shape
carat
color
clarity

What could be better than a Crafted by Infinity diamond?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Three Crafted by Infinity diamonds! :love: :love: :love:

.767 G VS2
.36 H VS1
.36 G VS2

These are destined for a five-stone ring for me, in celebration of an upcoming "milestone birthday." I’m working with Wink and Melissa from High Performance Diamonds (HPD) on this project. Wink and Melissa called in the last two stones for the 5-stone (two .36 carat, H VS2 CBI stones), and I'm patiently -- haha -- waiting to receive them so we can get started on the setting design. I haven’t decided on a setting style yet (suggestions welcome), but I'm leaning toward something similar to eXistenia’s (in platinum, not rose gold) https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pretty-in-pink-bgd-5-stone-u-prong.140376/.

I am so very happy to be working with Wink and Melissa again, and to be back in the Crafted by Infinity (CBI) family!

Wink sent me videos for each of the stones, which was helpful.

http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/xf2bbxvibw?tag=6478 (.76 carat, G VS2)
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/d6g88zr1xn?tag=6478 (.36 carat, G VS2)
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/6tssidm4hs?tag=6478 (.36 carat, H VS1)

But what really sold me on these three stones is when Wink set up a video conference with me so that I could see all three stones together "live" on camera. These stones are very similar in proportions (table size, depth, crown height, lower halves, etc.), but what is really amazing is that the three stones are nearly identical in patterning and scintillation. That "identicalness" showed up on the video, and it is visible in person.

John Pollard was kind enough to send me the IS, ASET, Stars, and still photos of the stones, which I'll post later. First, some photos that I took. Alas, it's been several years since I've photographed diamonds, so my photo skills are a little rusty.

cimg4565__1_.jpg

cimg4569.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Many say that precision cutting doesn't matter in stones smaller than a half-carat or so.
To that I say, nonsense! Check out the fire shooting out of this .36 CBI diamond:

cimg4518.jpg

cimg4527.jpg

cimg4553.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be gorgeous Lula.

Marcy

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Marcy! I'm very excited.

I'll post more photos and stats when I receive the second set of .36 carat stones.

Good night all.

Q

Queenie60

Can't wait!! Please post photos when it's done! It's going to be beautiful

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful!.. :love: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That will be a stunning ring! Can't wait to see it!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be awesome! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to a beautiful ring :love: CBI diamonds are top notch!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, a graduated 5 stone ideal cut (and CBI!!!) diamond band! That is one of my holy grails. Looking forward to seeing the piece!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Queenie60, PintoBean, bright ice, part gypsy, MissGotRocks, and DancingFire!

I feel lucky to have found four smaller CBIs that are nearly identical in proportion to the .767 CBI center stone. Paul (CBI's managing director) does not cut many stones in smaller sizes. I told Wink that I think of these four smaller CBI stones as my "identical quadruplets."

I'm undecided on a setting, so I'll post another thread asking for some suggestions and advice on settings. This is a graduated five stone, but with a twist: Similar to eXistentia's ring, the four stones flanking the larger center diamond are nearly identical in diameter (.36, .37, .767, .36, .36). This gives me the finger coverage I want (size 7.5 finger) along with a bolder, less dainty look. I cannot do dainty.

Here are the videos from Wink of the .37 H VS2 and the .36 H VS2.
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/2vggwenawd?tag=6478 (.37 H VS2)
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/wr24sz4aml?tag=6478 (.36 H VS2)

A side note: H VS2 is the lowest color and clarity I'm comfortable with. I was a little nervous about the "H" color, but when I saw the two smaller diamonds in person, I was relieved to see I could not see any color difference between the H and the G.

I know I'm preaching to the CBI choir here. But to any newbies wondering if buying branded cuts is worth the extra cost, I say without a doubt, yes, it is. Wink explained to me that Paul's quality control is very strict, and that all diamonds CBI cuts must meet his standards to be sold under the CBI brand. This is why I -- and many others -- pay extra for branded cuts. I know that Paul's eyes, and Lieve's eyes, and John Pollard's eyes, and Wink's eyes have all examined the diamonds I bought, and that the diamonds included in the CBI brand have met their standards. How can I go wrong with all that expertise behind me? :bigsmile:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.. those are beautiful.. I can't wait to see the final ring... happy birthday and what a perfect present!

:dance: :dance: :love:

Lula|1470882893|4064600 said:
Thank you, Queenie60, PintoBean, bright ice, part gypsy, MissGotRocks, and DancingFire!

I feel lucky to have found four smaller CBIs that are nearly identical in proportion to the .767 CBI center stone. Paul (CBI's managing director) does not cut many stones in smaller sizes. I told Wink that I think of these four smaller CBI stones as my "identical quadruplets."

I'm undecided on a setting, so I'll post another thread asking for some suggestions and advice on settings. This is a graduated five stone, but with a twist: Similar to eXistentia's ring, the four stones flanking the larger center diamond are nearly identical in diameter (.36, .37, .767, .36, .36). This gives me the finger coverage I want (size 7.5 finger) along with a bolder, less dainty look. I cannot do dainty.

Here are the videos from Wink of the .37 H VS2 and the .36 H VS2.
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/2vggwenawd?tag=6478 (.37 H VS2)
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/wr24sz4aml?tag=6478 (.36 H VS2)

A side note: H VS2 is the lowest color and clarity I'm comfortable with. I was a little nervous about the "H" color, but when I saw the two smaller diamonds in person, I was relieved to see I could not see any color difference between the H and the G.

I know I'm preaching to the CBI choir here. But to any newbies wondering if buying branded cuts is worth the extra cost, I say without a doubt, yes, it is. Wink explained to me that Paul's quality control is very strict, and that all diamonds CBI cuts must meet his standards to be sold under the CBI brand. This is why I -- and many others -- pay extra for branded cuts. I know that Paul's eyes, and Lieve's eyes, and John Pollard's eyes, and Wink's eyes have all examined the diamonds I bought, and that the diamonds included in the CBI brand have met their standards. How can I go wrong with all that expertise behind me? :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be a fabulous ring, Lula!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lula, that's going to be incredible.

CBIs are astonishingly well-cut diamonds!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Beautiful diamonds! Can't wait to see what design you have in mind. I have my own 5-stone project that I am pretty well set on design-wise, and with similar size diamonds (but OECs), so I can't wait to see what you come up with! :dance:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Tekate, diamondseeker2006, kenny and JoCoJenn -- it's so nice to be back in the company of some of my favorite cut-nuts.

JoCoJenn -- good luck on your five-stone; I'll look for your updates on your project.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results