shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about Annsia Playing golf in the mens league?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiehardSearcher

Rough_Rock
After all this time, I'm beginning to think that maybe he isn't just ignoring us. Iceman, do you have a literacy problem you would like to share with us? THERE IS A MIXED LEAGUE. It is called the PGA.

So let me get your point of view totally straight Iceman, sturkiej.
1. Annika took the spot of a potential male golfer who is trying to earn a living.
2. The PGA tour pays out more than the LPGA tour.
3. It is your opinion (and mine too) that Annika had next to 0 chance of winning.

Questions:
1. Do you think Annika had any shot at making the cut?
2. Do you think Annika had any shot at making money?
3. Is it ok for Annika to try to earn a living?
4. Who do you think had a better shot, Annika or the left-behind male golfer?

Yet another reason ice will not have the opportunity to employ or serve me. Ice, do you pay your male and female employees differently? I bet you have a female secretary and a male accountant. You wouldn't stand for it any other way would you...

sturkiej

Rough_Rock
Annika had ZERO chance of winning, She maybe had a 30% chance of making the cut although I never thought she actually would. Her trying to make money is a moot point, she wasn't trying to make money, it was simply for show. Which leads us to the problem that most of the golfers spoke out about, players use exemptions to try to make money to get their card or with a high enough finish they can qualify for the next tournament which equals money and the chance to get their card. She took away that opportunity from someone for no reason. The way the rule WAS written she could have easily qualified for the tournament from the womens tees, hell from the womens tees she probably would have won the qualifier. I say WAS because the rule has been rewritten so that women have to qualify from the mens tees, which is the way it should have been to start with, then Suzy Whaley wouldn't have qualified for the GHO and Annika wouldn't have had to try to show her up!!

DiehardSearcher

Rough_Rock
sturkiej/Iceman,

I didn't hear you complaining when Jack, Arnie, Lee, Hale get exemptions (purely for publicity reasons wouldn't you say? you don't honestly think they have a chance at winning?). I also didn't hear you arguing that if they could play in the PGA, Tiger should be able to play in the Champions Tour/Senior PGA.

Admit your double standards and evolve.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I see I left a lasting impression on you didn't I
1.gif

I feel the last wound I left on you has not healed
1.gif

Check out this~
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/testimonial-part-1-whiteflash.5870/

My accountant is a woman and I employ no men. Why ? My thought about women
and sports are different then my thoughts about women in business. I can trust them,
they are dependable , and in most cases more intelligent, they also have something
to prove and they do. Just my preferences. Please argue this point while you are
using up company time to search for your next peace of jewelry
1.gif

Which brings up another point about one of your last statements. Why do you think
your money is worth more then others ? Why do you think I would want your
business so you could run me through the ringer like you did whiteflash ?
No thanks
1.gif
If you have notices Im not on the lunch line here , when I get a pm for
a diamond request here I delete it. I feel people like yourself that are bottom
feeders are not return customers . On the other hand friends I make on this forum, I give out better deals then one can imagine
1.gif

Back to the topic

Why is there men's and women's tennis
Why dont women box with men
Why do they separate the olympics (men and women)
Face it physically they are two different animals.
Yes there are some women that should be men and some men that should be women, but in general.

sturkiej

Rough_Rock
You know how many times a year Jack plays on the PGA tour? The Masters, which is not an exemption because he is a past champion and The Memorial which he created and is played on his home course so he plays. The only other time Senior Tour players play is when they are past champions of a major i.e. the US Open, British Open, Masters and Tour Championship, bet you didn't know there are no exemptions for these tournaments because you have to be qualified or previously exempt to play. So once again you argue a moot point. Wheres the double standard, the rule states you must be 50 or older to compete on the Senior Tour and must have been born a women to compete on the LPGA Tour, so where did I say I had a problem with Annika playing because Tiger couldn't play on the LPGA Tour??? My problem was simply with the way the exemtions where handed out. Let all the women come play you will get the same result. So I hope you have something better next time or at least in your next be sure you know what you are talking about.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/29/2003 5:47:41 PM Iceman wrote:
Why is there men's and women's tennis

----------------

Iceman, you are just plain wrong. Mixed doubles?

