shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you guys think about this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

varshini

Rough_Rock
Hi I found this setting at James Allen for 700$ in WG! I was wondering if I was to get the set would the diamonds rub up on one another? Also is this what they call a fish tail pave?

james1.gif

varshini

Rough_Rock
Here is the set for 1300

JAMES2.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow nice set! I don''t think the diamonds would rub because they don''t protrude past the edge of the ring in that type of pave. Please, any one with more expert knowledge correct me if I''m wrong.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t think you''d have rubbing issue''s at all..beautiful set..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like fish tail to me. I don''t think there would be a problem of the diamonds rubbing together. beautiful set!!!
30.gif

varshini

Rough_Rock
THanks sooo much for your replies! I LOVE IT TOOO! and its sooo afforadable :).

I have attached another picture..I think its a profile shot (?). Just wondering if you think the prongs would be safe to hold a .78 carat diamond?

james3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 1:24:06 PM
Author: varshini

I have attached another picture..I think its a profile shot (?). Just wondering if you think the prongs would be safe to hold a .78 carat diamond?
Yes!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 1:25:35 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 4/12/2007 1:24:06 PM

Author: varshini

Yes!!

ditto..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Certainly looks like fishtail to me, and it is a beauty!!! And definitely safe for that size diamond.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s really beautiful!!! I think the setting looks safe! Please come back with pictures!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi--I''m considering this same set in platinum! What do you think the total mm width is on the 2 bands together? I''m trying to decide if it''s too narrow for my taste.
Very pretty!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it - its very pretty!
36.gif

varshini

Rough_Rock
katiedid,

I spoke with someone from james allen. They said the e-ring is 2mm and the band is also 2mm. I personally love the thin band cause I have a small hand and a also not so big diamond(well soon will have). So i think it will make my little .78ish look enormous!

V

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to know! Who did you speak with at JA? What shape is your stone? Mine is princess cut and it''s just a hair smaller than yours (roughly 3/4 carat or very close to it).

I keep coming back to this set as well. I love it. What do you think about a princess in it instead of a round?

varshini

Rough_Rock
I spoke with Jennifer at James Allen.

I think it would be beautiful with a princess :). Maybe you could ask them to send a digital of it with a princess in it.

Have you seen this setting from White flash? Its 300 more in 18K WG
7.gif
But its soooo pretty http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/The--Legato--with-Micro-Pave_1071.htm I am considering it but they want ANOTHER 50 for the head to be changed to a round. So am weighing if I want to spend like 1050 on the setting and get a cheeper stone? I don''t know
7.gif
My budget my fiance gave me was 3800ish Canadian.

V

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen that one--very pretty! Not sure if they have a matching band though (and I want a set). Good idea about the digital photo. I think i''ll ask them to do that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results