shape
carat
color
clarity

What did everyone buy on Black Friday??

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m not sure yet. My local jewelers are so good to me, I’d almost feel disloyal going with someone else. But I haven’t used them for anything custom so far & would hate to not like it when it’s done. So I’m planning to take my time. First see if I love it in person, then make my mind up on setting. It may be a little while before I do set it. I think it would be the perfect little Valentine’s ring ❤

That’s a good idea to take your time to see what you want. I used David for my little ring. He does great bezels. It would be perfect for Valentine’s Day!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh got my Cyber Monday purchase already. Sooner than anticipated as I never got a shipping notification. Kudos to USPS for their efficient delivery this time. And sorry to my mailman as I was sort of a sweaty wreck just getting out of the tub and quickly throwing on clothes when I answered the door haha.

petitepaigesideview.png

petitepaigerooting.png

It's not the sunglasses though they are relatively new. Can you guess what my impulse purchase was this past Monday?

You look great as a blonde @missy! I like that it has highlights!

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
I went overboard..since I'm laid up (ACL surgery) shopping is one of my few outlets.

1. 5ct Diamond Tennis Bracelet (Costco crazy good deal)
2. MagiMix Food Processor (can't find bowls any longer for my 20 y.o. RoboCoupe/KitchenAid)
3. Milwaukee Cordless drill (for my new to me boat)

And I'm debating splurging on the BN 1.5c 7 stone Luna ring.....got the idea right here on PS!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The GHD travel hairdryer I bought on sale for like $79 is worth every penny.

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
I went overboard..since I'm laid up (ACL surgery) shopping is one of my few outlets.

2. MagiMix Food Processor (can't find bowls any longer for my 20 y.o. RoboCoupe/KitchenAid)

And I'm debating splurging on the BN 1.5c 7 stone Luna ring.....got the idea right here on PS!

Good lord...2x in the last 3 days, UPS has been within 10 houses of my house...but they have failed to drop off my Costco Bracelet. And there is a 40 minute hold on the Costco 800 number. What a crapshow. And, I have to sign for it. SO frustrating. I may just go buy it in the store and return the one that arrives at the house, whenever it does.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Good lord...2x in the last 3 days, UPS has been within 10 houses of my house...but they have failed to drop off my Costco Bracelet. And there is a 40 minute hold on the Costco 800 number. What a crapshow. And, I have to sign for it. SO frustrating. I may just go buy it in the store and return the one that arrives at the house, whenever it does.

Might be worth it to hold. I had that issue with an order and somehow they managed to mess up my address. My confirmation email had the correct address but it was goofed up on the package.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Feel better and heal well @TechieTechie. My dh really loves his Milwaukee cordless drills. He has a pair of 12 volt and a pair of 18 volt Milwaukee drills. He loves them and he said it is an excellent tool. And woohoo congrats on your new boat. That is sweet. And please share that 5ct diamond tennis bracelet you purchased when it arrives. Hope it arrives soon and that you love it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2C706B79-42D8-475E-82FD-87E137A9B278.jpeg
And now I am TALL! LOL
They are very comfortable and when I wore them for the first time yesterday I got THREE compliments.

Gorgeous! Like you @Jimmianne and I can picture you in these so easily. :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad some of y'all got some good stuff...lol My plumbing is due to be completed next week, I had to get a permit approved because code enforcment is a bear around here. And they have to go all the way from the house to the street main. gads.... but hey it'll be good and i won't have to mess with it again after this( lets hope)

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bought my 17 month old a big girl bedroom set since we are kicking her out of the nursery next mont, I seriously love this suite

8FA1907E-5841-4AF3-9A20-280585DA0BB0.jpeg

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Dyson Hair Dryer for 20% off at Best Buy (these are NEVER on sale)... 2 Brahmin, 1 Michael Kors bag at Dillard's - Discounted and an additional 50% off!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bought my 17 month old a big girl bedroom set since we are kicking her out of the nursery next mont, I seriously love this suite

8FA1907E-5841-4AF3-9A20-280585DA0BB0.jpeg

Oh that is gorgeous. Get the color paint from the manufacturer and write it down, lol. She is going to draw all over it. I was warned and sure enough it happened, but when she grew up, I painted it the same color and it looked good as new.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is gorgeous. Get the color paint from the manufacturer and write it down, lol. She is going to draw all over it. I was warned and sure enough it happened, but when she grew up, I painted it the same color and it looked good as new.

My mom told me I couldn't write on the furniture but what I WAS allowed to do was put masking tape on the furniture and write on the masking tape. My childhood furniture was COVERED in masking tape, but it all came off and my parents cleaned away the sticky with alcohol and it was all good!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing.

I don't observe any holidays.
IMO, they have all devolved into shamefully manipulative money grabs. :nono:
As always YMMV, to each their own, people vary ... blah blah blah.

I wouldn't have posted anything here, but the OP asked everyone to respond.

Last edited:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing.

I don't observe any holidays.
IMO, they have all devolved into shamefully manipulative money grabs. :nono:
As always YMMV, to each their own, people vary ... blah blah blah.

I wouldn't have posted anything here, but the OP asked everyone to respond.

I don't "observe" the holiday of "black friday" but you can bet I buy things on my wishlist when they're on sale :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A single and a double induction hobs, and disposable takeaway containers for my pop up kitchen events.

