color
clarity

what colour wedding band??

melave

Shiny_Rock
Hi all

Now the fun starts!! :) i am looking for a wedding band for myself
My e-ring is the one in this thread
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-to-you-all-i-have-my-dream-e-ring.162468/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-to-you-all-i-have-my-dream-e-ring.162468/[/URL]
Now the OH wants a titanium with meteorite in it, like the ones on Boone titanium. i think he has narrowed it down to this one

This is the one i am liking for myself. sorry for the small picture

soooo...... a few of questions from all you lovely ppl with excellent taste.

1. would it look strange that our rings won't match in any way shape or form? I am thinking no as he and i are so opposite in every way, but i also think it would be nice to have something matching on them

2. i was thinking of maybe getting it in white gold so it at least looks similar but then will it look strange with my mostly yg e-ring??

3. got a suggestion for a totally different ring for me? i am pretty open to most but the problem is i think i want quite a square band, which doesn't seem to be too popular and no bigger than 3mm i think. The e-ring is quite thick and i don't think my finger could hold much bigger. Plus i have to leave some room for an eternity :D

thanks in advance :)

meteoritewithtwincf.jpg

14zdn.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I don't think that there is anything at all wrong with having different wedding bands. In fact I think that it is being done more and more all the time. I think that skin tone plays a big role in what color gold you choose as well. I think that YG looks better on me but on my DH to be white gold is gorgeous. I'm going to be wearing a diamond eternity ring and he wants black ceramic, so ours will look nothing alike either. Personally I'm more concerned with what the ring represents then if they match or not, and honestly I can't think of the last time that I checked to see if my friends, or anyone for that matter, had rings that matched. ;-)

I think that your rings are going to be perfect together! :appl: Congrats!

melave

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Christina for the reply. And you are right. it doesn't have to match. i guess i am used to seeing matching over here.

I have chosen the band i have for meaning. it is going to have diamonds and blue topaz in it, his birthstone and mine. His ring?? He chose it because he wanted a manly ring. He wanted deer antler in it!!! But i don't think customs is going to allow that :)

Thanks for putting my mind at ease :)

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I think that band will be beautiful with your lovely E-ring and I love the sentiment of having the stones in it. It will be pretty in either white or YG...I love the idea of mixed metals and this site has some beautiful examples. I also think your future DH's ring is very unique and it sort of coordinates with your's in that it has the blue in it.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to echo the other's sentiments and say that it really doesn't matter if your bands match. I can't say I know anyone who has matching bands--it's a sweet sentiment to have them match, but you have already thought of something very sentimental, anyways. It seems that the trends in men's rings have moved towards more 'manly' designs: titanium, ceramic, carbide, and the inlays that you mentioned. It's nice that the men who don't care about jewelry as much have something to get excited about, but let's face it--very few of us ladies would want one of those rings! :wink2:

As far as your band goes, I think what you selected is very pretty and I love the thought of using your birthstones, but my only thought would be to actually try on the ring(or a similar one) to make sure you like the way it sits with your e-ring. Also, I love mixing metals, so I think wg would be very cool, but if you prefer yg, you should go for that!

melave

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies :)

I think you are right and i should probably wait and go into the next town and try some rings on. I guess i am just excited and want to add to the bling collection :)

Maybe i should go hunt for some earrings instead to keep me occupied until i can try on bands :)

mesmerized

Rough_Rock
I have wanted to surprise my husband with a new wedding ring and until I read your post I never thought to coordinate his ring with my new band. I want to get something that he will love, not something that will match mine. (Our original rings did not match either; we both just got what we loved.)

I agree with the others and think you should go ahead and get what you both like. After all you will be wearing them for a long time and you want to love the look. It’s what the bands represent that matters, and not the fact that they match. IMO only

I love the band you've chosen so far and I think it's important to get one you love.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results