shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you do for yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 9:05:59 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
garden, she ALREADY demands my car keys! Haha. They are her favorite toy. I really, really, really try to live one day at a time and enjoy each moment. Even when she is screaming face down in a crowded mall shaking her tiny fists and kicking her legs with strangers giving me judgmental looks (their kids would NEVER behave like that!) I try to stay calm and remind myself it is a phase. It''s a learning process for us both. She is learning how to communicate and her boundaries. I am learning how to ignore the urge to run away from home (alone) and how to remain calm.
41.gif

I''m telling you these kids are born hard wired to know about the car keys....... A mall is the best place for a fit, they know this... one day you will laugh.. until then, remain calm, smile sweetly, fly under the radar.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janine, (((hugs))) vent away my dear! I wish I was there b/c feeling isolated is spiritually dangerous. I hope you can find some mommy friends soon. Are their kids at her daycare that she loves? Maybe you can arrange a weekend playdate. Any moms with young kids in your neighborhood. The strangest place I have made a friend has been an airport (in a different city!) on a layover. I think I have an approachable look and with T that woman was drawn to us. T plays with her little girl all the time. I know I am NOT alone with this issue. Family, home, life....its a tough balance.

Diva, you are very lucky. You married a winner. There are days where her nap is the only break I get from her. Those are long, long days. Enjoy your massage! I hope your leg feels better soon.

garden, I already laugh about. If given a choice between laughing and crying (b/c somehow those seem to be the common ways to deal with setbacks) I will always *try* to laugh. Also after a tough day sometimes I watch her sleep. She looks like an angel and my heart feels like it will explode. She really is worth it.
16.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 9:47:56 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
The biggest thing I do for myself is have DH take care of James in the mornings during the week. I don''t sleep well and I''m not a morning person, and with our move it is so much easier for DH to get James up, changed and out the door before I''m out of bed. That way I have a moment to wake up, eat something healthy and take my time getting ready for work so I''m not rushed and flustered first thing in the morning. Before we bought our house DH was already at work by the time James got up so I was mostly on my own in the morning. It was tough and stressful to say the least. I am a much better mother and wife when I''m able to do things at my own pace, especially in the morning.

As far as hobbies go I used to dance but that ended shortly after I found out I was pregnant with James. My morning sickness (aka all day sickness) took over and it was just too much. With the problems I have with my leg now I doubt I''ll ever be putting pointe shoes on again!
41.gif
I do like to read, but seem to spend more time on PS or FB to fit that into my day. I love going to car shows with DH in the summer and it''s something that we make a point of doing. I think when James is a bit older I''ll find some other hobby to do - I''m interested in yoga but can''t use my leg enough yet to try it out. I also love a good massage - DH will usually surprise me with one at the local Massage Envy a few times a year.
30.gif

I have to do this too. I''m no use in the morning. DH and A get up and eat breakfast together, which gives me an hour to get myself together. I''d go insane without that time, it was what I hated most about being a SAHM. Maybe you could arrange this, even for a few days a week? (Unless you''re one of these people who bounce out of bed ready for the day, of course!)

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 10:24:40 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Janine, (((hugs))) vent away my dear! I wish I was there b/c feeling isolated is spiritually dangerous. I hope you can find some mommy friends soon. Are their kids at her daycare that she loves? Maybe you can arrange a weekend playdate. Any moms with young kids in your neighborhood. The strangest place I have made a friend has been an airport (in a different city!) on a layover. I think I have an approachable look and with T that woman was drawn to us. T plays with her little girl all the time. I know I am NOT alone with this issue. Family, home, life....its a tough balance.

Diva, you are very lucky. You married a winner. There are days where her nap is the only break I get from her. Those are long, long days. Enjoy your massage! I hope your leg feels better soon.

garden, I already laugh about. If given a choice between laughing and crying (b/c somehow those seem to be the common ways to deal with setbacks) I will always *try* to laugh. Also after a tough day sometimes I watch her sleep. She looks like an angel and my heart feels like it will explode. She really is worth it.
16.gif
Tacori - thank you for your compliment about my husband. He is a sweet guy and a natural father - always wanted to have kids. It is a tough balancing act - being a mother, wife, working or staying home, spending time with friends and doing hobbies, it is exhausting! I always try to laugh at the end of the day too, especially on the days when James has been especially difficult. They are so worth it!
30.gif
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results