shape
carat
color
clarity

what diamond shape would you NOT buy again?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
what diamond shape would you NOT buy again OR would you buy/would have bought if you purchased one again?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heck I love them alll. lol, I have yet to see a shape I dont like
1.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
The one shape I am not crazy about in a diamond is a heart. Something about it just doesn''t appeal to me. But, I think the shape can look really nice in colored gemstones.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 9:31:03 PM
Author: rockzilla
The one shape I am not crazy about in a diamond is a heart. Something about it just doesn't appeal to me. But, I think the shape can look really nice in colored gemstones.
I agree! (That is, I'm not a fan of heart shape stones!) I think they look too cutesy for me.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never wanted one for an e ring but a girlfriend of mine has a 4 carat heart on a thin plat chain and I love it! I just find them too hokey for an ering.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
my first e ring was an oval and I just wouldnt want to have that again for the reason of I have had it once and I am trying to cover all the shapes
2.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I just don''t like the marquise, although I really like pears. And I really don''t care for princess. I used to love the square shape until I saw my first cushion.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 9:11:53 PM
Author:biblobaggins23
what diamond shape would you NOT buy again OR would you buy/would have bought if you purchased one again?
the pear and marquise I guess... I think they''re both very pretty but I''ve had friends who complained about them being pokey and scratchy... its probably just their settings but really - what''s not to love about the diamonds?? LOL

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also am not a huge pear, marquise or princess lover in an ering, though I like them in other items of jewelry.

For erings I like cushions, asschers, emerald cuts and ovals.

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
I had a marquise for 17 years until I chipped it and had to replace it. I went with a round because I didn''t want anymore pointy corners to break again. I miss the marquise. I would probably get another marquise if I had it to do over again.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Pear. I got a really good deal on Ebay for a pear I bought as a 1.25, but ended up being almost 1 1/2 cts! I had it set on a plain platinum band as a right hand ring.. It''s beautiful, but not "me". It''s also almost impossible to sell. Guess they are really not "coming back" as everyone suggests.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Emerald. I liked it at first but I''m just not loving it anymore. People say it''s better in bigger sizes and mine is like 8x6mm so it''s not tiny but its not really the faceting that I don''t like it''s that the faceting shows dirt so badly. I am also leary to puchase an asscher because it has similar faceting patterns. It''s beautiful when it''s PERFECTLY clean but even though I clean it every morning, it still has water spots and little specks of dust.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
I have a marquise and I absolutely LOVE it! It is my favorite shape and I have tried them all on. If I bought another stone, I would probably upgrade my marquise to a larger one. I think they are very elegant. I love rounds on other people, but they do nothing for my hand. I don''t care for heart shape stones. What really matters is what YOU like. What looks best on your hand?? I love cushion and asshers as well. I love the fancy shapes!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no shape I wouldn''t consider. My goal as a collector is to have at least one of every shape. I really would love an enormous marquise - it''s my favorite shape.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I have to DITTO that. There is no diamond shape that I would turn away, I''d covet one of each if I could
emwink.gif

However, I am partial to my RB. Nothing sparkles as much as a round, IMO
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2007 8:58:26 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
There is no shape I wouldn''t consider. My goal as a collector is to have at least one of every shape. I really would love an enormous marquise - it''s my favorite shape.
HI:

I''m with Madam B here...all shapes and sizes......BTW Madam B, where is "that" picture of your collection???? ummmmm??
2.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Sharon - I''m working on it, planning how to set the pictures up and write a little narrative about each one. As soon as it gets warmer outside I''ll get started.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I would not buy princess cuts for diamond stud earrings again. I thought I had to have a pair because they were something kind of different, but I really didn''t like the way the square shape looked on the ear and I ended up trading them for rounds.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe well i just have rounds so i would always buy them again!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 7:38:26 AM
Author: sistagrl2004
Pear. I got a really good deal on Ebay for a pear I bought as a 1.25, but ended up being almost 1 1/2 cts! I had it set on a plain platinum band as a right hand ring.. It''s beautiful, but not ''me''. It''s also almost impossible to sell. Guess they are really not ''coming back'' as everyone suggests.
I think pears make awesome pendants, especially in a halo :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t say that there''s a shape I would not buy again. They all appeal to me when they''re well cut.
1.gif
I''ve had round, princess, and pear so far.

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Wow...good question.....I have always loved marquise....I have had 3 of them and now I have my long princess cut yellow- I''m not sure if I would go back to the marquise- I know 1 thing- I love a longer, skinnier stone - they look elegant on my long fingers- My next stone- I f I can ever part with this one-( I seriously doubt it though) woudl be a radiant or cushion or some unusual stone- has to have a good length to width ratio- it woudl have to seriously blow me away to get rid ofthis one I have......I do think each shape though has its place and can be georgous in the right piece of jewelry

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
The two shapes I really don't like are princess, which have just been so trendy lately and the crushed glass look of radiants. I love my east/west marquise, though many others do not exactly love marquise diamonds.
25.gif

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
My 1st group of diamond shapes that I currently love are emerald, heart and oval.. than it probaby be marquise, pear, cushion, radient and princess.. I dun know if I would get an asscher because it looks small for its size and I dun know if I would get a round for myself again.. But if someone gave it to me, I wouldnt turn it down.. I just loveeeeeeee diamonds..
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 11:04:56 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
I just don''t like the marquise, although I really like pears. And I really don''t care for princess. I used to love the square shape until I saw my first cushion.
Wow! I could have written this post!!

The only thing I would add is emeral -- just not a fan.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t like the princess or round or heart on MY hand. I like all of the other shapes and FAT marquise. Now we are talking solitare right? Cause I do like rounds in a setting.

I really like rectangular shapes cushions, emeralds, ovals, and OECs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results