shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this price for a loose diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prakash

Rough_Rock
Hi
I have been reading this forum and got lot of insights and valuable information. I had spent nearly a month looking for a diamond and have finally narrowed it down to two dimaonds. My fiancee loves these diamonds also. I am posting the info here to see what is the opinion on these:

Both are GIA Certified.

Diamond 1:

Color : E
Clarity : VS1
Carat : 1.32
Lazar Kaplan round brilliant ideal cut (with an inscribed number)
Depth : 61.5%
Table : 55%
Polish : Ex
Symm : Ex
Faint fluor.
I could not see inclusion even with Loupe. Red brilliant H&A under the H&A scope.
Price Quoted : 9000 dollars/carat.
======
Diamond 2:

Color : E
Clarity : VS1
Carat : 1.29
Lazar Kaplan round brilliant cut (LK does not call this ideal cut )
Depth : 60.7%
Table : 59%
Polish : VG
Symm : VG
No fluor.
I could not see inclusion even with Loupe. Red and equally brilliant H&A under the H&A scope.
Price Quoted : 8200 dollars/carat.
=====

A couple of observations: Placed next to each other you cant tell one from the other (As a matter of fact the 1.29 looked slightly bigger!). The diamond seller was very knowledgable and he told us that the 2nd stone is cut from LK's Russian cutting labs. And he informed us the 800 dollar premium on the first one is for the LK's inscription inside the stone that it is ideal.

Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks so much. And also what kinda bargain I can do on these stones should I decide to buy?
-Prakash

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Prakash

It is not abnornal that you would think the stone with the larger table to appear larger.

Judging the true liveliness of diamonds takes a lot of experience, some high tech equipment and a lot of gemological training, particularly for the newer super precise cut diamonds.

You're comparing two diamonds that may or may not be equally close to each other. Unless the difference is obvious between the two, my advice is to have someone who is an expert check them out. This is just too much money to "spin the wheel" on.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results