shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you all think about this jewelry storage box?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m in search for a jewelry box, but I don''t want one that some one can readily open nor just pick up and take it with them easily. I was just browsing on ebay and came across this particular (funtional, I guess) mirror/jewelry holder that can be locked.

What do you all think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deluxe-Safekeeper-Mirror-Jewelry-Box-Wall-Mount-Lori-BK_W0QQitemZ310121132007QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item310121132007&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1326%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A34%7C294%3A50

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks like a cool idea - and this way you don''t have a jewelry box on your counter taking up space either!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Gecko, that''s very true. I didn''t think about that. Of course, I don''t have that much jewelry to fill one of these boxes, but I can sure try! LOL!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It looks nice to me and very practical!

No, wait - scrap that - the listing states that the jewelry is NOT included
11.gif
6.gif
!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
The only good that lock will do is keep out a nosy friend.

If a thief is in your home, that wood will split in less than 30 seconds.

I like it for convenience but I wouldn''t want anyone to think of it as security
2.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The problem with any jewelry box is that by its very nature it has a big sign on it saying, "Thieves, look here first!" If it has a lock, it says, "Thieves, smash this--good stuff inside!"

Maybe a hasty thief wouldn''t notice that that mirror IS a jewelry box. But if you really want to keep your jewelry safe, keep it in the bank. Or get a good insurance policy and keep it in whatever jewelry box you like.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do like the idea of a jewelery box masquerading as a simple wall mirror
2.gif
though I think maybe, if anything, the lock gives it away.
7.gif

Otherwise, I really really like it, free of the burglary concern.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I will need much more jewelry to fill this baby up!

I think it''s a practical solution for keeping visitors and children out, but it won''t do much to deter thieves. If you get a particularly dim thief, they might not notice it''s a jewelry box.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wouldn''t it be great if it could be recessed into a wall? Maybe if we ever build/remodel our own house someday, I''ll try something like that. I feel like if it were recessed into a wall (and sans lock), it would easily look like just a mirror.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 1:44:18 PM
Author: musey
I do like the idea of a jewelery box masquerading as a simple wall mirror
2.gif
though I think maybe, if anything, the lock gives it away.
7.gif

Otherwise, I really really like it, free of the burglary concern.
I agree with Musey. I am on the hunt for a jewelry box and have seen styles like the one posted. Some had locks others did not.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I agree. It''s not much of a deterrent to robbers, but at least it will be somewhat to anyone visiting in my home. I like the fact that it''s pretty functional. So I ordered it..... so, I''ll see how it is.
19.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I actually have that jewelry box... but I have the one that is a stand up mirror with legs. It''s fantastic. There are some slight problems with workmanship but it was a really simple fix. I really love the way that the earring holders are set up. I got mine off of HSN, there are probably more pics there, just to make sure that it''s really the same mirror. I''ve had MANY jewelry boxes over the years and this one is by FAR my favorite and the most functional.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for that. I''m really looking forward to getting mine. I ordered the black one.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have a jewelry box from the same maker that sits on a shelf......and i was amazed at how much i had to put in it. i now wish i had gone with my original plan of getting the one that''s a mirror. glad you went for it!

mz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results