shape
carat
color
clarity

What colour of gold to compliment pink sapphire?

AKS777

Rough_Rock
Hi! I've got a lovely pink sapphire, 1.3ct and I'd like to set it in a diamond halo ring. But I don't know what colour of gold to choose.
Can't decide between pink and white. I've tried to search for what type complements best a medium light pink sapphire, but I've found nothing.
Hope you guys could help. :) 20190328_203124.jpg 20190303_192631.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think yellow would be a good choice to be honest. The sapphire has what appears to be some orange in it, and I think yellow would bring out some of the pink. It would clash with rose, and white would bring out more of the orange.

AKS777

Rough_Rock
I think yellow would be a good choice to be honest. The sapphire has what appears to be some orange in it, and I think yellow would bring out some of the pink. It would clash with rose, and white would bring out more of the orange.
Ehh I don't like yellow gold.
Why does rose gold clash with pink stone?
I'm sorry if it's a dumb question

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a dumb question. There’s all different kinds of shades of pink. I own a ton of rose gold and I find it tends to clash with pinks that are medium in tone, such as yours, and have an orange secondary. A bubblegum pink would be prettier in rose gold, but put in on a shiny copper penny if you have one, and see for yourself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results