shape
carat
color
clarity

What color stepcut stones for earrings to match.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
35.gif

I have an e color ec ring and am now contemplating of getting stepcut stones earrings. Since they would be worn apart, I am just wondering whether to go for e/f color or should I go lower but am not sure how low. Can any PSers share your experience or advice? Thank you.

Hi there-

Generally when we create stud earrings for a customer we allow up to one color difference. So an F would definitely be suitable to match an E color.

Our main goal with matching up step cuts is matching the shape of the diamond: You can only tell so much from the report because the angles of the cut corners can vary greatly.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Unless you are color sensitive you won''t notice the difference between an E diamond ring and H earrings, even in an EC IMO.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Shannon. Thats my headache so far. All I know is that, I do not want a rectangular ec for earrings 'cos they will spin around too much. So, I am considering asscher for earrings.

Purfect Pear, thats what I have also in mind - to go down to g or h, but I am not sure how much difference in color, I am able to see. Well, lets put it this way how much difference in color others will see (lol, I am not able to see them myself).

Another question: Would assscher/SE earrings match Ec shape ring?

ETA: I have a 1.30 ratio EC ring

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go down to H safely. I have an E step cut engagment ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results