shape
carat
color
clarity

What compliment about your ring made you the most happy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
While I love it when people say how sparkly my diamond is... that''s not my favorite compliment!

My favorite is when someone, usually a family member, grabs my hand, inspects the ring, and pronounces ''He did good!''. Happened alot at my fsil''s wedding this fall!
9.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m a musician/conductor and I had a lady say she saw my ring sparkling from the audience!
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The FI and I went to the mall yesterday and I decided to have my ring cleaned. The lady from the store just gushed over my ring! She looked at it for over a minute and must have said at least three times how it was such a sparkly, high-quality diamond. She was really impressed, and J looked as proud as a peacock. It was pretty funny. I can't wait to have my US cleaner, it sparkles even more now!

ETA: Jelly - It's pretty cool!
10.gif
I play music as an amateur (trumpet). What do you play?

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
I thought it was nice when my wife and I went to the mall to look at settings to get an idea for what she liked. We bought online, but it is nice to try things on.. Two of them asked the size of her stone and guessed it was a full carat. It is a .86 and came from James Allen. My wife just looked them in the eyes and said "yes it is"...lol

That felt good.
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 3:39:11 PM
Author: anchor31
The FI and I went to the mall yesterday and I decided to have my ring cleaned. The lady from the store just gushed over my ring! She looked at it for over a minute and must have said at least three times how it was such a sparkly, high-quality diamond. She was really impressed, and J looked as proud as a peacock. It was pretty funny. I can''t wait to have my US cleaner, it sparkles even more now!

ETA: Jelly - It''s pretty cool!
10.gif
I play music as an amateur (trumpet). What do you play?
Hi Anchor and other fellow musicians out there! I play the clarinet but I''m doing my master''s degree in conducting right now. For my day job I''m a music teacher.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I was at the Secretary of State changing my driver''s license to my newly married name, and the lady at the desk was like "WOW, someone loves you a lot HUH???!!!" I blushed about a shade brighter than bright red, and then smiled and said yes, thanks. At that time, she called over the lady working next to her and they both asked me to hold out my hand and gushed.
5.gif

kaya

Rough_Rock
When I was first dating my husband and we knew we wanted to get married, we walked into a Tiffanys store beside the hotel we were staying at in Seattle. It was the first time I''ve ever looked at jewelry or diamonds and for him as well. When we got the blue book and looked at the prices I was sort of like okay and unsure and shocked at the prices and when we walked out my husband said " well honey those rings are the price of some cars and about what I paid for my boat". And I replied yeah I know.

Fast forward to the diamond buying, I was directed here by my friend who works for a diamond mining company. And I chose my diamond (GOG) and setting (Michael B) and well my husband took over from there.

My husband always compliments me about how sparkly my ring set is, and he always says that it was worth spending all that money on it because I know you love it. And he is happy with the purchase. My husbands comments about it''s sparklyness or telling stories to our friends about buying it are the best compliment because it was purchased with love and he is still happy.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
I had compliments that made me happy, but only a few that really stand out. One would be during my wedding when this older lady relative of mine asked me to come over to the table to see my ring. She took my hand and look at my diamond and nodded her head saying that this is a very good diamond.. I was so embrassed because she said it infront of everyone at the table but I was so happy at the same time..

Another time was when I first got my ering, my grandma took my hand and she look at my ring. Than gave my husband and I a thumbs up saying that my husband has done a good job.. I can''t say how happy it made me because my grandma has a good collection of diamonds and she know if a diamond is really good or not.

And a recent one happaned a few days ago when I out shopping and this lady came up to me when she saw my blue sapphire ring and called her husband over.. Telling him that I am wearing a blue diamond band and how beautiful and lucky I must be to have one.. I was so surprised and embrassed at the same time, but I managed to say thank you and ran away..

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I''m always super happy when someone notices and compliments me on my ring, and especially so when I''m at a jewelry store and the sales people who offer to clean my ring loupe my stone and say "Wow, this is a really nice stone." Makes me feel good about the stone that I chose, especially since mine isn''t all that big.

I love it even more when I''m out sometimes and am talking and unconsciously waving my hand around, then notice that the person I''m talking to is trying to follow my hand with her eye. Then asks after I finish talking to see my ring.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so why do people say 'someone/he must really love you a lot!' when they look at people's rings?!! i get this sometimes too...and i'm always like umm okay...i guess it's supposed to be a compliment but it's such a material way of looking at love. i want to be like 'well i'm just a diamond whore and he is indulgent!'...hehe.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I sometimes say, "Yeah, but more like I''m a good negotiator"...it is a funny comment, and I have gotten it too...like the implication is the bigger the diamond the more he loves you which we all know is not true...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 12:59:50 AM
Author: Mara
okay so why do people say ''someone/he must really love you a lot!'' when they look at people''s rings?!! i get this sometimes too...and i''m always like umm okay...i guess it''s supposed to be a compliment but it''s such a material way of looking at love. i want to be like ''well i''m just a diamond whore and he is indulgent!''...hehe.
It is a very odd comment to make. It makes me think of my mom''s story about her wedding ring:

My dad proposed to her when she was 17, he was 21. She told him "I want a marquise stone with a thick band" so he got down on one knee with the total opposite; she got the marquise but the band is paper thin and the stone is not very pretty at all. They''ve been married for 31+ years and love each other more now than the day he gave her the wrong ring. She still wears it.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I was looking at handbags in the Coach store the other day, and the girl came over and told me that she remembered me from the last time I was there.....BY MY RINGS!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I remember one day, I was out and about during lunch with my co-worker. We went to a deli to grab something to eat and as I was waiting in line, a woman in front me kept telling me how gorgeous my ring was and what great taste my fiance had. I of course, said thank you and blushed.
5.gif
After leaving the deli, we headed to a card store and again, I was stopped by some woman who couldn''t stop complimenting me and telling me how beautiful my ring was. My co-worker, who was witness to both run-ins, just laughed and reminded me how lucky I was. I just thought it was ironic that it was 2 complete strangers, at 2 different places, complimenting me all within 10 min. of each other! It certainly made my day!
36.gif
9.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm. For me, best compliment was when one of my good friends told me that she thought my ering was the "most beautiful ering" she''d ever seen.

And when another friend of mine, who has a lovely scott K pear, said that although she''d never tell her hubby, she likes me ring better!

Hehee!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My favorite compliment was when my local jeweler told a friend of mine that my ring was one of the prettiest that they had ever sold! I actually get quite a few compliments on my ring since not many people have ideal cut diamonds around here.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My 1.25ct princess usually doesn''t get a lot of attention here in affluent So Cal, but I went on an incentive cruise with all the top-sales people and engineers from my husband''s company (they came from every state across the continental the US), a ton of his coworkers'' wives made comments about how big and "flawless" my ring was. It''s actually a E/VS2, and I keep it squeaky clean, so I think it looked "flawless" and huge to them. The attention was a little embarassing because most of their husbands had senority over mine. In fact, one of the regional manager''s wives, who is originally came from England complimented my ring almost everyday of that cruise, and kept bringing it to her hubby''s attention. Guess she''s ready for an upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results