shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few weeks ago I decided to paint my toenails again, after more than a year with no nail color whatsoever. I started with a ridge filler base coat by American Classics, then used a new (to me) reddish-pink shade by OPI, and topped it with "Diamond Dry" top coat by "be natural by ProLinc."

I have to thank whoever it was that recommended the "Diamond Dry" top coat! That stuff is pure magic! My pedicure lasted at least two weeks with just a bit of peeling on one toenail - which is pretty amazing considering how thickly I'd applied the polish and... well, toes in sandals, and a few long hot soaks in the tub. If it weren't for the fact that I needed to trim my nails, I'm sure I could have gone at least another week with that pedicure.

Looking forward to playing with my nail colors again!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
6ED3F7C3-7133-4EEF-915D-71CB286028A1.jpeg
Just one coat of Zoya Bela today... and pardon the sunscreen smidginess! The nailtiques actually keeps them quite shiny!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cockatiel don't know of a way to fill in the gap so I just live with it. Here's my mani on day 7 showing some growth but I'm not ready to take it off as it hasn't chipped yet. Which is very surprising because my nails usually chip by day 5.
IMG_20180603_111754.jpg

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Cockatiel don't know of a way to fill in the gap so I just live with it. Here's my mani on day 7 showing some growth but I'm not ready to take it off as it hasn't chipped yet. Which is very surprising because my nails usually chip by day 5.
IMG_20180603_111754.jpg

Still looking very nice! I think you could even go for few more days before it becomes obvious. I have somehow very noticeable contrast between my cuticles and half moons so it drives me crazy. I didn't get any chips but the growth was really annoying so changed the mani yesterday.
IMG_20180603_131915.jpg
Opi Samoan Sand

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
B80F6649-D4D7-4FF9-AC8A-A557886EA8C7.jpeg
Got this silver with a black lace stamp on now. Have had loads of casualties so my left hand nails are short and I’ve had to file my right hand nails down a bit.

This is what I wore last week. Slick & Flirty by Pop Polish. A nice multichrome red.
E0678735-8305-4C57-A1C8-23633943F92F.jpeg

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh and I redid the stamp on a few after the picture was taken, so the pattern is clearer. But then I broke my index fingernail :cry2:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180618_143057.jpg

Wearing OPI This Cost Me a Mint on some fingers and China Glaze Spring Jungle on the rest. No discernable difference so I am destashing OPI.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Still looking very nice! I think you could even go for few more days before it becomes obvious. I have somehow very noticeable contrast between my cuticles and half moons so it drives me crazy. I didn't get any chips but the growth was really annoying so changed the mani yesterday.
IMG_20180603_131915.jpg
Opi Samoan Sand
Loving this color! What a great neutral

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I always get mine pro done. The lady is my friend and does the best job so there is no gap. The gap starts to appear after about ten days. When you are wearing pro gel it is considered as normal. I hate it. Most nail artists leave a gap to begin with so I do not go to anyone else but mine who cleans out my cuticles like crazy and goes under with the color. Even then you have to live with the gap after day ten. I try to get my redone every two weeks or so, by about two and a half I cannot stand them. Most people here run around with terrible gaps which to me are worse than not having nails done at all.

My faves are different shades of corals, orangy pinkish reds, I buy matching shades of lipsticks.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am trying to learn to do my nails myself and not confident enough yet in my skills to share the results. But I love doing it. For summer, I have picked too OPI shades, Gelato on My Mind and Crawfishin' for Compliments -- the first is a beautiful minty light blue, the second a perfect light peach.
What are your opinions on all the mainstream brands -- what are your favorites?

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am trying to learn to do my nails myself and not confident enough yet in my skills to share the results. But I love doing it. For summer, I have picked too OPI shades, Gelato on My Mind and Crawfishin' for Compliments -- the first is a beautiful minty light blue, the second a perfect light peach.

For me, I found great results using gels. They are a bit thicker than regular polish and if I make a mistake I can clean it off and re-do. :D

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
White, with a little dragon on the ring fingers for fun.

dragon nail.jpg

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I like Gelato on My Mind and Crawfishin for Compliments. If i remember correctly they are not the most opaque shades either I think I needed three coats for both so if you practice with those then you'll find other polishes with better formulas are a breeze to apply!

For mainstream I like China Glaze and Color Club the best. China Glaze has the brush that I like the best for precise application near cuticles as well as a huge range of colors and Color Club once in a while puts out really nice collections. I think it's the only brand which I own entire collections from. Usually a collection is too full of duds for me to own in entirety.

