shape
carat
color
clarity

What do people think of this 40.6 Pavilion Angle / 36 Crown Angle Diamond?

MichaelT123

Rough_Rock
Hi Pricescope Fam,

What do you all think about this diamond with a 40.6 pavilion and 36 crown angle? I know the crown angle is a little steeper than usual but it's paired with a lower pavilion angle, which will give it more of a "firey" shine.

Unfortunately I have not been sent the photos yet and will upload once I receive.

Thanks all!

1711050603949.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need picture/video

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The combination can work awesomely but the GIA gross rounding makes the numbers suspect.
We need images, preferably Ideal-scope or ASET and video.

MichaelT123

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys - will try to get a photo ASAP

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the video. I'm not loving the cut precision, unless the tilt is throwing things off.

MichaelT123

Rough_Rock
Thanks Kim!

Anyone else have any opinions on this?

MichaelT123

Rough_Rock
Thanks lovedogs.

When you guys say cut precision, are you referring to the cut dimensions or the actual cutting job the cutter did?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks lovedogs.

When you guys say cut precision, are you referring to the cut dimensions or the actual cutting job the cutter did?

That is basically the same thing. The cutter cuts a diamond to certain dimensions and this one is not cut to the proportions that make for a stellar appearance.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks lovedogs.

A diamond can have good (averaged) proportions and still not be cut well. I'm referring to the level of optical symmetry (the actual cutting job) in the diamond.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
These black areas at the bast of the arrows are evidence of pavilion twist. So angles can be great, but cut precision can be off. Hope this helps.

IMG_7385.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results