shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you folks think of this setting?

white_gts

Rough_Rock

Just went to my guy yesterday and placed the stone onto of the sample setting that I will be using for the engagement ring. It''''s not actually mounted on this setting its just sitting on top of it. It is a replica from Birks collection.

Heres some pics to look at...

white_gts

Rough_Rock
Here''s another shot

ring4111.jpg

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! It is very unique!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I like it a lot. IT''s definitely a e-ring that can stand on it''s own, doesn''t even need a wedding band. Does it come with a matching wedding band?

white_gts

Rough_Rock
Another shot... These are taking from my Blackberry Bold 9700 phone. Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures. When I get the final product I'll use a proper camera to take some better shots.

ring21234.jpg

BlingADing

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on shopping for a setting. It''s the best opportunity to try lots of settings and find what you love.

To be honest I think it''s a little chunky. The back of the band seems very thick. I think with a split shank pave it should be more delicate with some elegant curves. I''m sorry, the setting just seems very "harsh" to me.

white_gts

Rough_Rock
Hmmmm you do make a valid point. Again these are sample settings based off of the Birks style ring. It can always be modified. I''ll see it again in person and see if changes are needed. Thanks for pointing that out my friend.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I like it too, but I don''t think I''d like it with a wedding band.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Just my personal taste but I like the proportions of the Birks setting better. I prefer the shape of the narrowed V of the split-shank. But that''s my taste not yours.

It is a good time to consider the wedding band and how it will work with the ering.

white_gts

Rough_Rock
Swingirl,

Yes I like how Birks has it set with the v gap more narrowed. It is in the works getting modified right now to be exact as the Birks style setting. I''ve seen the wedding band at the Birks store and it just sits right under the e-ring with another row of diamonds. It actually looks really sharp when its all sitting together on the finger as the sales lady placed it on her finger to show me how it would look like.

Once I get more pictures of the final product I''ll be sure to post it up.

white_gts

Rough_Rock
As mentioned before that I will post the final product of the ring in this thread that I started.

Here it is ... Comments are welcome...

IMG_10242.jpg
IMG_10221.jpg

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
it turned out great!!! you'll be back with handshots, right?

white_gts

Rough_Rock
oranges said:
it turned out great!!! you'll be back with handshots, right?

I'll get some handshots when I get the chance this week. It does look much better on the fingers.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, it's FABULOUS!!! A friend of mine just purchased a ring for his girlfriend that is a similar design, and it looks great on her hand!!!

Please do come back with hand shots. Good luck!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results