shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think - 5 or 7 point for 1/2 eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I am the proud new owner of the following 1.28 ct, ACA diamond (15th anniversary upgrade - yipee!), and will be having it mounted in a simple platinum setting (tiffany style?): http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-160976.htm.

I would like to pair it with an 11 stone shared-prong band so it will cover 1/2 of my finger, which is size 6. I am tending towards this 11 stone, .76 Signed Pieces one http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=3783 but am wondering whether the 7 point diamonds will overwhelm the e-ring stone. My second choice is an 11 stone, .59 ct version, which would be around 5 points http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2494.

What do all you eternity band wearers think - the 7 point or 5 point ? Or are both of these too big ?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both of these are lovely, I really don''t think you can go wrong! It really depends which type of look you are going for. If you want a more blingy look I''d for for the 2.8mm one, if you want something thinner, then I''d get the other one. Depending on their return policy you might be able to order both and try them on for a while and return the one you like least.

Another thought would be going to a B&M and trying on some bands to give you a better idea.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine has stones between 10-11 points (worn with a 1.6 ct. diamond), and I would hardly call it blingy. So I''d vote for the 7 pointers with a 1.28 ct. stone for sure. Congratulations on your beautiful new diamond!
36.gif

avlis

Shiny_Rock
here is a pic with my(hers) 1.24ct with 6 pointers in a shared eternity. hope this gives some perpesctive. (size 8)

gogpixmerged2.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all congrats on your gorgeous upgrade, that stone is a knock out. It all depends on the look you are going for. Both are lovely. If it were me, and I am married 20 years now, I would go for the 7 pointers, they won''t overwhelm you ring IMHO. I have a few rings from SP, they sparkle like crazy!!!!

plg_cp

Rough_Rock
Not sure if it will help you but here''s a pic of my FI''s new 1/2 eternity from WF, it has 6 pointers matched to a 0.57 ACA center. If it looks like the melee are big in relation to the center, it doesn''t look that way in person. If she had a 1.28 center we would have gone with larger I think.

Mark

PS. We''re in Ottawa too.

IMG_0978crop22.jpg

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Tiffany do a 11 stone 3 pointer (total 0.33Ct) for fingers 5-6 in a 3mm half-circle channel set Anniversary Ring.

They also do a 2.5mm band but for your size stone, I''d recommend the 3mm. You don''t want the anniversary ring too big as then it will distract people from the gorgeous e-ring upgrade that you have.

Of course, you don''t have to go with Tiffany - but there website and store is always a grand example for window shopping to get an idea for what you want. Anybody can make an eternity ring, however go with a trusted jeweller as matching the stones and getting them set equally apart requires dedication.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for the 7 pointers...

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your opinions and advice. I knew I could count on the PS community! The pictures really helped to give me some perspective, and I''m thinking 7 points is the way to go. You only live once! I''ll try and post some pictures once all is finished. Thanks again.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
This is my 11 stone .60 from Facets (size 6) with a .75 solitaire. You could go with the 7 pointers for sure.

ring 015 (4).jpg

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 11:28:08 PM
Author: plg_cp
Not sure if it will help you but here''s a pic of my FI''s new 1/2 eternity from WF, it has 6 pointers matched to a 0.57 ACA center. If it looks like the melee are big in relation to the center, it doesn''t look that way in person. If she had a 1.28 center we would have gone with larger I think.

Mark

PS. We''re in Ottawa too.
Hi plg_cp - I''m actually living in Houston (and get to visit WF in person
emsmile.gif
), but hoping to return to Ottawa at some point when my DH decides it''s time to go home... Thanks for the picture, the rings look fantastic together, and as I said before, it really helps to see that size on an actual finger.

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 3:27:10 PM
Author: tulip928
This is my 11 stone .60 from Facets (size 6) with a .75 solitaire. You could go with the 7 pointers for sure.
Hi tulip, I think I may have seen your band (which is lovely) when doing a search on 7 pointers. I think you''ve all convinced me that this is the size to use!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I am w/ all of the others voting for the 7''s

Arcam

Rough_Rock
I think the question you need to answer is "Do you want a wedding band that compliments your E-Ring, or do you want something bigger". While stand alone, I think the 7 pt would probably look nicer, in my opinion I think it may take away the beauty/attention of your new ACA stone. Surprisingly, my fiance insisted on smaller stones for her 3/4 eternity band (only 3.5) because she didn''t want her wedding band to overpower her 1.33 ct stone. She tried on various sizes, 5, 7, 10 etc which by themselves were great, but together with her e-ring they kind of blended together. The 3.5 pt seemed to accentuate her e-ring more, but still looking nice stand alone. It was actually a role reversal at first with me trying to get her to spend more money.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I would go with 7 pointers or smaller.

I have a Tiffany & Co set and here they are for comparison.

E-ring 1.35c (2.6mm)
Band 3 pointers - 9 stones for 27 tcw (2.2mm)
Ring size 3.5

I would suggest WF or SP. They carry amazing bands.

Good luck with your search.

IMG_5056tiiii.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results