Diehard, Stukieji & Iceman have different positions. One is an inform opinion. I don't think Annika did herself any favors by accepting the exemption. I do believe Bank of America had every right to grant it though. Huge crowd draw - ultimately translating to money.

I'm done with the subject. At the end of the day, I don't judge people because of their sex - one way or the other. We all have strenghts & weaknesses. Be it because of our sex or not. I'm just not a big "excluder" for any reason. Until one walks in a women's shoe, you do not know the barriers. But, as the Eagle's song goes "City girls seem to find out early - how to open doors with just a smile."

jlim

Shiny_Rock
I can't accept that if a professional LPGA golfer plays regularly in a PGA event, she does not stand a chance to win 1 single event. Odds are she'll play 1 awesome round (the other 3 days could have been good rounds) and everyone else just fades away. A lot of TW victories came around because he played 1 awesome round and everyone of his competitors just played sub-par rounds.

Distance could be a factor but Justin Leonard for example is like a 5'9" and his driving distance is no where near his peers. But he did win the British Open. His driving distance is 279. Annika is 5'6" and her driving distance average this year is 275.

A lot of smaller size stature and weaker player in their respective fields have won, though many are 1 win wonders. For example, in tennis (since this was also mentioned), Michael Chang won the French Open in 1989 at the age of 17 when he was a mere 130lbs and about 5'9 or so. Whoever though a small size Asian player (though raised in US) could ever win the French Open?? Well, it will probably never happen again but it happened once.

Another example would be Diego Maradono. He lead Agentina to the 86 World Cup. He's a *small* soccer player but he could make amazing shots.

So, I think if LPGA players are allowed to play regularly on a PGA events, even playing under the same tees as men, I think one day, one of them will win. After all Rich Beem did win the PGA and so did John Daly. Agassi is still kicking butt.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Iceman - on your point, I agree.

There are both physical and cultural barriers that prevent the even playing field between women and men. We can do something about the cultural bias that stereotypes women or any group for that matter. However, I agree, when the physical boundaries are pushed to the limits, ecluding the amazing power of will, those limits are different between men and women. In some cases there are compensatory abilities that can equalize the field such as intelligence, but pound for pound the physiological advantage lies with men. Take the purest competition such as running and you'll see differenence clearly.

By the way, I am constantly wasting company time on this forum. But it doesn't bother me because when they can't keep me busy they are wasting my time. As a successful business owner you have the advantage of being the man, as a lowly employee it is my job to try to stick it to you.
Up_to_something.gif

By the way, that episode with the other guy you refer to was a blast to read.

Nuff said.
Homer J.
"Oh, jokes....I get jokes."

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I didn't know, it was Bank of America that gave her the exemption
1.gif

The bank Hootie is (or was?) on the board of directors
2.gif

Maybe the Masters will invite Annika next year. I know she can't win (and I agree) but it sure would blacken Martha's eye a little more. Like rubbing her nose in it.

DiehardSearcher

Rough_Rock
Ok Iceman...it has become blatantly obvious that your illiteracy extends beyond the spelling of simple little monosyllabic words. I do not work. Do YOU get it yet?

I am sure your beloved Whiteflash is genuinely happy that you keep bringing up a negative testimonial. I am glad you are assisting me in keeping my message alive. That almost makes your time here worthwhile. Put them through the ringer? All of my statements were factual, both the negative and positive.

Why do I think my money is worth more than others? What nonsensical babbling is this referring to?
I'm not so sure you actually operate a jewelry store. Why not share with the world your place of business? I bet I know why...does it have something to do with the maul?

Go back to your counter and assist your next customer. I love it when you call them 'Sir'. Puts you in your place does it not?

I will be on the golf course.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Golf is always changing , Im sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. Rules on who
plays and who does not is getting to be a thing of the past. Tiger Woods has broken
some of these barriers.

