shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this radiant cut (urgent request)?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: What do you think about this radiant cut (urgent request

HI newuser,
From my perspective, it's extremely difficult to plug in Radiant cuts to the commonly used systems here on PS- primarily ASET- which are very effective at giving a shopper a good idea what they will see in person.
But where ASET is extremely useful in judging light performance of round brilliant, marquise, princess- radiant cuts in general are far more difficult to judge using ASET- or a single picture.
There have been stones cut - in the shape of a radiant- which are faceted more like a round, and they do produce predictable, readable ASET images.
Only problem is that they completely miss the mark of the light performance that Henry Grossbard invented.
If you can view some radiant cut diamonds in person, that would really go a long way to helping you figure out what you like

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I honestly do not like a radiant for that particular setting. It has curved shapes, and I think a round, cushion, or oval would go much better in that setting. Does she specifically want a radiant?

As to that particular radiant, I'd be concerned about that white place in the middle. It doesn't look like the facets meet where they should.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Talk to the seller about that image. I agree, that big white spot in the middle is alarming but it may just be an artifact of the photograph. It doesn't look quite right. If it's a window, I would pass.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1444918435|3938529 said:
I honestly do not like a radiant for that particular setting. It has curved shapes, and I think a round, cushion, or oval would go much better in that setting. Does she specifically want a radiant?

As to that particular radiant, I'd be concerned about that white place in the middle. It doesn't look like the facets meet where they should.

I agree with diamondseeker, I dont think that a radiant goes with that setting. (I know thats not what you asked).

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

About the ring, it's certainly a matter of taste, but I think a radiant cut will look amazing in that type of setting, if it's made for the stone. Obviously, I'm not suggesting trying to set a rectangular radiant into a round hole.

About the pic- this is a general comment- not specifically about the given stone, and more specifically about the pic use posted and how it relates to Radiant Cuts in pictures in general:
That's a very tough stone to photograph.
I would not make assumptions about a white spot near the culet. It certainly could be a problem- however many well cut stones might also have an area around the culet that might light up nicely in real life, and look bad in a pic......

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

I'm not very familiar with Radiants but the ASET doesn't look that great.

gia-certified-1-81-carat-i-color-vs1-clarity-diamond-t2yk9d_ast.jpg

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

denverappraiser|1444923160|3938571 said:
Talk to the seller about that image. I agree, that big white spot in the middle is alarming but it may just be an artifact of the photograph. It doesn't look quite right. If it's a window, I would pass.

I agree with Denverappraiser here. Anytime there are questions about a photograph, it can be useful to see if there is information that would verify what you see in the photo by examining the grading report. If there is nothing plotted it is most likely an artifact of the photo - but it is always wise to call the supplier and ask what their gemologist sees.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Diamond_Hawk|1444941695|3938656 said:
denverappraiser|1444923160|3938571 said:

I agree with Denverappraiser here. Anytime there are questions about a photograph, it can be useful to see if there is information that would verify what you see in the photo by examining the grading report. If there is nothing plotted it is most likely an artifact of the photo - but it is always wise to call the supplier and ask what their gemologist sees.
psst. Brian. Did you notice that you are the seller?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results