shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you guys think about this 2.03 RB?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crease123

Rough_Rock
2.03 ct I SI1 Round
AGS ideal cut
8.04-8.12x5.01
Polish/Symmetry: Ideal/Ideal
Depth: 62.0%
Table: 57.7%
Crown angle: 35.5
Pavilion angle: 40.5
Price: $14,493

Claimed eye-clean by the vendor. I can request the Idealscope image but just want to have a general feel of the diamond before I request for it.

Comments please?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Crease!
35.gif

crease123

Rough_Rock
Lol sorry, hit the enter button too quick

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 3:39:38 PM
Author: crease123
Lol sorry, hit the enter button too quick
9.gif

The diamond has potential Crease, Idealscope image would be the next step.

crease123

Rough_Rock
Thanks Loreli....again!

I notice that it is in the FIC range. I''m a little concerned about the sacrifice in brilliance. Tell me I am overly paranoid!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 3:52:39 PM
Thanks Loreli....again!

I notice that it is in the FIC range. I'm a little concerned about the sacrifice in brilliance. Tell me I am overly paranoid!
Most welcome!

It is a tidge outside FIC range I believe so I don't think you need to worry about losing brilliance all things considered. If the IS checks out then I would definitely consider this one! If it is an in house diamond then the vendor should be able to give you a good description of the diamonds personality and performance nuances so you have an idea of how it will be.

crease123

Rough_Rock
Thank you Loreli. Do you think the price quoted is appropriate?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 5:38:01 PM
Thank you Loreli. Do you think the price quoted is appropriate?
Looks about right, is it online?

crease123

Rough_Rock
Yep. From a very trusted vendor on pricescope (really hate to name it out as I have had diamonds snatched under me before
7.gif
)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 9:52:49 AM
Yep. From a very trusted vendor on pricescope (really hate to name it out as I have had diamonds snatched under me before
7.gif
)
I understand! Have you reserved it? This would prevent lurker poaching.

crease123

Rough_Rock
Thanks Loreli for all the help.

I''m still more than a little concern with the FIC grading. Maybe because the majority of the diamonds I''ve came across if TIC. I read that FIC''s diamond will sacrifice diameter, and on general, looks smaller than what the carat size would suggest.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 1:03:31 PM
Thanks Loreli for all the help.

I'm still more than a little concern with the FIC grading. Maybe because the majority of the diamonds I've came across if TIC. I read that FIC's diamond will sacrifice diameter, and on general, looks smaller than what the carat size would suggest.
I am getting 0.9 within TIC as a result running the numbers through the HCA. I wouldn't worry Crease - the spread is also fine for the weight, it looks like a good diamond. Any luck with the Idealscope image?

crease123

Rough_Rock
haha thanks Loreli. Paranoid aren''t I :p

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 1:21:27 PM
haha thanks Loreli. Paranoid aren''t I :p
No! Just dotting your i''s and crossing your t''s!

crease123

Rough_Rock
Received the images from the vendor, will deeply appreciate any comments on the pics:

Crease123Diamondpic.JPG

crease123

Rough_Rock
Overally comments and opinions on the dimensions, quality and images of the diamond would be very much and greatly appreciated!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
ASET and IS looks good to me.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
2ct and that good of light performance=Lucky girl

Nice choice.

crease123

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

So the general consensus is that its a good diamond?

jet2k, just for educational purposes...how do you tell the light performance.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock

crease123

Rough_Rock
Interesting!

So just to be sure (sorry for being paranoid, but its a big purchase for me), everything checks out ok and the diamond is recommended?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2009 1:18:59 PM
Interesting!

So just to be sure (sorry for being paranoid, but its a big purchase for me), everything checks out ok and the diamond is recommended?
As consumers we can't really recommend diamonds as we don't have the expertise to do so and that is overstepping our bounds as consumers, recommending a specific diamond is the job of the vendor who has the skill and access to the stone - we can give you opinions though and the diamond looks good.

crease123

Rough_Rock
Lorelei!!!

Thanks for the opinions, thanking you guys. Will update later with pics.

crease123

Rough_Rock
Just want to send out an email to the experts on Pricescope.

Now that my search for a diamon is more or less at its final leg, I just to send out a HUGE thank you to Pricescope and all the forumers that have been so generous and helpful in giving out advices and information. This is nothing short of an excellent forum, and I will without a doubt steer any friends that are planning to buy diamonds in the direction of PS.

I have probably created upwards of 5 separate threads altogether, enquiring about different diamonds. There has always been no shortage of people giving me advice, but I just want to single out Lorelei for praise and thanks. She has been ever-present for me, and always go out of her way to help me with good advices. Lorelei, thank you so very much!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2009 1:40:43 PM
Just want to send out an email to the experts on Pricescope.

Now that my search for a diamon is more or less at its final leg, I just to send out a HUGE thank you to Pricescope and all the forumers that have been so generous and helpful in giving out advices and information. This is nothing short of an excellent forum, and I will without a doubt steer any friends that are planning to buy diamonds in the direction of PS.

I have probably created upwards of 5 separate threads altogether, enquiring about different diamonds. There has always been no shortage of people giving me advice, but I just want to single out Lorelei for praise and thanks. She has been ever-present for me, and always go out of her way to help me with good advices. Lorelei, thank you so very much!
Crease I am so touched, THANK YOU so much for your very kind words, it means such a lot to me! It was my pleasure to help you and I have really enjoyed doing so!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results