shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think about this set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimi765

Rough_Rock
Hey everynone!

what do you think about this wedding band with my e-ring?the idea is for the "modern" to meet "antique".

obraczka2.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Looks like it could work but I need to see a top down view... Can you take another few pictures?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. I'm having this same dilemma. I'd love to see more pix. My first reaction is that the band looks thinner, less substantial than the e-ring. Maybe a beefier one would work better -- or thin, thin, thin ones on either side?

I'm considering

1) a matte finished plain platinum band - with the idea that my e-ring is so milligrained/textured, POLISHED might stand out too much, but matte could blend in

--or--

2) engraved platinum band -- with a simple wheat pattern (seen on back 2/3s of my ering band)

Haven't tried either yet in person, but am hoping too soon when we do a wedding band scout trip.

mimi765

Rough_Rock
here''s a top view...the band is a 3 mm satin finish platinum.I thought 4mm looked a little too chunky...but now I don''t know anymore...should I go with a wider band? (I''m not crazy about the idea of having two skinny ones on each side)
33.gif

obraczka12.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I really think the 3mm satin? finish band is really distracting and takes away from your beautiful ering. Your ering is lovely, and detailed, and it should stand out.
I''d really like to see it with something thinner, 2mm perhaps.
I like the idea of a milgrained band or something engraved.
I think something high polish could work if it was thinner - and there you''d have the "modern"

Scintillating...

mimi765

Rough_Rock
thanks for the comment!
so definitely nothing chunkier than 3mm,but perhaps thinner?hmm...see,the reason i wanted something kinda substantial is because I work with my hands,and there will be plenty of times I won''t be wearing the e-ring at all...and then the 2mm seems too get lost on my hand (Im 6 foot tall,pretty big hands,although size 6 finger).oy,I''m all confused,I''m driving myself crazy
19.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

To be blunt I don’t think they work together...if you like them together go for it, but I think the band is too wide, and the style is poorly matched to your e-ring and neither comes across as well because of that.

I would either get a thin bead set diamond band of about 2mm or a thin engraved band. I just don’t think a stock wedding band is going to look right with your e-ring.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
LOVE your e-ring. The w-band does not do it justice. Have you considered wearing them on diff hands? Or just wearing your e-ring most of the time, and wearing the w-band solo when working with your hands?
Like Matadora''s idea about the thin band in matching style as well. Although, how do you feel about any straight band coming up against the cool shape of your e-ring?

mimi765

Rough_Rock
Thanks matatora.
Maybe you''re right,maybe I should add some millgraining...I actually had the band custom made,''cause I wanted it plain,but didn''t like the flat and didn''t like the dome on half round or comfort fit.So it''s somewhere in between in terms of the dome...
hmm...do you think they could add the millgrain or do I need a new band?

mimi765

Rough_Rock
gailrmv,
thanks for the compliment on my e-ring...I love it now,it took some time though,I''m more of a "clean line" kinda girl (explains the wedding band obsession). I like the look of them together,there''s a a gap in between,but I don''t mind it.About bands with stones - I''m way to OCD to deal with that,stones falling out and such....worrying about that would drive me crazy.
I''m thinking millgrain could be a way to go,still simple,but less clashing,I guess...

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your e-ring is so intricate and pretty, it''s hard to figure out a wedding ring to match. I''m with the other posters though, you need something that matches your e-ring better. I too think a dainty thinner wedding band would look good. The wide plain band in the picture just doesn''t add ''wow'' appeal. Why don''t you go into a few jewelers and try on different styles, including engraved bands. Usually you know which one''s right as soon as you try it on, or at least it can give you ideas to follow up on and include in a custom design, if that''s the route you choose.

mimi765

Rough_Rock
Thanks MiniMouse,

boy,I tried on so many...stones,no stones,thick and thin ,engraved and not,and then decided on this one - thought that was the one.had it made,brought it home....and ...not so in love anymore...maybe I''m crazy
26.gif
...does anyone know if millgrain could be added easily?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not loving it. I would go with a more delicate milgrained band that would be more in step with your ering. I think the band clashes with your ering.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 12:38:27 AM
Author: kaleigh
I''m not loving it. I would go with a more delicate millgrained band that would be more in step with your ering. I think the band clashes with your ering.
Ditto, I''d get something that is milgrained...I think it''s hard to have something like vintage meets modern really work out, it seems like most sets work best when they are truly a set...and complement the other.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s such a pretty e-ring. You should have something custom made to fit it. Maybe a thin plain band that fits flush against the e-ring, not just round, but something that curves along the edges of your e-ring. Make sense?

