shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you question now that you didn't before?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1444084711|3935155 said:
What things do you question now that you didn't before?

A few months back my mother did something that finally made me question the lies she's been feeding me all of my life. She wanted me to believe she was much better than my father, but the truth is she's just as bad. Maybe even worse. It's liberating to see through it all, even though it hurts.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1444343480|3936434 said:
missy|1444307655|3936241 said:
I question feeding the feral kitties like I have been doing since we have been on vacation at our beach house especially after what happened in 2012 with Blu. I guess I never learn.

We are leaving in a few days and now these kitties are dependent on us for food and we are leaving. :blackeye: I ordered a gravity feeder and water thing for them that is coming today but not sure how/if that is going to work.

I also put a Kitty Tube shelter out on the porch but they have not touched it despite a Nor'easter we had here last weekend.

We cannot find/pay anyone to feed them while we are gone and while we will try getting back here once/twice a month it simply will not be enough.

So yes, I question not listening to my dh when the first kitten appeared the first night of our vacation almost 2 weeks ago. He begged me not to start feeding the kitten but I couldn't ignore the voice in my head/heart telling me the kitten needed food. And now there are at least 3 kittens (2 tiny ones) depending on me feeding them several times a day and we are leaving.

I am heartbroken and worried sick about these poor sweet feral kitties. Pics are of Sammy (top), Sprite (middle) and Squirt (last pic).

Gypsy, I am with you. The older I get it feels like the less I really know about what is the right thing to do. Sometimes (like right now) I feel like just giving up. Truly and sincerely just giving up. I wish I could close my heart to everything right now. :cry:

I'm sorry honey. My heart goes out to you.

About the kitties. Can you trap and release them and at least make sure they are spayed/neutered? It will keep them safer and cut down on the number of kitties they can make.

How about something like this, for the food: https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9519925594892654988?q=automatic+pet+feeder&psj=1&biw=1093&bih=506&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.104615367,d.cGU&tch=1&ech=1&psi=wO4WVtfzPMmsogSPv7zoDw.1444343490750.3&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX1VtV4etHtJaraRBFJfm2uXNanKvLm-G8hKZbyW3egzBbOeR2BVpqD_ca6fJIy5CVa853SCldBkHuqExct2bbby40odVVoPlo1z8nuQbN41ptwU6JxIZAFPVH71J0z5UH3qOItWOj2b8NOJPOGsNOA&sa=X&ved=0CKEDEM1KMAJqFQoTCJ-M8uX2s8gCFQtaiAodkhYDrg

And automatic pet feeder?

Hi Gypsy, just seeing this now and thanks so much for your suggestions. As it happened I had purchased 2 gravity feeders that are working out well so far. We also purchased a custom feral kitty condo 3 weeks ago and it is due to arrive finally this week. In the meantime I am waiting for help with the TNR but that is on hold until the animal rescue person returns from Boston. At least the cats have food and some shelter if they choose to us it. Not an ideal situation but I am doing the best I can do.

Hope you and your sweet kitties are well!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say thank you all so much for sharing your heartfelt thoughts on this thread.

I hope we'll continue to contribute to it.

Like all of you I'm questioning so many things lately.

Things I thought I knew about myself...

About other people...

About family...

About expectations, and judgments and relationships.

I've learned so much in this last year.

I put myself in a situation very similar to one I had gone through 2-3 years ago. And I am so (pleasantly) surprised at how differently I handled the ups and downs of the situation from things I've learned from the last one. It's been so liberating, and such a breath of fresh air...and it showed me that I can behave differently than what I thought I was all about. I learned that by not trying to control things 100% and letting people do what they're going to do sometimes they will (pleasantly) surprise you...and it's a lot less exhausting than trying to control everything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results