DK :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Distracts, I didn't say Black Friday itself was a holiday.
It is seen by many as the start of the shopping stampede for you know what. :nono:

But sure, if there was anything I was thinking of buying that might have been a good day for it ... except I'd rather pay tripple the price than have to fight my way through the frenzied crowds. :knockout:

I honestly need nothing.
Actually I'm spending a huge amount of time right now excavating through all the excessive unused crap I've bought throughout my life. :doh:
I'm selling, throwing away, and giving tons of stuff away.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly need nothing.
Actually I'm spending a huge amount of time right now excavating through all the excessive unused crap I've bought throughout my life. :doh:
I'm selling, throwing away, and giving tons of stuff away.

Same here. In that I need nothing. I enjoy shopping too much.

But unlike you I have had no motivation at this time to sort through all my (too much) stuff to get rid of what I don't need or want and donate what is in good shape to charity and throw away the rest. I don't make New Year's resolutions but if I did that would be a good one.

Thanks for your post because I now feel motivated to start going through my things and getting rid of what is just taking up space with no function nor use to me.
Thank you Kenny.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
what site/store?

It's by Nicole Benisti, and I bought it from Shoptiques online. I'd never heard of the platform before, but they had the coat on sale and had an extra promo code! Shipping was quick and customer service was easy to contact with questions

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Good call! I was thinking if she draws on it we could just paint it whatever color but I like your idea lol

I am also going to get the 5 year protection plan it if the store confirms they will fix it due to child, I am hoping that she doesn't destroy it. She has been very good at taking care of things right now and she is a tad OCD which is so strange to see in a tiny pre-toddler lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good call! I was thinking if she draws on it we could just paint it whatever color but I like your idea lol

I am also going to get the 5 year protection plan it if the store confirms they will fix it due to child, I am hoping that she doesn't destroy it. She has been very good at taking care of things right now and she is a tad OCD which is so strange to see in a tiny pre-toddler lol

Of course you know the story— quiet as a church mouse. Drawing people all over her white furniture lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom told me I couldn't write on the furniture but what I WAS allowed to do was put masking tape on the furniture and write on the masking tape. My childhood furniture was COVERED in masking tape, but it all came off and my parents cleaned away the sticky with alcohol and it was all good!

A good alternative idea.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best deal was on zazzle for my daughter's wedding invitation suite. Saved 60%. I think I've bought a couple more Echos too. They grew on me. I like bossing Alexa around and going ADHD with asking for songs one after the other. Even my husband is onboard with Alexa now.:-o

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
Nothing crazy. Got rings from small designers who don’t do sales often, plus a Mason Pearson hair brush.

Melanie Casey petite distance band at 15% off
374D01F0-13AE-402E-B8B1-1B8CAC8A9D4D.jpeg

Sofia Zakia guardian ring in rose gold at 20% off
5411EF72-4F2A-4EE6-8B1C-CE431A2DFB2C.jpeg

@JPie I have been hooked with the MC petite distance ring for a while and am about to pull the trigger to order. I am so happy to find this post of yours! Do you mind to share if this ring is comfortable to wear, and how do you like the quality of it? I appreciate it in advance for your information as this will save me potential troubles to return!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie I have been hooked with the MC petite distance ring for a while and am about to pull the trigger to order. I am so happy to find this post of yours! Do you mind to share if this ring is comfortable to wear, and how do you like the quality of it? I appreciate it in advance for your information as this will save me potential troubles to return!

Honestly, I haven’t worn it a whole lot. It’s perfectly comfortable, but I’m scared to test how sturdy it really is! It also drives me a little nuts when it spins around. I think the quality is okay for the sale price that I paid, but it doesn’t feel solid enough to be an everyday ring.

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
Honestly, I haven’t worn it a whole lot. It’s perfectly comfortable, but I’m scared to test how sturdy it really is! It also drives me a little nuts when it spins around. I think the quality is okay for the sale price that I paid, but it doesn’t feel solid enough to be an everyday ring.

@JPie Thank you so much for replying to me

@JPie thank you so much for giving all the good information! and you are like you can read my mind because everything you mentioned here is what I was concerned :) Looks like I will have to look at some other options.

I also want you to know that I really admire your Kataoka collection. You started a post a while ago, and I still pull the post out from time to time to look at the beautiful pieces you posted (and the pieces posted by @Crystal_Dreams and @Chanterelle - I am jealous of you all!). I appreciate you all to share your collections so I got to know this designer. I hope one day I will own band from this designer - I don't know when but I am working on it ;-)

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie Thank you so much for replying to me

@JPie thank you so much for giving all the good information! and you are like you can read my mind because everything you mentioned here is what I was concerned :) Looks like I will have to look at some other options.

I also want you to know that I really admire your Kataoka collection. You started a post a while ago, and I still pull the post out from time to time to look at the beautiful pieces you posted (and the pieces posted by @Crystal_Dreams and @Chanterelle - I am jealous of you all!). I appreciate you all to share your collections so I got to know this designer. I hope one day I will own band from this designer - I don't know when but I am working on it ;-)
Glad I could help! Sturdy or not, the Distance band is still a fun stacking ring.

Did you have your heart set on any Kataoka ring in particular?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results