mimi765

Rough_Rock
thanks ladies,

i think i''ll add millgraining to it.not crazy about fitted w-bands, I''d like to be able to wear it alone and have a "regular" shape.
maybe I should keep the band and reset the e-ring,and end my misery...
41.gif
(my fiance would stop talking to me for a month)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mimi, since you like a "clean" look and it seems like you are thinking you won''t wear your e-ring all the time, what about getting a "flat" WB made in the shape of your e-ring, with some milgrain or some type of detail? I agree with previous posts that the two don''t quite mesh, and think you would be better off with something matching or maybe no WB at all.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
NO! Your ering is SO lovely!!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 12:50:11 AM
Author: mimi765
thanks ladies,

i think i''ll add millgraining to it.not crazy about fitted w-bands, I''d like to be able to wear it alone and have a ''regular'' shape.
maybe I should keep the band and reset the e-ring,and end my misery...
41.gif
(my fiance would stop talking to me for a month)
LOL! A month''s not bad
emotion-5.gif

Maybe you can have the center stone set in a matching band and have your e-ring setting made into a RHR.

mimi765

Rough_Rock
hmmm...that''s a thought....(it would reduce the quiet days to two weeks in that case,I suppose
31.gif
)

thanks for all the responses.now I know for sure something needs to be done,the two don''t match,it''s a fact.dear mr jeweler - brace yourself!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 12:44:45 AM
Author: marvel
It''s such a pretty e-ring. You should have something custom made to fit it. Maybe a thin plain band that fits flush against the e-ring, not just round, but something that curves along the edges of your e-ring. Make sense?
I agree with marvel...such a pretty ring deserves a band that has more of a curve to enhance the ering. My princess cut is in a similar YG setting and I had no luck trying to find a stock band to fit it. I am sure with some troubleshooting with your jeweler you could find a happy compromise that has aspects of what you are searching for and still yield to the style of the ring...just my 0.2 cents...
emembarrassed.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Mimi, your e-ring is so pretty and antique looking--I love it! But yeah, I don''t think your wedding band goes with it very well. Sounds like the ering setting is not quite your style. Perhaps you can change it to something more to your liking and use the current setting as a RHR so your sweetheart won''t be too upset.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
I think it really works.....the two look great together

dyanne
36.gif

mimi765

Rough_Rock
thanks dyanne.i was hoping one person would like it
4.gif
I know that maybe something engraved would match better,but I kinda like that the two are so different. I got the plain band to match my fiance''s,I like that concept.Maybe I''ll get an eternity band down the road,and the plain one will go on my RH...we''ll see...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think all it comes down to what you like, and if you like it, then that is all that matters! Personally, I would want more of a matching band to the e-ring. But I certainly would NOT change your e-ring to match the band! If anything, switch the ering over to your right hand and wear the band on your left.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
mimi, while Val is sleeping here 2 mm plane band

Ant-Modern.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
mimi,
WOW! I SSOOOO sympathize with your dilemma, as mine was very similar. My original e-ring setting was similar to yours in shape and some aspects, and I too couldn''t find a w-band that would match. And your comment, "see,the reason i wanted something kinda substantial is because I work with my hands,and there will be plenty of times I won''t be wearing the e-ring at all...and then the 2mm seems to get lost on my hand. I''m all confused,I''m driving myself crazy" is like a page right out of my book! I was miserable, and driving myself crazy as well.

I wound up changing my original setting. Went with a 3mm band with a solitaire, which supposedly goes with anything, right? (wrong!) I partly changed my original setting because I just wound up not liking it, and didn''t want to have spent all that money on platinum and side diamonds if I couldn''t find a match and really didn''t love it anyway. I am glad I changed it because now I can get something I like much better, but I still wound up driving myself crazy with my wedding ring and solitaire for a while, until I wound up getting a second e-ring! (NEVER thought I''d do that) and I plan to change my engagement diamond to a new setting, hopefully early next year. But if I had it to do all over again, I might have gone with either two wedding rings or wear e-ring on right hand or something.

If you like your e-ring, don''t change it. (I think it is beautiful!) You can either wear it on your right hand as others suggested, and wear W-band alone on left. Or other variations. Or have two wedding bands, one that''s thinner with millgrain etc. that matches as folks suggested, and maybe keep the wider plain one to wear when you''re not wearing the e-ring. I didn''t like these suggestions when I was engaged, but now I am much more open to them.

I agree with kaleigh & mara, "I''m not loving it. I would go with a more delicate millgrained band that would be more in step with your ering. I think the band clashes with your ering. "
"Ditto, I''d get something that is milgrained...I think it''s hard to have something like vintage meets modern really work out, it seems like most sets work best when they are truly a set...and complement the other."

Good luck!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely am in love with your ering...all of the stunning and antique-ish detail.

But I do not like the look of it paired with a plain band. I understand the look you''re trying to achieve, but as others have said, perhaps a smaller band with some milgrain would be better. I''m just not loving any of the options so far...they definitely don''t do that ering justice!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Mimi,

Don't change your e-ring setting! It's absolutely gorgeous! So unique.

I think a 2mm engraved band (with millgraining) might look great. Something like this, perhaps?

http://www.valentinasgifts.com/jewelry/items/ej107.htm

Keep us updated on what you decide to do!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results