shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 6:10:14 PM
Author: Maisie
I am a full time mother and study part time towards a degree in Social Sciences.
Maisie, can I ask what career (if any) you're looking to pursue once you earn your degree? I'm just interested from a personal point
1.gif

I am a legal assistant at a law firm. We specialize in product liability/personal injury (I promise we're not skeezy "ambulance-chasers").

I've been trying to figure out what I really want to do with my life, but I just don't know
8.gif

Edited for typo

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
top secret.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 11:01:05 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
opera singer, non-profit fundraising and internal strategy, and pursuing an MBA.

Wow...that''s exactly the story of my BFF. Although she already has her MBA. But how many of you can there be out there?!?!?

I''m a 3L. Who should be finishing her moot court brief and instead is doing anything but.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Psychology professor at a university.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Amazing! I am blown away at the broad range of professions here on PS. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

Sara- sounds like your job is really tough! I think i'd like a job like that!
3.gif
2.gif

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I was a celebrity and fashion/beauty brand PR girl. Now I do marketing for a language school, I dislike it and will be a SAHFI in 4 weeks until I move back to the US.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m an elementary teacher. My husband is in IT (database developer).

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 5:41:49 AM
Author: sba771
I was a celebrity and fashion/beauty brand PR girl. Now I do marketing for a language school, I dislike it and will be a SAHFI in 4 weeks until I move back to the US.

You were a professional celebrity PR girl? That sounds very cool!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 7:06:06 AM
Author: PinkAsscher678
Date: 1/18/2010 5:41:49 AM

Author: sba771

You were a professional celebrity PR girl? That sounds very cool!

I won''t lie, it was pretty cool and I have lots of fun red carpet stories and used to get a lot of free stuff, but there is also a very dark side and sadly its a thankless and very ugly industry.

A famous person with the initials SS did curse me out once though when I was a lowly intern. I thought my career was done! Luckily that was her normal behavior so my boss wasn''t mad.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Was it Sharon Stone hehe. I know you''re probably not allowed to disclose, a friend of mine waited on her once and said she is a bad tipper.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I was a Kindergarten teacher for years. I started working on my Master''s in special education when I had my first son. I decided to take some time off to stay at home with him. Baby number 2 is on the way (in 9 days!) and once he is about 2, I will start back on my master''s and start working again a few years after that. I LOVED being a teacher and am excited to go back into the field.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a project manager for a non-profit organization.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 7:41:15 AM
Author: PinkAsscher678
Was it Sharon Stone hehe. I know you''re probably not allowed to disclose, a friend of mine waited on her once and said she is a bad tipper.

2.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! Love it.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Ha, I see things are getting a little juicy over here now! ... but in all seriousness, celeb PR sounds like a really interesting job.

And all of these IT''ers! DF did that for a while but he worked at the same place I did, and when we moved back to LA, the main reason was so he could quit and get his second degree. He was also in the Navy for a while and went to Iraq before meeting me. He amazes me... lived on a sub for a few years, too.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Recovery coach for mentally ill adults

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 11:01:05 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
opera singer, non-profit fundraising and internal strategy, and pursuing an MBA.

opera singer?? seriously??

WOW!

can you tell us more about this, bella?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SAHM

I have a BS in Computer Science and did that for 18 years before "retiring". Dont miss the work but I do
miss the people and oh yea, the income
40.gif
. My diamond fund drop to $0
14.gif
!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Full-time law student, but I also technically sell make-up part time.
2.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Ty- I know the feeling! Like I said in the original post, the only drawback of moving and taking a job that I like better was the drop in pay! My diamond fund has certainly taken a hit as well. But here''s hoping I''ll buy the right lottery ticket one day :)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I would like to end up in a role like this HH, for a health org. Do you like your job?

Sorry to threadjack OP - interesting thread!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
No worries! Highjack away
2.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 9:23:22 AM
Author: princessplease
Recovery coach for mentally ill adults
I work with people with mental illness! I''m a registered mental health nurse and about to start a new job as matron, looking at clinical standards across all mental health wards of a hospital.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m in shipping.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My income comes from two sources.... I work as an engineer in a power plant, and I run an internet based company (which I''m slowly growing).

But as far as what I do for a living.... I live a wonderful life - and try to enjoy the parts of the ride that I can''t control...

Perry

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I am currently a SAHM who teaches piano lessons to children on the weekends. My B.A. is in Music, but I was working as a marketing manager at a law firm for years before I had my son. For the past 3 years I have been a SAHM, but about 2 years ago I started teaching piano lessons on the weekends too.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 10:22:45 AM
Author: Porridge
I would like to end up in a role like this HH, for a health org. Do you like your job?

I do love my job. I work in the product development group, so I get to think up lots of new product ideas for us to produce and then test out the ideas. It involves a lot of online research into publishing, new media and technology. Prior to my position I worked as an editor for a large educational publisher.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 11:26:48 AM
Author: vespergirl
I am currently a SAHM who teaches piano lessons to children on the weekends. My B.A. is in Music, but I was working as a marketing manager at a law firm for years before I had my son. For the past 3 years I have been a SAHM, but about 2 years ago I started teaching piano lessons on the weekends too.
Vesper - I didn''t know you taught piano - how fun! Must be rewarding to watch the kids learn and excel. (I wish I could find a PT job that could be worked in around my kids. Last year I watching two kids after school, along with my kids, and helping them with reading and loved it. . .
1.gif
)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 11:31:18 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Date: 1/18/2010 10:22:45 AM

Author: Porridge

I do love my job. I work in the product development group, so I get to think up lots of new product ideas for us to produce and then test out the ideas. It involves a lot of online research into publishing, new media and technology. Prior to my position I worked as an editor for a large educational publisher.
That sounds so interesting! I may be hittig you up for advice down the Iine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results