shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you guys think...? 2.07 carat super ideal

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous diamond and setting! You did an amazing job with the Ideal-Scope and ASET images too. What was your photography and lighting set-up for those? I've always struggled with them.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
How did you find this beautifully cut diamond? The whole ring looks great!

itsfake

Rough_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous diamond and setting! You did an amazing job with the Ideal-Scope and ASET images too. What was your photography and lighting set-up for those? I've always struggled with them.

Thank you! I used an LED ring light from amazon, similar technique from the Gemex viewer. I used my phone, S22 Ultra in pro video mode. The ISO set to 50 and the speed depends the type of video you're trying to achieve. The ideal scope shot was using indoor CFL triple ceiling office light. Took me 2 weeks to perfect the these shots, but I'm glad I didn't give up LOL

Screenshot_20220810-064804_Amazon Shopping.jpg

itsfake

Rough_Rock
How did you find this beautifully cut diamond? The whole ring looks great!

I went to Robbins Brothers and picked the setting and asked them to see their best 2 carat diamond. They brought out 2 of them and after 4 hours, I chose this one.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Huge kudos for learning how to assess diamonds using the ASET scope and Ideal-Scope - you knocked it out of park by choosing this stunning 2 carat!

Great info on proper backlighting...this will be a boon to everyone here.

simpsons-join-us.gif

itsfake

Rough_Rock
Huge kudos for learning how to assess diamonds using the ASET scope and Ideal-Scope - you knocked it out of park by choosing this stunning 2 carat!

Great info on proper backlighting...this will be a boon to everyone here.

simpsons-join-us.gif

Thank you! I learned a lot from JannPaul, very knowledgeable and transparent. I wasn't going to give up looking for the perfect diamond, so I ordered the Ideal-Scope and ASET scope and went on a hunt.

itsfake

Rough_Rock
Wow you did an amazing job with that stone and setting!!!

Thank you! My OCD wouldn't let me settle for anything less than perfect!! It wasn't cheap and I don't care because it's absolutely stunning in person!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow congrats! It’s absolutely gorgeous!

itsfake

Rough_Rock
VideoCapture_20220810-090617.jpg

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20220810-090633.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220810-090633.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 21
  • VideoCapture_20220810-090746.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220810-090746.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 20
  • VideoCapture_20220810-090810.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220810-090810.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 21

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I used an LED ring light from amazon, similar technique from the Gemex viewer. I used my phone, S22 Ultra in pro video mode. The ISO set to 50 and the speed depends the type of video you're trying to achieve. The ideal scope shot was using indoor CFL triple ceiling office light. Took me 2 weeks to perfect the these shots, but I'm glad I didn't give up LOL

Screenshot_20220810-064804_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Thank you for sharing! They're really awesome photos, glad you didn't give up either! Do you mean there's no backlight in the ASET photo, just the LED ring light coming from above?

itsfake

Rough_Rock
Thank you for sharing! They're really awesome photos, glad you didn't give up either! Do you mean there's no backlight in the ASET photo, just the LED ring light coming from above?

I turned the LED ring light upside down and used spacers so that the light reflected off of the white counter top and it was able to back light the ASET scope image.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I turned the LED ring light upside down and used spacers so that the light reflected off of the white counter top and it was able to back light the ASET scope image.

Super helpful, thank you!

Please share more hand shots if you get the chance! The ring looks so beautiful on your fiancée's hand.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I think it's absolutely smashing. :love: And you came in hot with tips and tricks for imaging?! Talk about an entrance!

MightyDucks

Rough_Rock
Wow! Such a beautiful diamond and setting! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results