shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think about "H"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Graham

Rough_Rock
I have a diamond with H color comming, the specs are in previous posts, but I am having thoughts on the H, if mounted in white gold, will I be able to see the color face up? I shouldnt if it is GIA, and it is. But I dont own an H and am not sure.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, you look at it and see what you think, but most of my customers do not have any problem at all with H color diamonds. When I hit J is where some part company and start to object to the color.My 2 cents........------------------
StevL Dems Jewelers Eightstar Diamond Tundra Diamonds

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a "J" Eightstar .51 ct that faces up very competitively against Ideal "G." Does that mean they ARE the same, no, but *I* cannot tell them apart. IMHO the color is not a big issue since I would put my $ into the cut. BUT I also prefer YG mounting and THIS J is going into a men's ring which is entirely YG, even the prongs. It's hard to explain, so I will post photos later this week.OTOH I also prefer to put my $ into a high clarity. This one is VVS2 per GIA and was appraised as VVS1. I could have had a larger stone with a lower clarity and going down to a VS2 or even SI1 (eye clean) would have done that. So my priorities were clarity and cut at the expense of color and size. Others' mileage may differ. There is no "right" or "wrong" if you are pleased with your purchase and you paid a fair price.Just The Rodentman's opinions.

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think it would be noticeable if you place a D color diamond right next to it, but alone is not noticeable. I have a J color dimaond and next to a colorless one it sticks out, JMHO.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Tonysg-That is exactly what we did. We put my J next to a AGS 000 G and a D. The D was noticeably less colored than the J which appeared slightly off-white. But, maybe it's the Eightstar fire, but I like it and considering the YG setting it will be fine. I acknowledge it is a J but it works for me.The Rodentman

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The ring is done and I am now wearing it. Photos are coming from the appraiser via email this week. The "J" surely does not look like such in YG. In PLAT would be more noticeable, but this is hardly off-color, tinted, yellow, etc. face up in this setting. I have no regrets at all about this diamond, setting, workmanship, or price. I would probably do it the same all over again.The Rodentman

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results