shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this ring?

aliza3

Rough_Rock
It costs $8,000 - 9,500. All advice and opinions welcome!

ROUND BRILLIANT
Measurements 7.11 - 7.14 x 4.32 mm
Carat Weight 1.33 carat
Color Grade G
Clarity Grade SI1
Cut Grade Excellent

PROPORTIONS
Depth 60.6 %
Table 59 %
Crown Angle 33.5°
Crown Height 14.0%
Pavilion Angle 41.0°
Pavilion Depth 43.5%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 80%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 3.5%
Culet None

FINISH
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent

FLUORESCENCE
Fluorescence Faint

CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS
Clarity Characteristics Cloud, Crystal, Needle

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a 60/60 with a 1.5 HCA. That's a nice stone and probably budget friendly.

Does the vendor offer Idealscope images? Because if they do I'd get one to confirm performance.

I like it.

aliza3

Rough_Rock
I am willing to spend up to 11,000 so i think I could probably get a better color or a slightly bigger stone for that price (although then I would have to get a cheaper band, but I am okay with that).

I am also not sure about the faint fluorescence. Do you think that is okay?

I will ask about the Idealscope images. What do those show exactly?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
An eyeclean G SI1 is one of the smartest choices you can make for color and clarity. I think you have hit the nail on the head there. So unless the diamond has visible inclusions I would not worry about that at all.

https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/firescope-idealscope This will explain an idealscope to you.

Faint fluorescence isn't even worth a second thought. You are just fine there.

The stone is a very nice choice.

I think the size is good as well. You'd have to compromise more if you wanted more size. And you wouldn't really eek out much more.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
In order to make it worth it in terms of size you'd have to go to I : http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.51-carat-i-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-259193 But... you are talking 7.3 mm versus 7.1 so you'd have to decide if it's worth the trade off for the lower color. Medium flourescence isn't anything to worry about, just ask the gemologist to check the stone to make sure its not having any negative effect, but it's unlikely. And you'd have to ask if it's eyeclean too.

I would be perfectly fine with it. And would prefer the greater spread. But I can say that because I'd seen lots of G and I and different colored stones.

DO you have a Hearts on Fire dealer near you? If you do, call and ask them for an appointment and tell them you are interested in seeing H-I and J colored diamonds at over a carat (you don't have to be more specific). See if they can pull some for you.

That way you can see what a round brilliant with ideal light return (idealscope, that's what its for) looks like at those colors. And decide for yourself if the trade off is worth it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results