t feel any need to go bigger. Very odd. Maybe it depends on whether you tend to layer your necklaces. I also like fixed pendants. They feel more modern to me. I know. Makes no sense.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Think this is different for everyone. Mine is .59 but I don’t feel any need to go bigger. Very odd. Maybe it depends on whether you tend to layer your necklaces. I also like fixed pendants. They feel more modern to me. I know. Makes no sense.

Can you post a pic to remind us what yours looks like please?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

someone posted a .25 pendant a while back which looked great, not too tiny at all. i think you can make a wide range of sizes look good for everyday use. the chain & setting make a difference too

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A794A982-67F1-496E-AA94-31C12A6189FF.jpeg

I have a .75 pendant and like the size. You can see if from across the room but it’s not huge.

Izzy70

Shiny_Rock
I have a custom order in progress with WF for a 1.057ct solitaire pendant in a 5 prong setting with a bunny ears bail. I plan on wearing this all the time =)2

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a 0.5ct pendant which I wore for years and enjoyed. It wasn’t the best diamond and after I had joined PS I became curious about superideals. I eventually bought a 0.84ct which is perfect for me, my lifestyle and in comparison to my other diamonds (none over 1ct).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a 1.06 OEC (6.3mm so in the .9ish range for a RB). I'm 5'7 though so not petite. Ignore the second (lower) pendant. I do not usually wear
them together. Not a very good picture but cant seem to find any others at the moment.
pendant picture.jpg
2016-05-10_14.jpg

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first one was a .9ct. It was a good size but it bothered me that it was the same size as my earrings (my earrings are 1.5tcw but they are spready). Within the last month I upgraded to a 1.5ct pendant. At first I thought it was too big, but now I love the size.

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's quite a subjective question! I mean, I'm perfectly happy with my 0.08 DBTY, which is my sole daily necklace (too lazy to change). As for fixed or sliding, personally I prefer fixed for smaller diamonds (<0.30ct) and sliding for bigger (>0.60). Fixed makes it sparkle like part of the chain, just a twinkle among the gold, while sliding will keep it centered if it's got some weight.

eEmVetm.png

When it catches the light it can be pretty noticeable!
OppKMiV.jpg

Personally, for an everyday necklace, I really prefer as weightless as possible. I used to wear a heavier necklace, and when I did physical activities like jumping or jogging it'd thump quite uncomfortably on my chest. Sometimes it would even hit my teeth! :knockout:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4553.jpg Mine is .83 - it's in this larger bezel setting though, but maybe it gives you an idea. (IRL the setting looks more subtle, btw)

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's quite a subjective question! I mean, I'm perfectly happy with my 0.08 DBTY, which is my sole daily necklace (too lazy to change). As for fixed or sliding, personally I prefer fixed for smaller diamonds (<0.30ct) and sliding for bigger (>0.60). Fixed makes it sparkle like part of the chain, just a twinkle among the gold, while sliding will keep it centered if it's got some weight.

eEmVetm.png

When it catches the light it can be pretty noticeable!
OppKMiV.jpg

Personally, for an everyday necklace, I really prefer as weightless as possible. I used to wear a heavier necklace, and when I did physical activities like jumping or jogging it'd thump quite uncomfortably on my chest. Sometimes it would even hit my teeth! :knockout:

This is a sweet size too. Remind me where you got your little butterfly ring?

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would say around 1 ct., but I am not a small person. I think it really depends on your body size. If you wear a size 4, everything will look big on you.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say around 1 ct., but I am not a small person. I think it really depends on your body size. If you wear a size 4, everything will look big on you.

good point your own proportions matter and how you want to wear it. for me personally i think a petite stone works better if you want to layer w/ other things. mine is a little over 1ct plus bezel and i would have gone smaller if it wasn't an heirloom stone. (probably would have no pendant if it wasn't a heirloom stone tbh). fwiw i'm average height and size 8

PSX_20180320_173301.jpg

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Mine is somewhere in the neighborhood of 0.7 with a double milgrain bezel. It's from IDJ and I was very happy working with Yekutiel! I will look for the GIA cert to tell you the size for sure. I wear it every day and love it.

You didn't ask this, but I had a 1 ct equivalent sim set in the BGD barbara setting, and I actually vastly prefer this IDJ setting bc the bezel is fixed in place and the culet is open. It hurt like the first day but I got used to it and I love how it never flips, is always in place, and is so easy to clean.

Please ignore the weird unflattering shadows in the powder room and my BFing chest veins. IMG_6088.JPG P IMG_6090.JPG

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the setting is key as others have pointed out. I have a 1.25ct in a cvb Astrid. I don't consider it a daily piece but I do wear it a lot. If it were in a simple bezel I think I would wear it daily.

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Mine is somewhere in the neighborhood of 0.7 with a double milgrain bezel. It's from IDJ and I was very happy working with Yekutiel! I will look for the GIA cert to tell you the size for sure. I wear it every day and love it.

You didn't ask this, but I had a 1 ct equivalent sim set in the BGD barbara setting, and I actually vastly prefer this IDJ setting bc the bezel is fixed in place and the culet is open. It hurt like the first day but I got used to it and I love how it never flips, is always in place, and is so easy to clean.

Please ignore the weird unflattering shadows in the powder room and my BFing chest veins. IMG_6088.JPG P IMG_6090.JPG

I still can't find the cert, but I measured it with a ruler and the stone is approximately 6 mm in diameter and with the bezel it is between 7.25 and 7.5 mm.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Can you plz show the back of the setting and the closeup of the “face” of the setting ?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For me it would depend on what ering I am wearing. I would not wear a large pendant with a diamond larger than the ering I had on that day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results