shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this diamond??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hlsgrad

Rough_Rock
Went to a local jeweler and this diamond really caught my eye and seems to be about the same price as comparable diamonds offered by online jewelers.
It is a
1.44 carat
Color - D;
Clarity - SI1 (he said inclusion will be hidden under prong, and is not visible to naked eye)
Polish, Symmetry - Very Good
Price: 8,250

Any advice on what I may be missing is appreciated! Thanks

Price -

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
More info please.
wavey.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
What are the proportions of the stone?

Does it have internal strain?

You really should consider having an expert who is independent, check the stone for you, so you have as much information as possible.

NO ONE can provide you with anything really reliable without seeing, examining and testing the stone.

Rockdoc

hlsgrad

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your responses.
I didn't write down all of the percentages (I was just supposed to point out a few that I liked and my boyfriend was going back to deal with the details) but I do remember it was AGS "0," and I am pretty sure the table percentage was 62%.
Not sure if this helps but I will post the rest of teh information when my boyfriend goes back tomorrow.
Thanks.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGS Ideal proportions:

Table Diameter: 52.4 - 57.5%
Crown Angle: 33.7 - 35.8°
Pavilion Angle: 40.16 - 41.25°
Girdle Thickness: Thin, Medium, Slightly Thick
Culet Size: None, Pointed, Very Small, Small, or Medium

The above are AGS 0 cut proportions, the table of your stone is not an AGS0.

I took the above from the tutorial see button at top of screen.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You also want to ask for Crown and Pavillion angles. The jeweler can get that info off the Sarin Report. If the jeweler doesn't have a copy of the Sarin, and the diamond is GIA Certed, the jeweler can get that info for you with a phone call.

Once you have all the numbers, you can rate the Cut Class on the Cut Chart, compare pricing with Price Stats, and crunch the HCA to rate performance.

Hope you find a nice diamond for a price you are comfortable with!
1.gif

hlsgrad

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your info. I am positive the diamond he showed me was AGS "0" because I saw the papers. Hopefully, I am just wrong on the percentages and he didn't show me a false document. I will have my boyfriend double check the rest of the information before making any purchase. Thanks again.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
AGS "0" could stand for Ideal Proportions, Polish, and Symmetry, or.... AGS "0" could be the color rating, D.

The clarity at SI1 is AGS "5".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results