shape
carat
color
clarity

What compliment about your ring made you the most happy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I saw my grandmother over the weekend for an early Thanksgiving dinner. I was sitting across the room from her playing with my nephew and she said "Kimi-girl, you have the most beautiful diamond I have ever seen!" and then went on to warn me about jewelers switching out diamonds, which was funny. It''s the nicest thing anyone has ever said about my ring and it just made me so happy. Probably, in part, because she has diamonds coming out the wazoo.

So what was the nicest thing anyone ever said to you about your ring?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The comments I get that makes me most happy are from my FI. He loves to take my hand and look at it, then tell me it''s nearly as beautiful as me...
emembarrassed.gif

I also loved it when my grandmother (who also loves diamonds) told me my ring was the most beautiful she''d ever seen and that diamonds "never lose their sparkle". It made me smile.
9.gif

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 8:33:53 PM
Author: anchor31
The comments I get that makes me most happy are from my FI. He loves to take my hand and look at it, then tell me it''s nearly as beautiful as me...
emembarrassed.gif

I also loved it when my grandmother (who also loves diamonds) told me my ring was the most beautiful she''d ever seen and that diamonds ''never lose their sparkle''. It made me smile.
9.gif
I''m stealing that line!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love when someone, especially someone who never really loved emerald cuts, tells me that my ring is the most gorgeous they have ever seen...since it is large I would not want someone to think it is fake or gaudy...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 9:04:01 PM
Author: diamondfan
I love when someone, especially someone who never really loved emerald cuts, tells me that my ring is the most gorgeous they have ever seen...since it is large I would not want someone to think it is fake or gaudy...
I love EC''s and trust me it''s the most beautiful EC I have ever seen!! And DF let''s me try it on too, now that''s fun!!!!
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 9:21:19 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 11/21/2006 9:04:01 PM
Author: diamondfan
I love EC''s and trust me it''s the most beautiful EC I have ever seen!! And DF let''s me try it on too, now that''s fun!!!!
36.gif

Now that is fun!

My grandmother has a ring on every finger and bracelets stacked upon bracelets. They are all either made of turquise or diamondsand white gold or platinum (she is one of the few women I know of her generation, she''s 86, who has always loved and owwned white metals). When we were kids we used to play "who gets what when Gram dies?" which is kind of sick but a fun game and she thought it was funny. Anyways, we would always wear her jewelry around when we visited her, so it''s fun to have a piece that she thinks is prettier than all of her own!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I have a grandmother story as well...

When I went to see her last Thanksgiving, she saw a freind of her at the grocery store and told the woman, that I was her gandaughter and that she should see my ring, she said that it spoke my personality, unique, outspoken, different and never someone to follow a crowd and be boring and "everyday" Then she added.."she is just like me" That is wonderful, I would give anything to be just like her!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone at a bar said that my ring was "so shiny I had to come and look at it." Apparently, it caught her from all the way across the room!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Once I had my radiant re-set, my friend commented that my ring looked like "2 carats!" lol- it''s a little under a carat.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nanny saw my upgrade, ( remember it''s the same ring only a bigger version ) she said is that a new ring?? I said no, ( god will get me for this sooner or later ) and she said, well you must have given that diamond some vitamins cause it''s a lot bigger than the last one!!! HA!! What a riot. She then quipped my eye''s aren''t as bad as you think my dear. What a pistol!!!
3.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I went to get a massage a couple of weeks ago and the massage lady asked where my ring was. I wasn''t sure which ring so I asked her. She said my E-ring. She said she loved my ring and that everyone in the salon knows about it. I hadn''t seen this woman in a year. I couldn''t believe she remembered it.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one that sticks out most clearly in my mind is when I went to get my passport picture taken at Oakland City Hall and the lady working there grabbed my hand and called her coworker over to see it. The coworker kind of looked very cold and dismissive and only glanced at it with a passing look at me (I could tell she was sizing me up), but the first lady was full of "oohs" and "aaahs" and even said, "Honey your man must LOVE you!" She must''ve spent a good 5 minutes turning my hand this way and that, looking at my ring from every angle...and she never touched the table even once!
36.gif
It was really nice to see another woman enjoying my ring as much as I do!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
What fun stories, ladies! Keep ''em coming...

bae7

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 9:36:46 PM
Author: MINE!!
I have a grandmother story as well...

