shape
carat
color
clarity

What do Cut Advisor numbers 2 or below mean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
So, I understand that any cut advisor number below 2 is considered excellent, but what I''m wondering is what, if anything, can one assume about a diamond''s cut based on the specific number it gets. For example, is a .5 intrinsically better than a 1.5? Or does one end of that range have more white light, and the other end have more fire/dispersion? (May be getting terminology wrong. If so, please correct me!)

Thanks in advance!

-Melissa

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are reading too much into it
sad.gif

Check out www.diamond-cut.com.au if you want the whole story.

Otherwise just go out and find a nice stone below 2
1.gif

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Cut Nut!

I had a feeling I might be. (Reading too much into it, that is.) It sure would be interesting if it did work that way though. (It was the comment next to the HCA that says some people might prefer a 1.5 to a .5 that made me wonder.)

Ooooh, just checked out that site, and I look forward to reading it all! (Can't now unfortunately. Must pack!)

Thanks again,

Melissa

Just realized (dopey me) from your avatar and picture on the above mentioned site, that you are in fact Garry Holloway, are you not? I think the work you've done/are doing is very important and exciting. Thank you for sharing it with everyone who's interested! Also, this is completely irrelevant, but my father was also a Garry with 2 r's.
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/3/2003 11:39:51 AM dancingmelimel wrote:

Just realized (dopey me) from your avatar and picture on the above mentioned site, that you are in fact Garry Holloway, are you not? I think the work you've done/are doing is very important and exciting. Thank you for sharing it with everyone who's interested! Also, this is completely irrelevant, but my father was also a Garry with 2 r's.
1.gif

----------------

dancingMel, don't feel bad...I just learned that now, too, thanks to you. Then again, I'm still a newbie here!
9.gif
I've always wondered which Pro CutNut is...

Hi Garry!
wavey.gif
I agree with dancingMel that your work *IS* important here, as is all the rest of the Pros here. Thank you.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Garry. You're so dreamy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results