shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you all think of this stone? (.85 HSI1)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glocko

Rough_Rock
I'm thinking of purchasing it, and I ran the holloway cut advisor on it. It got "Excellent" on everything except Scintillation which was "Very Good".

GIA Cert
.85 Carat Round Brilliant
Color: H
Clarity: SI1 (Cloud, Crystal)
6.16 X 6.24 X 3.73
Depth 60.2%
Table 55%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Very Good Polish
Very Good Symmetry

Price quoted is $2939.

I just want it to look perfect.. It doesn't have to actually be perfect. :tongue: I just hope the SI1 inclusions are not visible. They sent me a scan of the report but it didn't have the drawing of the diamond with the inclusions on it for some reason. Should I be concerned about that?

So do you think I should go with this or can I do better for under $3000?

glocko

Rough_Rock
here's the sarin and GIA scan.

glocko

Rough_Rock
sorry. i'm new here. :rolleyes:

hopefully this attachment will work.

CertSarin1.jpg

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
The HCA for the stone is 1.4, excellent on light return and fire, very good on scintillation and spread. If you are worried about visible inclusions, have it sent to an appraiser to check it out for you before you buy. The price sounds reasonable to me, but it's possible that you could get a better deal. You may want to check out the price stats on this website if you haven't done so already. Hope this helps!

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
opps, I just noticed that you already listed the HCA results. Our results were slightly different, it looks like you used the table and depth from the cert, while I used the table and depth from the sarin. I'm not really sure which is the right way to do it. In this case it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results