When I went to see her last Thanksgiving, she saw a freind of her at the grocery store and told the woman, that I was her gandaughter and that she should see my ring, she said that it spoke my personality, unique, outspoken, different and never someone to follow a crowd and be boring and ''everyday'' Then she added..''she is just like me'' That is wonderful, I would give anything to be just like her!!!
I loved your story. Your grandmother sounds really special.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
My dad has got to be my e-ring''s greatest fan! He loves that we researched it and bought it on the net after finding the best price for what I wanted. So when we go into jewelry stores, he has to tell people that while they DO have very nice things, "My daughter''s cut-cornered rectangular modified brilliant (yeah, he does say that) is my favorite in the world." Then he says, "She bought it online, too!" Which sounds so bad, like I found it on some crappy website.
1.gif
He loves to look at it, and brags to all his friends about how great it was and how proud of me he was.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t know if any one particular one stands out as better than the others, but i love when people randomly just burst out and exclaim about my ring. i think the best one i have heard was just random like when i am stretching during my kbox class and a gal said ''WOW you have the most beautiful rings i have ever seen!''....who knows if they say that to everyone but it''s kinda fun to hear it. i usually blush and say thanks.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
I have been suffering with DSS with my .50ct AGSO RB until one guy I work with who was getting married asked to see my ring and said, "NICE! What does your husband do?" I thought he was being sarcastic, so I said, "I wish it was bigger." Then he said, "What for? Aren''t you happy with that?" Maybe he''s just a guy who doesn''t know anything about diamonds, but that definitely made me feel better!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, this wasn''t a spoken one... I was shopping in a deparment store recently- right after I went out and had my hair cut (and I mean cut, like, where''d the hair go? About an inch all over, trying to get rid of the end of a period of highlights and body perm...) and I was feeling a *little* self conscious that I had it cut too short... Well, this couple walks toward me, and I could see out of the corner of my eye that they were snickering (ok, I had gel in my hair and it was kinda spikey and I think I must have looked like all I needed was a spiked dog collar on...heaven help me). I slowly, (think Clint Eastwood style) put my left hand up to my mouth in a lost in my thoughts look) and the woman gasped and they both whispered ooooo (it may have been sarcastic, or genuine, I couldn''t really tell) (heck, I was paranoid), but it made me feel goooooooood. I thought that counted as a compliment.
31.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About my oval:
A man in a bar said to me "That rock''s lighting up this room."
A man approached me in a jewelry store and said that his fiancee'' wanted to see my ring. I held up my hand, and he said that she wanted to try it on. When I told him no, he called the store manager over and complained about me - he thought I worked in the store and wasn''t letting his fiancee'' try on the merchandise.
About my fancy yellow:
Someone walked over to me from the other end of a bar and said that she had been admiring my ring and wanted to see it up close.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 10:26:25 PM
Author: KristyDarling
She must've spent a good 5 minutes turning my hand this way and that, looking at my ring from every angle...and she never touched the table even once!
36.gif
It was really nice to see another woman enjoying my ring as much as I do!
My FMIL's cousin was in town for a visit and did the very same thing... carefully turned my hand to every possible angle to admire for a solid 5 minutes... then later into dinner said, "you don't mind if I look at it again, do you..." and picked right up where she'd left off! It was such genuine appreciation... I loved it.
1.gif

But I think my favorite (semi-backwards) compliments are when I hear something along the lines of "no matter how many times I clean my ring, it never looks as sparkly as yours"... then I feel instantly gratified for the amount of time we spent researching/searching!!
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''ve loved all of them but the one that really caught me off guard was when my HR director called me into her office. I was really freaked out! She said "During the staff meeting this morning I looked over at you and was BLINDED! Let me see your ring! WOW!!! That''s a knockout!!!" My heart, which had been very nervous, soared! I told my boss about it and she went through the same surge of emotions I did! It was really funny!

When my dad saw it for the first time he said "I''ve never seen any ring that sparkled that much... it''s just, wow..." said with the tone that I better appreciate it! I assured him I loved it!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have a ring yet (still a LIW
8.gif
) but I can share my mother''s story....

When my parents decided to get married they still lived in Korea and they were both very, very poor. My father was in the military when they decided to get married (Korea has mandatory military service) and he saved up the meager allowance that his mother sent him for two whole years so that he could get her a plain gold ring with a red opal center as a wedding present.

