shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this asscher stone??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VolvoGuy

Rough_Rock
There is a 1.52 G VS1 Asscher cut available.
This diamond measures 6.91 X 6.68 X 4.02
Depth 61.1 %
Table 64%
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
$9,480.00

It is an online stone. I havent seen it in person but I was thinking of doing this stone in a vatche xprong wth the channel set princesses or the Verragio seen here...
http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Pictures//HOUSE/65641.JPG

What do yall think??

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope that there is no confusion between this stone and either the branded or the antique Asscher cuts... This is a square emerald cut (some call it a "generic Asscher"). The stone would look radically different than the branded "royal asscher' or the antique cut which coined the name (those were very deep -thing 80%- with small tables, say below 60%). There never was a set of standard dimentions for the antique cut, but this is what collectors look for now.

These being said, this particular stone has a bigger table than industry stadards recommend for this depth (see under "fancy cuts" on the first page of Price Scope). Wether you like this big table or not, it is up to you. However, the price is not at all competitive: just run a search on the same PS front page to see alternatives. Not that those ae completely rock-botom, but even these publickly available prices are better for the same geenric quality than the respective stone.

I would look for another stone, within the mentioned cut parameters (EC standard, that is). These are not branded and do not necesarily carry any premium. There should be better stones (in either, cut, color, clarity or size) for the price you have been offered.

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results