shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you collect?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Do you something specail that you like to collect (other than diamonds, gems and jewelry.. we already know that one..
28.gif
) If you do, what is it? Why? and got any pictures?

I collect fairies.. all kinds of fairies.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks around....
dust and pepsi bottles

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I have had an Hermes obsession since I was a teenager.

I have close to ten bags, more scarves than I can count, plus ready to wear and jewelry.

I think I am sick.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
LOL Strm....

I think I understand the madness Crafty.. It''s carzy.. everytime I see something in the corner of my eye that even ressembles a fairy.. and I have to stop.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
.....snowglobes. I have TONS of them
emembarrassed.gif

DiamondPrincess

Rough_Rock
OK, this is gonna seem strange. But I collect these little plastic characters called "Homies". They come out of gumball type machines at Walmart and I just got my 97th one yesterday.
emembarrassed.gif
It''s really strange because the first one I got looked like a family member. We had him a week or so and decided he was lonely and got a few more. Well, they each looked like friends and family!!I was intrigued. The more I amassed the stranger it got because people come to visit and see their twin ''homie'' and are freaked out. Now I have ''requests'' from people to find ''them''. I have differant scenes set up like a little ''hood''. Most of them don''t look like people I know but around 25 actually do. They will dress like someone or have a basket ball etc...My FI homie really gets me because I got it before I got him!!It really looks just like him!!And my Best Friend is a nurse...found a nurse homie!! I even have the bride and groom homie which I tried for 2 years to get. FI had a friend that had started buying them because of our ''collection'' and he went to his house one day and there it was!! He paid the guy $10.00 for it and put it in my e-ring box and re-proposed. That was more romantic than anything he could ever have done. They don''t fit into my home decor at all but I will always keep them out and continue to collect. I also collect antique dolls and antiques.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
:}

2686.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely nothing. I hate clutter and crap LOL.... I wouldn''t mind having a cute collection of little somethings but I''ve got nothin! oh wait, cats. 3 too many LOL j/k

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha I was waiting for the guns to come out Storm. I collect Christopher Radko ornaments. Have tons of them now. I also love LV hand bags, and Marc Jacobs bags. I have 3 LV bags and 1 Marc jacobs. Very bad.
38.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also don't like clutter in decor so I don't really 'collect' anything. My Mom gave us a Lladro for our wedding, I stuck it in the back of our downstairs bookcase and she keeps griping that it's not front and center, but sorry Mom we don't exactly have porcelain statues as part of our Pottery Barn-ish home decor!
5.gif

If I collected anything, I guess it would be unfortunately expensive purses, Juicy lounge outfits and AG jeans!!!
40.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Cows.

Its totally random and I'm not exactly sure how it started. I actually don't really buy cows for myself, just receive them from gifts from people who think I collect them. Probably have like 40 or so right now? I've only bought 2 on my own. One from a market in Mantova, Italy. The other from an Easter market in Vienna, Austra. It is crazy looking to begin with... upon first glance it looks like it is holding a cane or walking stick, but on closer inspection, one will notice that it is really a straw from its udder...presumably so it can take a sip whenever it gets thirsty
3.gif

I honestly have no clue what I am supposed to do with all of them, but I feel bad getting rid of them.

Oh, and I do have quite a little purse collection too...but not really one designer.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I collect Tinker Bell stuff...I have a whole alcove dedicated to her, a curio cabinet filled with collector''s pieces, etc. I''ve been collecting her for years....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I did think of something that I guess I kind of collect...frogs for things like the garden or the Christmas tree...I have about 3 frog ornaments, one from the SF Ballet is a Frog Prince that I get tons of compliments on and I got a new gold painted one that has 'jewels' (faux!) set in it for this year, very pretty...in the garden I have various frog statues and similar. How I got hooked on frogs (which I don't necessarily LIKE frogs especially) was in the back of this garden catalog years ago I saw a copper frog garden piece that was so beautiful...it was a frog prince on a lily pad in painted copper with a gilt crown, something like $500 and I was just awed by it. I cut out the picture and kept it on my corkboard. So then I would find myself drawn to frog statues or garden stakes for the garden and there are tons of frog items out there, my Mom would buy me items for the garden that she would see, then I got the one for the Xmas tree. The garden ones are displayed, but anything in the house has a purpose (aka christmas ornament) anything that doesn't have a purpose in this house usually ends up in a decor closet upstairs eventually.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2006 1:07:17 AM
Author: Mara
I also don''t like clutter in decor so I don''t really ''collect'' anything. My Mom gave us a Lladro for our wedding, I stuck it in the back of our downstairs bookcase and she keeps griping that it''s not front and center, but sorry Mom we don''t exactly have porcelain statues as part of our Pottery Barn-ish home decor!
5.gif