I look forward to more posts and your views when these events take place.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Who the hell are you and what have you done with the Iceman??

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Funny
1.gif
I mellow out towards the end of the day
1.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I'm not sure what the outcome of a mixed golf league would be, however, I do know women have beaten men *badly* in ultra marathons. You know, running *more* than 26.2 miles?

Perhaps it's due to the fact that women have more stamina than the average male.

I would *love* to see a man faced with 20-40 hours of labor.

win
11.gif

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/9/2003 7:37:24 AM winyan wrote:

Well, I'm not sure what the outcome of a mixed golf league would be, however, I do know women have beaten men *badly* in ultra marathons. You know, running *more* than 26.2 miles?

Perhaps it's due to the fact that women have more stamina than the average male.

win
11.gif

----------------

Perhaps women have beaten men in a specific ultra running event. However, the current world records indicate that men still hold all of them.

http://www.usatf.org/statistics/records/roadLDR/world.shtml

Don't get me wrong, I've been beaten by many women in many races and I don't doubt their stamina and willingness. The problem is the physiological advantage of the male body will win when you compare the best to the best. No matter how hard you try or the level effort you work at you are limited by the mechanics of the human body. Mechanically, an elite male runner at any level has and likely will outperform an elite female.

That said, I do agree, in some cases as you point out, women are much tougher. I don't have a problem with allowing a level playing field. In some sports, likely team strategy driven events, women can have an equal shot at outcompeting. But in a pure physical competition, the hands-down victory will go to men ultimately. Again, this is in a competition of the most elite or for that matter average but not in all cases.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/9/2003 7:37:24 AM winyan wrote:

win
11.gif

----------------

A man can cut his arm off to save his life. He certainly would have no trouble popping out a baby.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I beg to differ, I don't think a man has the stamina to suffer through xx hours of labor. However until genetic engineering takes the question out of the issue, I'll have to go with the men who can barely watch their wives labor, never mind do it themselves.

win

emnightingale

Rough_Rock
"Popping" out a baby? Rank, your wife must have had four easy labors. ;-)

Em

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
WE have, what is known amoung my circle of married female friends, a dreaded disease called the "Man Flu". Man gets hiccups & it's the worst disease ever. Man get sniffles - on death's door. Man Flu - a very dreaded disease indeed.
9.gif
wink2.gif

Rank, you make me laugh.
wink2.gif

Surely, other females out there have experienced the horrible Man Flu. Sometimes too much alcohol the night before is to blame.....but it is *definitely* a flu. It can become severe if sniffles are accompanied by coughing. Death's door is very near. Add a bit of a fever and they are done.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you need to meet some real men, winyan.

Maybe then you'll ease up on the stupid comments pick up on sarcasm when you meet it.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
A man can cut his arm off to save his life. He certainly would have no trouble popping out a baby.

----------------
[/quote]

Oh, and one other thing, a women would not have gone out in the wilderness alone. She would have had a buddy who could have come back with help. Both would have asked for directions & have a map of dangerous places in tow.
wink2.gif
9.gif

On an interesting note, most of my friends don't have a clear recollection of their labor. I'm sure this aides in procreation.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Nobody said men are smarter.
tongue.gif
Just tougher.
Up_to_something.gif

Don't get me started with women, maps and directions. We may be too proud to ask for directions, but we know how to give them and take them. As for maps, most women and some men need to take a lesson in reading a map and learning the value in having them around. But women in particular. Their idea of giving directions is "go down the road a little while, when you pass the salon where I get my hair done then turn right onto one of the next streets. I don't know the name but there is a tree on the corner..." Also, men generally have a better natural sense of direction, it's all that extra loadstone in our brains.

I don't think men would have a problem with labor especially if we were given all the PAINKILLERS too. But, unfortunately there is just no way to solve that issue.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
As for maps, most women and some men need to take a lesson in reading a map and learning the value in having them around. But women in particular. Their idea of giving directions is "go down the road a little while, when you pass the salon where I get my hair done then turn right onto one of the next streets. I don't know the name but there is a tree on the corner..." Also, men generally have a better natural sense of direction, it's all that extra loadstone in our brains.

