shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you really think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone, I am having a terrible time with finding a wedding band for my e-ring. I had originally bought this plain band to wear with it. However the band is round to match the shank of the e-ring, but the e-ring shank flattens as it goes up to the side stone. This makes the plain band appear to be much whiter than the metal on the e-ring which really bugged me. I''m attaching the plain band below. I''m not sure the picture really shows the difference in metal appearance because of the flash. Anyways I saw this thin baguette ring in a store in DC that looked really nice with my ring. So I received it in the mail today and it does not look at thin as the band I tried on. The band I tried on was 2.9 wide and they made this one 2.7. I’m not really sold on it. I am not sure if I am being overly picky so I''m putting it out there for your thoughts, comments, and suggestions on different rings? Regardless this diamond band I have has to go back because one of the stones has a noticeable black inclusion in it. Ok on to the pictures.

IMG_2470 (Small).JPG

RLG

Shiny_Rock
new band 1

IMG_2452 (Small).JPG

RLG

Shiny_Rock
another

IMG_2476 (Small).JPG

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I should warned you in advance I can not seem to take great pictures.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
First. I LOVE your Ering. I think I like the plain band the best. I like that it mimics the band on your ering. I don''t like the diamond band at all.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually think that the plain band suits your e-ring best... by far.

Have you tried different shapes/dome heights? I used to think a plain band is a plain band is a plain band... but after looking around at some I happened across my favorite dome shape/height, which is a slightly flatter version of the one you currently have - but not FLAT. That is my favorite shape, and it's a little less common than the very high dome (especially in thinner widths - 2.5mm and under). I think something like that might solve the issue you're facing.

This kind of shape (from e-weddingbands.com):

palladium-2-b.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
As opposed to a higher dome, like the one you have, and like this one:

PLCF2B.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
RLG, the channel set baguette band is one of my favorite styles, so I gotta say that I LOVE that look (and your split shank with step cuts is TDF - what a gorgeous, gorgeous ring!)

That said, I wonder if maybe you''d just prefer a more delicate look for a band? I''m thinking maybe a bar or prong set baguette band might be another option (I love the baguettes with the asscher and traps - I wouldn''t change that!)

Also - I keep on thinking that LaurenthePartier''s teensy baguette band would look beautiful. I''ll dig up a photo of those bands if I can, too.

Here''s a bar-set option:

21if9V7hLkL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m liking the plain band better also (sorry). Can you still send the diamond band back or is it yours now?
I''ll go look to see if I can find anything I think might look good with it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow musey...thats the best price I've seen on a 2 mm plat band. Good find. Gonna bookmark that
for future reference.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I am the odd ball b/c I like the diamond band. Both look great so honestly you can''t go wrong.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 12:41:29 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I guess I am the odd ball b/c I like the diamond band. Both look great so honestly you can''t go wrong.
Ditto!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not saying get this but...I'm thinking if you want something with diamonds in it it would look
better if the diamonds were going the same direction as the diamonds in your ering (NS) and not EW like
the diamond ring you got...here is an example. I hope this makes sense.

They call this channel-set Vertical baguette diamonds

Edit...I tried to pull the picture in but it didnt work...here is the link

http://www.facetscollection.com/fssearch.cfm?item_category=FEB&offset=17

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I honestly think they both look nice, and its really a question of what you are happy/comfortable with - if this isn''t it, then keep looking.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:43:29 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 2/20/2009 12:41:29 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

Ditto!
Thritto for me, actually.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your e-ring
30.gif
!
The plain band looks nice with your e-ring, but I really prefer that diamond band...it is so pretty!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am another fan of the diamond band. I think it looks gorgeous with your ering

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooooo I agree with SDL.... what about all 3.... I stack my rings too

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I really love your ering! I do prefer it with the plain band.

Hello Lover

Rough_Rock
I also prefer the platinum band. I think I would love a baguette band also but the ones shown just don''t really speak to me.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ER with the diamond band!
36.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely LOVE it with the diamond band. It compliments your ering beautifully!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I like the diamond band better, myself.
Although, the plain band really does make your e-ring pop!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both bands and would probably wear all three!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I love the diamond band! I think it suits your ring really nicely.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:20:12 PM
Author: musey
I actually think that the plain band suits your e-ring best... by far.

Have you tried different shapes/dome heights? I used to think a plain band is a plain band is a plain band... but after looking around at some I happened across my favorite dome shape/height, which is a slightly flatter version of the one you currently have - but not FLAT. That is my favorite shape, and it''s a little less common than the very high dome (especially in thinner widths - 2.5mm and under). I think something like that might solve the issue you''re facing.

This kind of shape (from e-weddingbands.com):
I am going to look in to this. They look like they have an easy to use return policy if it does not work out. Thanks for the suggestion.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:56:01 PM
Author: AprilBaby
My thoughts exactly!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:56:01 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Ditto!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results