shape
carat
color
clarity

What cut is this?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to figure out the cut in this earring? I am thinking French cut but not sure.

3666F45C-B63C-4D28-904E-FE13A3074873.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's almost like a weird french/carre cut hybrid?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's almost like a weird french/carre cut hybrid?

Remember how I told you I find the only one of something in the world? LOL!

What do you think about it? I’m trying to figure out if this is good weird or bad weird.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember how I told you I find the only one of something in the world? LOL!

What do you think about it? I’m trying to figure out if this is good weird or bad weird.

I think it's weird in a good and cool way, but would want to see pics that are further away to better understand how it looks IRL

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Not a French cut, I‘d say. Weird but cool!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m kind of tempted to buy it and see it in person, I have it on hold until tomorrow. Just no idea what I would do with it. The measurements are 4.1mm x 3.8mm.

Thanks @whitewave @Roselina and @lovedogs for your thoughts!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you have a side view?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay guys, I have to come clean because this is actually in a ring. I posted it was an earring before I put it on hold so if someone went looking they wouldn’t find it!

If I bought it then it would pretty much be for the diamond and I would probably scrap the setting:

45837F55-4498-4BE6-9CCA-93525B8E8135.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay guys, I have to come clean because this is actually in a ring. I posted it was an earring before I put it on hold so if someone went looking they wouldn’t find it!

If I bought it then it would pretty much be for the diamond and I would probably scrap the setting:

45837F55-4498-4BE6-9CCA-93525B8E8135.jpeg

I have this one on my "watchlist" because I thought the diamond was super cool and unique also! I think it's lovely and if you like the stone I would totally go for it. The price is really reasonable for the stone + gold setting + band.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this one on my "watchlist" because I thought the diamond was super cool and unique also! I think it's lovely and if you like the stone I would totally go for it. The price is really reasonable for the stone + gold setting + band.

OMG that is too funny, ah so you knew it wasn’t an earring! I really hate that we have to worry so much about people reverse searching and finding things we ask about.

If I bought this it would only really be for the diamond, I would scrap the setting and band and have this set into something else.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that is too funny, ah so you knew it wasn’t an earring! I really hate that we have to worry so much about people reverse searching and finding things we ask about.

If I bought this it would only really be for the diamond, I would scrap the setting and band and have this set into something else.

I actually didnt recognize it from so close up! Didnt realize it was the same one until the last pic haha

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is interesting with the higher crown, and kozibe I think face up? and those center facets the way they are....
Glad you got it so we can find out when you do!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is interesting with the higher crown, and kozibe I think face up? and those center facets the way they are....
Glad you got it so we can find out when you do!

Yes I noticed that kozibe too! I haven’t bought it, it’s on hold for me until tomorrow but I’m thinking of getting it.

Any suggestions on how to set it? It is a rather small stone and my fingers are a size 8!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll be honest and my first impression of it was a newly cut stimulant. but most like that in a search aren’t really cut like this either?
so fingers crossed for you It’s natural. I see it’s allure.

im pining for something in this family
0F37027E-393F-4F04-AC24-1CF43F31B434.jpeg
so that’s where my first thought goes. With less stones and probably engraving in their place.
so I gravitate more towards band vs solitaire

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Rfisher for your suggestions, the seller does have excellent feedback and a return policy but I always have my jeweler check out purchases to be safe. Love that emerald ring!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscher with a slightly elongated keel, some oddness with the windmills and a P3 issue?
I don't think it's a Peruzzi or French cut - the table doesn't look right?
Tagging @Karl_K as the master of the asscher for his input.

Interested to see what it's like in person and closer up if you do get it @YadaYadaYada!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Wonky but appealing, like it had a difficult birth. I would wear and enjoy that. What about French cuts on either side for a 3-stone?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a bad asscher. It has poor symmetry and bad light leakage in the middle— basically a giant window there.

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonky but appealing, like it had a difficult birth. I would wear and enjoy that. What about French cuts on either side for a 3-stone?

Difficult birth - lol

Just for poops and giggles
68F38A19-68CF-4A03-97DF-77C024BC0B94.jpeg
I think I’d be ok with the facet pairing between this mystery stone and FC’s spaced out in a band like pictured earlier. Not convinced
I, personally, would enjoy as a three stone as these are smaller than my yellow three stone and not too fond of that on my sausage fingers too much.
But I’m not the one investing in the project!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou, when I saw it I was like huh, what is this thing lol!
Thanks for the input

@foxinsox, whenever I come across something like this I ask because that’s the only way to learn you know?

thanks @Karl_K for your expertise, I honestly didn’t think this was an asscher otherwise I would have asked you!

@La2020 and @Ibrakeforpossums, like you guys I am rather intrigued by this but @whitewave is waving the crappy asscher flag so that gives me serious pause. I’m okay with a hybrid, something interesting but a crappy example of a cut, not so much.

@Rfisher thanks for doing that photoshop for me...I wonder if the center is just going to reflect my dark hair anytime I look at it. Granted it is a small stone but to see a black center would be off putting.

Still thinking about it....DH is not a fan “you hate custom projects” “you have nearly thirty rings and you wear the same two all the time”. He isn’t wrong!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put it this way: there will always be plenty of poorly cut asschers with dead centers for you to choose from.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You willing to let us know ballpark price it’s going for?
Do antique asschers have bruted girdles?

@whitewave
Not disputing you on the poorly cut at all - but I haven’t really looked at asschers much and I’m sure you have
Have you seen kozibe much in them?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results