shape
carat
color
clarity

What diamond qualities do you want to search?

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Some of us are looking for certain qualities in diamonds and when we find them, we buy. For example: a question came up about how to search for square emeralds, and some sites let you search by ratio whereas other sites don’t have that option. It might be fun to make a list of what we like searching for and pass along tips of where to find it. Here’s my partial list:

(Most important to me is a grid view with photos of the actual diamonds!)

1. Low colors — Pricescope lets you search for D-Z in any shape. Brilliance lets you do a detailed search down to M and a general grouping search of N to R and S to Z. Leibish lets you search to M. James Allen lets you search for M in rounds.

2. Very strong fluorescence — Rare Carat, Pricescope. Brilliance will return SBF searches in the search bar but you have to click on links and SBF is not an option in the search criteria checkboxes/sliders.

3. Included — Pricescope to I2. Leibish, Brilliance, and James Allen go to I1. Brilliance has I1-I3 listed in their colored diamond results but no way to search colored diamonds by clarity. Leibish lets you search colored diamonds to I1.

4. Dimensions — Ritani lets you search crown angles and the range is 30-90.

5. Color undertones — Leibish lets you search for undertones and the search result list includes the information in the description. Many sites have fancy colored diamonds and you can search by color but you cannot search by undertone. Sometimes the search results do not include the undertones in the description of the diamond until you click on a link or view the certificate. Very frustrating especially for greys that might be interesting like blue-grey.

6. Cut - Stonealgo goes to poor. Many sites go to good.

Anybody else have tips on search criteria?

Some place used to let you search for culet but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what site that is?

Some place used to let you search for culet but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what site that is?

Blue Nile used to.

ETA: there was also another site that used to let you search for crown angle, but only up to 40. I wonder if some sites are trying to dissuade people from searching for old cuts?)

Many sites have separate categories for asschers and emeralds, but the listings don’t appear in the proper category sometimes. Check both and narrow your search by ratio if available.

I don’t usually browse on Whiteflash but checked and they have search options for I3, fair cut, and low color.

Ritani used to let you search culet, but not sure if it does anymore. rare carat let you specify crown/pav angles too

My favorite combo is high color (D-F) I1 with VSB fluorescence. Most of the searches don't go further down than SI2 and SBF.

Lower clarity diamonds that are eye clean. I know one vendor used to have an option for that but I can’t remember who and I think they might have closed down.

But being able to find eye clean SI2s/ I1s or low clarity diamonds where the inclusion can be easily hidden with a prong would be a great feature.

I was wondering the same thing, since I used to use that to try to find "hidden" old cuts. Bu the option seems to be gone from the places I generally search.

Many sites have separate categories for asschers and emeralds, but the listings don’t appear in the proper category sometimes. Check both and narrow your search by ratio if available.

Ratio search — Rarecarat, Stonealgo, Ritani, Whiteflash, Frank Darling.

Low colors — Add Frank Darling (down to M) and Ritani (down to L).

Very strong fluorescence — Add Frank Darling, Ritani, and Adiamor.

Crown angle — Ritani 30-60, Frank Darling but only up to 40.

Culet — Ritani

I'd love to search on crown and pavilion angles, but most sites don't offer that parameter.

Some of us are looking for certain qualities in diamonds and when we find them, we buy. For example: a question came up about how to search for square emeralds, and some sites let you search by ratio whereas other sites don’t have that option. It might be fun to make a list of what we like searching for and pass along tips of where to find it. Here’s my partial list:

(Most important to me is a grid view with photos of the actual diamonds!)

1. Low colors — Pricescope lets you search for D-Z in any shape. Brilliance lets you do a detailed search down to M and a general grouping search of N to R and S to Z. Leibish lets you search to M. James Allen lets you search for M in rounds.

2. Very strong fluorescence — Rare Carat, Pricescope. Brilliance will return SBF searches in the search bar but you have to click on links and SBF is not an option in the search criteria checkboxes/sliders.

3. Included — Pricescope to I2. Leibish, Brilliance, and James Allen go to I1. Brilliance has I1-I3 listed in their colored diamond results but no way to search colored diamonds by clarity. Leibish lets you search colored diamonds to I1.

4. Dimensions — Ritani lets you search crown angles and the range is 30-90.

5. Color undertones — Leibish lets you search for undertones and the search result list includes the information in the description. Many sites have fancy colored diamonds and you can search by color but you cannot search by undertone. Sometimes the search results do not include the undertones in the description of the diamond until you click on a link or view the certificate. Very frustrating especially for greys that might be interesting like blue-grey.

6. Cut - Stonealgo goes to poor. Many sites go to good.

Anybody else have tips on search criteria?
Hey, you should check out this new site, www.yourdiamondguys.com. It’s got this cool AI that scans for inclusions and weeds out the bad ones, so you only see the best diamonds with nice imperfections. Plus, there’s tons of info on there to help you out. It only pics the best cuts!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP