shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think about this diamond/price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monroeclark

Rough_Rock
So I''ve been looking at cushions and a family friend who is a custom jeweler showed me this:

GIA cusion modified brilliant 1.62 7.53x6.39x4.22
1.62, G, VS2, excellent polish, vg symmetry, no flourescence, no culet
depth 66% table 61%

looks great in person and he''ll do it for $8500

any thoughts because i''m very new to this

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi monroe,

I did a price search, and that seems very reasonable, especially for a local jewler. As for the stone, we just can't tell much about fancies without some real life pictures and/or ASET pics. However, from the table and depth, they are in good places. You don't want things too deep or too shallow, and preferably the table is smaller than the depth. So that part looks very good, but it's about all we can say.

Have you gotten it away from the jewelers lighting to see what it does? Try getting it in natural light. Is it bright, sparkly, fiery (colores flashes)? If you cup your hand around it so light can't get to it, does it go totally dead/flat? or are there still little faint hints of sparkle? You want the latter. Try all this, and if you still think it's pretty, it may just be the one!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 5:21:00 PM
Author: Ellen
Hi monroe,

I did a price search, and that seems very reasonable, especially for a local jewler. As for the stone, we just can''t tell much about fancies without some real life pictures and/or ASET pics. However, from the table and depth, they are in good places. You don''t want things too deep or too shallow, and preferably the table is smaller than the depth. So that part looks very good, but it''s about all we can say.

Have you gotten it away from the jewelers lighting to see what it does? Try getting it in natural light. Is it bright, sparkly, fiery (colores flashes)? If you cup your hand around it so light can''t get to it, does it go totally dead/flat? or are there still little faint hints of sparkle? You want the latter. Try all this, and if you still think it''s pretty, it may just be the one!
Ditto the above.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results