Actually, this is a noted difference between men & women. Men tend to be go about 2 miles- turn right on streetname. Women rely on landmarks. Go until you see the cornerstore - turn right. The trouble begins when women give men directions or men give women directions.

My hubby has a terrible sense of direction. And I am obsessed with Maps. I collect them & read them quite well - thank you very much.
9.gif
Funny, when I look at the intersections on street maps, I note "oh that's where the bagel shop is."

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
"I don't think men would have a problem with labor especially if we were given all the PAINKILLERS too. But, unfortunately there is just no way to solve that issue."

Steady, Homer-j, I'm sure the lab boffins could work out a pretty close approximation with a grapefruit being surgically placed in the gut and waiting for nature to take its course...
errrr.gif
9.gif

SkyMonkey

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
F&I, very true. After 7 years we have finally developed a system that I believe has truly saved our relationship at times. She drives, I navigate. It never, ever goes off well the other way around. I can't stand asking for directions, I don't trust the other person knows what they are talking about. I'd rather buy a map. I also can't understand why people who are lost always feel the need to stop me when i am out running and ask for directions. When I am in a good mood I just say I don't know, when I'm not I turn them around in the wrong direction.
angryfire.gif

Grapefruit, huh. Wouldn't be pleasant.
eek.gif

Maybe we should start a new thread, I could easily see this deteriorating into some good steam room material. Back to Golf?

emnightingale

Rough_Rock
Surely, other females out there have experienced the horrible Man Flu. Sometimes too much alcohol the night before is to blame.....but it is *definitely* a flu. It can become severe if sniffles are accompanied by coughing. Death's door is very near. Add a bit of a fever and they are done.<<<<<<

Fire&ice you *so* nailed that one. My other half gets a canker sore and the world might as well be coming to an end. If he gets the sniffles, he swears his glasses are suffocating him. Acid reflux? Take care of me please!

And how much sympathy do I get for being sick?
2.gif

On the map issue: it might surprise some to know that my other half could not read a map to save his life, and that he cannot even remember the major cross streets near our apartment. *I* am the navigator in the relationship, he drives, and a switch would surely result in a disaster - we would be miserably lost and frustrated.

And there's no way he could go through labor, painkillers or not. He'd practically pass out at the first drop of blood. Plus there's no way he would allow anyone to inject painkillers into his spine.

Em

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
*lol* you and Em are so right on the 'man flu' issue! Even a hangnail is a major catastrophe with my SO!..or a hair growing the wrong way in his ear. As a matter of fact, men are notorious for being unable to tolerate sickness.

And, btw, I am the navigator, and can read a map. But then...I'm pretty good at telling N, S, E, W without a compass.

win
11.gif

Oh, btw, I don't need to meet a 'real man'. I've know many in my past and am happy with the one I got!

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Well then. Maybe it's just me.
nono.gif

Sounds like we've got a bunch of super-terrific map reading, ultra running, super navigating, pain tolerant birthing beauties on this board.
16.gif

Yes you are right about the being sick thing. Total wuss, but only at home where it pays off.
naughty.gif

emnightingale

Rough_Rock
"Sounds like we've got a bunch of super-terrific map reading, ultra running, super navigating, pain tolerant birthing beauties on this board."

Maybe. Or else gender stereotypes aren't necessarily true or universal.
2.gif

"Yes you are right about the being sick thing. Total wuss, but only at home where it pays off."

The truth comes out!
tongue.gif
My husband will surely be sorry!
cry.gif

Em
wavey.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
*lol* well, personally I don't run marathons or ultras or anything, but I do X-country ski, and can spend more time out there in colder weather than my SO.

*grin* that could just be 'cause of that 'extra fat layer' women carry around...

All the better to feed the kids with, me dear!

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results