shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you make of this diamond? Trying to make sense of info

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pepsi_corp

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am curious what you would make out of the information I have:

GIA certified
1.3 carat (hearts/arrows)
G
VS2
Cut-exc
Polish-exc
Symmetry-very good
Fluorescence-none
Girdle-med to slightly thick

Here''s where I am a bit surprised. After I plugged in HCA numbers, I kept expecting a below excellent rating for one of the criteria. What I got was an HCA of 0.7 and an EXCELLENT rating for EVERY criteria (light return, scintillation, etc). The comments were ''symmetrical with med girdle and very good polish''. I guess I didn''t exactly expect these results from the HCA due to less than perfect symmetry on the GIA cert.

Please let me know your thoughts based on this limited info and what this data may suggest about the diamond.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
there's something strange about the concept of an H&A with less than "perfect" physical symmetry.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2009 9:20:00 PM
Author: JulieN
there's something strange about the concept of an H&A with less than 'perfect' physical symmetry.
I would have to agree. What are the specs on table, crown and pavillion angles and depth?

pepsi_corp

Rough_Rock
Here are the numbers:
34 degrees
40.6 degrees

Don''t know if it should matter really, but this diamond is being carried by a very famous name/brand known for quality. I won''t give it away, but ala Harry Winston, Cartier, Graffe, De Beers....

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
in that case, I''d probably buy a top-cut H&A and save the $$

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2009 10:11:19 PM
Author: pepsi_corp
Here are the numbers:
34 degrees
40.6 degrees

Don''t know if it should matter really, but this diamond is being carried by a very famous name/brand known for quality. I won''t give it away, but ala Harry Winston, Cartier, Graffe, De Beers....
you''re paying 1 arm and 2 leggs for these branded names.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2009 10:11:19 PM
Author: pepsi_corp
Here are the numbers:
34 degrees
40.6 degrees

Don't know if it should matter really, but this diamond is being carried by a very famous name/brand known for quality. I won't give it away, but ala Harry Winston, Cartier, Graffe, De Beers....
It looks promising from the numbers although I would prefer the pavilion angle to be a bit steeper, but it depends on your preferences and if you want the brand name/ prestige.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results