shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this transitional stone?

YellowSapphirelove

Rough_Rock
This stone is graded by EGL-USA (see stats below)

Cut (Shape and Style) TRANSITION ROUND BRILLIANT
Carat Weight 1.51 CT
Clarity Grade SI1
Color Grade H
Measurements 7.41 x 7.28 x 4.51 mm
Table 57%
Depth 61.4%
Crown Height 17%
Crown Angle 38.2°
Pavilion Depth 42.2%
Pavilion Angle 41.1°
Girdle VERY THIN TO THIN
Culet SMALL
Polish GOOD
Symmetry GOOD

The stone comes set in a halo for $5000. I do not want the setting and think I could sell it locally or online for a few hundred bucks pretty quick. Is it a decent price for the quality? Opinions are valued and appreciated.

1_62.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the faceting pattern looks very pretty. Are you able to see it in person? How does it look? I just wanted to point
out with the thin/very thin girdle you'll probably want to set it in something where the girdle is protected. It seems like
a very good price for that size stone. It would be nice if they would unmount it for you so you could have a look at the
whole stone.

If you cant see it in person can they make a video for you?

YellowSapphirelove

Rough_Rock
I can not see it in person. I have inquired about a video. The refund period is only 24 hours which makes me more hesitant to purchase.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's got a beautiful pattern. If you are okay with it being a 'real' J, and have researched comps for hte pricing, I say it might be worth the risk. That said, I would negotiate a 3 day return policy up front and in writing.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
I say do not buy t = that stone is to perfect in that setting for it to be taken a part leave it for someone who wants the whole package

YellowSapphirelove

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the comments. I would be OK with a J stone, I do want it to be eye clean. I have looked extensively at JbyG & OWD and it seems to me to be a good price. The diamond does look great in the setting...but I do not like halos, and this is a large halo! I am working to get a 3 day return, if they are willing to negotiate on that I will purchase. They did not have the capabilities to send a video which is extremely annoying.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results