shape
carat
color
clarity

What cookware do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 7:54:07 AM
Author: sap483
I have had All-Clad stainless cookware for about a year now (and one all-clad non-stick frying pan), and so far I think they have been worth every penny. It took some while to getting used to having nice cookware that heats up quickly and gets reallly hot- I had to learn to use lower temps and how to ''seal'' the pans with a little bit of oil to prevent sticking, but now it''s like second nature. My only complaint is that I really don''t like the handles, they are uncomfortable for me.

I also have a couple of Calphalon non-stick frying pans that I have had for about 3 years now. I''ve noticed lately that the non-stick finish is not as good as it used to be even though we''ve only handwashed it and have never used abrasives on it. I''m surprised, because I expected it to hold up longer. The handles on these pans however are significantly better than the All-Clad (comfort-wise).

Have you also looked into Emerilware? I believe reading somewhere that it is also made by All-Clad.
I have the 5 piece Calphalon non-stick set w/lids, plus 3 frying pans I picked up along the way, and I''ve noticed this too. I bought my set right when we bought our new house, 6 years ago, and they are really in bad shape. For the money paid, I am really disappointed. I took care of them too. I should contact them and see if there is a lifetime warrenty.

I also have the Le Creuset dutch oven. When I got it for my 40th birthday I actually cried!!! I am such a goober!! I LOVE my kitchen stuff! That reminds me I have a Williams Sonoma card that my sister re-gited me....must use it for more Le Creuset stuff!!!!

Someone told me not to ever use PAM on any non-stick pans as it till ruin the non-stick finsih. Any one else heard of this? I''m not sure I buy it....

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 7:54:07 AM
Author: sap483
I have had All-Clad stainless cookware for about a year now (and one all-clad non-stick frying pan), and so far I think they have been worth every penny. It took some while to getting used to having nice cookware that heats up quickly and gets reallly hot- I had to learn to use lower temps and how to ''seal'' the pans with a little bit of oil to prevent sticking, but now it''s like second nature. My only complaint is that I really don''t like the handles, they are uncomfortable for me.

I also have a couple of Calphalon non-stick frying pans that I have had for about 3 years now. I''ve noticed lately that the non-stick finish is not as good as it used to be even though we''ve only handwashed it and have never used abrasives on it. I''m surprised, because I expected it to hold up longer. The handles on these pans however are significantly better than the All-Clad (comfort-wise).

Have you also looked into Emerilware? I believe reading somewhere that it is also made by All-Clad.

I have Emerilweare (I didn''t realize they were AC??) and they''re OK. Just your standard stainless pots.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
We have a 10 piece stainless all-clad set, an all-clad large cast iron round oven and a le crueset cast iron skillet (both oven proof). My husband loves cooking with the cast iron and babying it. He loves to season it!

I find the cast iron frustrating since my husband is SO into having it well taken care of. I use the stainless more often, and I honestly bake food a lot. I also tend to use our HUGE electric skillet and our george foreman!

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
new pot and pan members join the new home, yeah!
30.gif

Shopped some cookware from the long weekend trip in NYC.

-SK

new_cookware8.jpg

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
As a former specialty-kitchen store employee (worked there for about three years), my favorite two brands are All-Clad and Chantal. Chantal is more difficult to find, but I absolutely LOVE it. When I have a choice, I choose it over my All-Clad. Having worked in the kitchen store, I have a mish-mash of cookware pieces. LOL Now, don't get me wrong, I love my All-Clad as well, but I'm not a non-stick pan user and Chantal gives all the benefits of non-stick without that icky (IMO) coating. Chantal cleans up so nicely. I really do love it. That said, it heats up super fast, so it takes a little getting used to so you don't burn your food. Each piece comes with very clear instructions on this, but I know people often don't take it seriously and end up ruining their food. My personal preference is for the Enamel-On-Steel line. It's the one that gives you the natural non-stick. The stainless line wouldn't have that benefit (I never tried it, either). The Copper-Core Fusion is nice, too, but it's too heavy for me to use comfortably.

Oh, and, yes, do try Barkeeper's Friend. It works like a dream and it's easy to find. Bed, Bath and Beyond even has it.

EDIT: Personally, I'd never put my cookware in the dishwasher. But, you should find that the high-quality stuff is super easy to clean. I haven't had an issue at all. But, I do keep my Barkeeper's Friend handy, just in case!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results