shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you all think of this setting? Be honest

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
Very nice. Elegant. It, in my opinion, has a touch of modern flavor to the antique design. I would think that too large of a diamond wouldn't work on it though. Good luck.

NewbieHere

Rough_Rock
Really beautiful setting. Cool website as well!

mbrobe

Rough_Rock
I was thinking a .75 carat diamond. That would not be too big right?

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
mbrobe wrote:

I was thinking a .75 carat diamond. That would not be too big right?
-------
No, I don't think that would be too big at all. Even 1 carat would likely work, depending on the stone.

Are you looking at a Round? With that setting, I think a Round, Oval or Marquis would look good. Some of the other fancy cuts would be too modern for that setting (in my humble O). Maybe even an Emerald cut would be nice, although I've been told that Emerald cuts, just based on their cut in general, should start at sizes of 1.00 carat and likely should be colorless and high clarity. This is what I've heard and may not hold any weight whatsoever. But thought I would throw out there.

Email pics when you choose and have the finished product though.
10.gif

Smooth

Rough_Rock
As a rule, I'm not a big fan of antique rings, but that one is quite nice. Elegant yet not too ornate. The shank is a little thin for my taste but overall a very pretty choice!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Antique rings arent my personal preference but that one is very dainty & very pretty. I agree with Smooth, I dont like the shank mm at all. I think the upper portion is great but it tapers down to 1.3mm. I think thats rather thin. I would then ask them what the depth is of the platinum.

Overall, its a nice choice.

Judy
:)

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Quite charming!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I have a setting from that company. I'm very happy with it, but be sure you understand that the shank is extremely thin--I call it delicate, but some might say skimpy. It's authentic to the period, anyway. And I like Leigh, the owner of the business.

Here's a picture of the ring I'm talking about, with my 3 mm wedding band. (The ring is set with the 1.65 ct K/L Old European Cut diamond from my grandmother's engagement ring.)

DSCF0091.JPG

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
That's beautiful. I'm trying to convince my boyfriend of a more antique look too. I think it's courageous to try something different. I saved several pics from that website as examples, my favorite is 7023. I'd get a better stone, though.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I really like that setting. It is both elegant and dainty. The wheat pattern adds interest, without being overly ornate. Thanks for the link -- I'm going to book mark it because I may consider that setting for a ring with a colored center gemstone in the future (I already have my e-ring).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results