Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

what colour metal with lower colour stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Now I am all confused. I have just been reading the knowledge section of PS and it states that in the case of I, J or K coloured diamonds, they should be set in yellow gold as they will look yellower against platinum. Is this correct, really, I seem to remember a particularly beautiful J stone belonging to Mara in either white gold or platinum, it looks stunning. I don''t like YG and WG goes yellow on my quickly, HELP

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 J coloured stones (OEC and Jubilee) both set in PT; both look as white as can be. Not cool white, but warm white.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Several people here have J and K stones in platinum.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 12:37:01 PM
Author:Samantha Red
Now I am all confused. I have just been reading the knowledge section of PS and it states that in the case of I, J or K coloured diamonds, they should be set in yellow gold as they will look yellower against platinum. Is this correct, really, I seem to remember a particularly beautiful J stone belonging to Mara in either white gold or platinum, it looks stunning. I don''t like YG and WG goes yellow on my quickly, HELP
Hi Samantha,

I don''t think there''s a "should" here. I think it depends on what you like best.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.