shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you all think of this small emerald cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360144371837&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

The table is big but it is otherwise nice, no?

Asking as I''m trying to learn about emerald cuts.

Thanks.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Table looks a bit large, but it is a nice spready stone and it looks visually appealing. I don''t know anything about that ebay seller, so on that front I''d tread carefully.

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know much about emerald cuts, and honestly, EC''s are generally not that attractive to me. BUT! This is a very visually appealing stone, and it looks beautiful! I know nothing about this ebay seller, so, as the poster before me said: tread carefully!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
The table is a bit large on this one and could appear a little flat in real life especially because the stone is on the smaller side. I would ask for more pictures because I''m not 100% convinced that this picture is of the stone for sale. There is only one pic and I tend to not trust it just because it is ebay.

soycoffee, what is it about emerald cuts that you don''t find attractive generally? I''m asking because before I came to PS, in real life, I saw a lot of EC''s where the symmetry was off. I perfer stones where the steps seem to be pretty even in width. There are a lot of EC''s out there that I don''t like because it is a very fickle cut. When its bad, its real bad. I hope that makes sense.

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
emeraldlover1- It''s not that I don''t think they are pretty, I guess, it''s just that really prefer other cuts of diamonds. I prefer brilliant cuts. Emerald cuts are pretty, but, I just always feel that a diamond more "optimized" for the qualities I personally like in a diamond, in a different cut. BUT! Others prefer other things in a diamond, and I guess that is why there are so many cuts available!

Afterall, a diamond is a diamond--they''re all pretty. Just varying degrees based on taste.

But, the really well cut EC''s can be really striking, especially in the right setting! Yours is really nice. I agree with you on symmetry of the "steps." That seems to make a big difference.

1.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I was just wondering. There are cuts that I don''t perfer as well.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 3:37:37 PM
Author:sonomacounty
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360144371837&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

The table is big but it is otherwise nice, no?

Asking as I''m trying to learn about emerald cuts.

Thanks.
Did you buy this one? I notice it''s been sold. More than one picture is always a good idea, but I bought my little P-Q diamond from this seller, and the diamond I bought was without question the one that was pictured, so no worries on that front.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
--- Did you buy this one? ---

No. The table was too big. Otherwise, I think it was nice. Thanks for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results