shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this large aquamarine?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In your opening post, you say the stone is about 25 carats and the price is about $250/carat ... are you being discreet on an international website and you actually do know the specific weight, specific dimensions, and specific price? If seller is providing only "about" numbers, run away.

Assuming you do have the specific stone stats:

Does seller have a return policy?

Is there a reputable lab report?

Is this a brick & mortar store and you have actually seen/examined the stone in person?

If this an online vendor, does the seller have solid customer service policies and been established for a reasonable amount of time?

Has seller provided any other photos/videos? All the photos you posted are pretty much the same angle of the stone in the same lighting condition, and the hand/fingers in the photos are quite pink in color (which means potentially the strong blue of the Aqua may be an artifact of photography) ... can you request side/profile and pavilion photos, and pics in other lighting conditions?

If you bought the Aqua, what would you do with it? 25 carats is pretty large, so a pendant or ???

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely but you want to be sure that it’s not actually blue topaz. Nothing wrong with blue topaz but it’s a lot cheaper. So you’d want to be buying from a reputable seller and have a way of confirming that the gem is in fact aquamarine.

I agree with everyone else that, if this is indeed a natural aqua, the color is about as fine as you can get. And the price is excellent. I definitely wouldn't buy without a lab report and return policy though. Good luck!

Just realized you're new to the forum...
1237412xwco8j4coz.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m leery of dark aquas these days because many are irradiated and can fade over time. Buy from a trusted seller that knows their source very well, and be careful it’s not synthetic.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any gem reports on it? I'm talking from independent labs, not an appraisal that the seller did.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results