OMG...tell me about it. My mother has bought me 5 Lladro figures. I hate them, but they have to be on display. I haven''t got the traditonal ''British Palour'' and they look so out of place. My husband decapitated one of the figures a few weeks ago, he was playing football in the house (don''t ask) That leaves 4 more to go LOL !

Blod
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t collect anything due to living with five acrobatic cats I keep ornaments and knick knacks to a minimum!
32.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Hum... I guess I collect grapes for my kitchen. I LOVE ART DECO anything!!
30.gif
I have an 1920''s Art deco desk (came out of an old hotel took lots of sanding an paint to make it look good). Also have telephones and cameras from the early 1900''s. Pic is of my newest project. It is an early victrola SP? that has been in my family. However it was shoved in an attic.
32.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
What don''t I collect. I collect therefore I am - is my motto.

On the forefront - Rookwood Pottery, 1st part of the century Am. & Brit. colored woodcuts & aquaitints, Signed Taxco, Scandinavian Moderne & Arts & Crafts jewelry. Oh, and folding rulers.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Designer shoes (48 of them) and designer purses (35)
39.gif
why must my obsessions all be SO expensive??!

I''m thinking about selling some of the stuff actually but then I can''t bring myself to part with them.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I collect pewter figurines of dragons, wizards, etc... Been collecting for years. I also collect swords, guns, and of course gems.

figrns (317 x 422).jpg

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I collect miniature lighthouse replicas. I love lighthouses!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I collect the Trail of Painted Ponies figurines
1.gif
. A friend of mine bought me one a couple years back as a gift, and since then, friends and family have been slowly buying them as gifts too. Below is a pic of one so you get the idea
2.gif

As a child I collected the Breyer horse figurines...they are now packed up in the basement, but I hope one day for my children to be able to enjoy them
1.gif

Quarter Horse.jpg

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Pint glasses from breweries, wine glasses from wineries
(not for display, but to actually use!)

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Llamas. For my 5th birthday, all I wanted was a puppy and a pet llama. What did I get? A kitten and a stuffed camel. NOT the same, and I was not a happy camper (about the camel, not the kitten! He was adorable and now I''m the biggest cat person!)

So ever since, my dad has been looking for a stuffed llama to give me, and finally found one for my 15th birthday. Then my aunt moved to the country in Washington state, where there are tons of llama and alpaca farms, so I''ve received a llama for Christmas and birthdays, HS and college graduation, and for my wedding!

llamawedding01.JPG

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
the only thing i can think of that i collect sorta got started for me. miniature perfume bottles. i have lots of them- but the great thing about them is that they are small and fit into one display case that matches with my furniture. i collect ones that are contemporary- but really prefer the antique ones.

DiamondPrincess

Rough_Rock
Dancing Fire- I love your ''Glass Menagerie''
JCJD- Too cute- you are the Llama Mama
1.gif

As for handbags and shoes, I never considered my self as collecting them, but more as ''accumulating'' them. It just sounds better in my head
26.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I collect are beauty product samples. I have tons of them. I buy them from eBay auctions and also collect them from online purchases. I must have 200 or more of them. At one point, I took all the products I didn't like/or wouldn't use and put up a giant auction on eBay and sold them for a decent sum of money!

hfollett

Rough_Rock
Lladro polar bears, so Mara and blodthecat, send any of your Lladro figurines my way!

lladro2_01001208.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m not much on household clutter, but we do have a nice collection of pottery made by members of the Acoma Indian tribe that was started for us by a business associate. They are gorgous pieces in shades of cream, rust, and black. Of course I live in New Mexico so it fits our decor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results