My mother couldn''t afford a wedding ring for my father. However, it is a tradition in Korea to give babies who are 100 days old (they celebrate this day very elaborately, even more so than any other brithdays in a child''s life) gold bracelets as gifts. I received 3 such bracelets at my 100th day celebration. My parents decided to have this gold melted down to make a ring for my father.

Fast forward many years. Our family had immigrated to the US, and my mother and father still wore their rings every single day. However, one day, my mother discovered that the red opal in her ring had fallen out. Naturally, she was devastated.

My father started saving up and eventually surprised her by taking her to a jewerly store. There, he bought her a beautiful diamond ring. I know - what an upgrade!

My parents used to run a dry-cleaners in a very wealthy neighborhood. And I know that it always made my mother beam whenever one of the customers, who are usually dripping in jewelry, would stop to compliment her on her ring - it was at these moments when my mother, who speaks poor English, who is in a profession most people would look down on, felt herself rise to the same status as these women.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to add....my father still wears his ring every day. He refuses to upgrade, even though my mother has insisted on it several times. I think one time he tried to take it off and it wouldn''t budge! A jeweler told him that if he ever wants to take it off, he would need to have it professionally removed. I still like to look at his ring and smile inside, because I know that it was a gift that I was able to give him even when I was still a baby.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 12:51:37 PM
Author: JenStone
I don''t have a ring yet (still a LIW
8.gif
) but I can share my mother''s story....

When my parents decided to get married they still lived in Korea and they were both very, very poor. My father was in the military when they decided to get married (Korea has mandatory military service) and he saved up the meager allowance that his mother sent him for two whole years so that he could get her a plain gold ring with a red opal center as a wedding present.

My mother couldn''t afford a wedding ring for my father. However, it is a tradition in Korea to give babies who are 100 days old (they celebrate this day very elaborately, even more so than any other brithdays in a child''s life) gold bracelets as gifts. I received 3 such bracelets at my 100th day celebration. My parents decided to have this gold melted down to make a ring for my father.

Fast forward many years. Our family had immigrated to the US, and my mother and father still wore their rings every single day. However, one day, my mother discovered that the red opal in her ring had fallen out. Naturally, she was devastated.

My father started saving up and eventually surprised her by taking her to a jewerly store. There, he bought her a beautiful diamond ring. I know - what an upgrade!

My parents used to run a dry-cleaners in a very wealthy neighborhood. And I know that it always made my mother beam whenever one of the customers, who are usually dripping in jewelry, would stop to compliment her on her ring - it was at these moments when my mother, who speaks poor English, who is in a profession most people would look down on, felt herself rise to the same status as these women.
What a touching story, Jen, thank you so much for sharing. Your parents sound like wonderful people.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 3:20:23 PM
Author: KimberlyH

What a touching story, Jen, thank you so much for sharing. Your parents sound like wonderful people.
I agree.

And my parents owned a dry cleaning business too, that is nothing to be ashamed of.
2.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
At parent teacher conferences last month this one grandmother was talking about her granddaughter when she stopped in midsentence and said, "Ooooh, I love your rings!" Then she told me how her dream is to get an updated set this Christmas. We never did talk about her granddaughter again.

I''ve gotten compliments from cashiers and people I''ve just met too. I think my setting is somewhat unusual for around here (just a vatche x prong, but most people just have plain tiffanyesque solitaires) and that my ring catches people''s eyes because I keep it so sparkly (it''s an heirloom so it''s not an H&A or anything).

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I love every compliment I get about my rings, but my favorite is when someone says, "That is the most beautiful diamond I have ever seen!"
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2006 11:54:40 AM
Author: Lynn B
I love every compliment I get about my rings, but my favorite is when someone says, ''That is the most beautiful diamond I have ever seen!''
30.gif
HI:

Agreed. Everytime you hear it, it is like hearing it for the first time.

cheers--Sharon

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Compliments I get are about how shiny my diamond is & that it looks bigger than 1ct. I always credit Pricescope members & Whiteflash
36.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
I always get compliments from my friends as I''m the only one engaged.. I love it when I''m just talking and moving my hands and they grab my hand to stop and look at my ring and say something about how it shines or how beautiful it is...

41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results