However I would say I have way more OPI than any other brand although I am meh about their collections in general. I keep hoping OPI will do a great F/W collection one of these years. I liked the Nordic collection from few years ago as far as F/W collections go. I usually pick up a shade or two from each collection even if I don't love the collection.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FFAF3E70-5A8A-4454-90BD-5986951A0FB4.jpeg 015A5613-1D83-43B9-A390-F1CD0EAC2FD9.jpeg

I broke 7/10 :cry2:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FFAF3E70-5A8A-4454-90BD-5986951A0FB4.jpeg 015A5613-1D83-43B9-A390-F1CD0EAC2FD9.jpeg

I broke 7/10 :cry2:

Oh no. Do you have soft or brittle nails? I have nails which peel but I avoid breakage by having lots of coats of polish/topcoat/strengthener/whatever on nails all the time. Like right now I have base coat+4 coats of white+2 coats of topcoat which I wore for few days and I got bored and added 2 coats of color polish and 1 coat of topcoat...so I think that's 10 coats per finger. I don't know if that's appropriate but I never get breakage.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6527.JPG

Just did Gelish Red Roses. I know it's toes, not fingers, but can you resist that face?

For fingers, I usually do clear (base coat or some super-sheer barely pink), then do just the tips with IBD Just Gel Polish, Ivory Tower (pearl).

When they grow out to the dreaded gap phase, I lightly file down the gap bump (and any other sketchy areas) apply primer, then repaint the clear or sheer, add a coat of "no wipe" top coat ( best thing ever), and they're good for another couple of weeks. By that time, I'll need to shorten them anyway.

Then, I just file/cut down the length, "fill" the gap as above, paint and recap the tips and apply topcoat.

I have the hardest time soaking off, so when I do a complete redo, I just file the polish off with my rotary nail file (like they have in salons (e.g., dremel)). It's faster and I don't get soft nails or white fingers.
IMG_4446.JPG

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no. Do you have soft or brittle nails? I have nails which peel but I avoid breakage by having lots of coats of polish/topcoat/strengthener/whatever on nails all the time. Like right now I have base coat+4 coats of white+2 coats of topcoat which I wore for few days and I got bored and added 2 coats of color polish and 1 coat of topcoat...so I think that's 10 coats per finger. I don't know if that's appropriate but I never get breakage.

I haven’t had a breakage since January. I haven’t been using my cuticle oil for a while so that might be related. I never used to be able to grow them but since I’ve been spending time on hem they’ve been better. The gel polish helps usually.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Cuticle oil has changed my life :geek2:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO China Glaze and Color Club are underappreciated. They put out polishes with great formulas and more interesting finishes than OPI or Essie.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I did something I don't even like at all....I rounded my nails for no reason. I had the urge to change the mani since it's been like six days hence the growth gap, but I am making myself avoid polish remover as much as possible. So what did I do? I instead just filed my nails round. It will take a good while to go back to the square shape but the damage is done already.
IMG_20180624_193611.jpg
The polish is China Glaze Dashboard Dreamer over white.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did something I don't even like at all....I rounded my nails for no reason. I had the urge to change the mani since it's been like six days hence the growth gap, but I am making myself avoid polish remover as much as possible. So what did I do? I instead just filed my nails round. It will take a good while to go back to the square shape but the damage is done already.
IMG_20180624_193611.jpg

I like the rounded shape! I read somewhere, a while back, that the shape of the nail should reflect the shape of the base of the nail/cuticle. Probably just one person's opinion, but I think the rounded shape does a nice job of doing that on you. Of course, if you continue to not like it, it will grow out, and no long term damage done. Either way, you have pretty hands and nails.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m the resident story teller.
My first experience with nail extensions is a hoot.
Back in the “olden days” you had acrylic nail extensions. A sort of plastic nail shape was stuck on with super glue then they went over it with a thick paste that dried hard which they then filed down and shaped.
I had, quite literally, two inch talons glue on and painted fire engine red. Wow.
Left the salon and went to my car in the car park. Oh O.
My door handles are the “lift up type” and I can’t open the door. I’m trying to use my knuckles, the side of my hand without luck. An elderly gent comes over to see what my problem is. I show him my new nails!
He open the door for me and home I can go.
Then I discover going to the bathroom, ie the zipper on my jeans is a problem. Later that night my Mum has to unbutton both my blouse and bra.
How embarrassing.
Off to work on the Monday I proudly show off my new nails to a colleague.
OMG she says, how can you do anything with them that long?
It’s a big problem I admit, but hey, don’t us gals have to suffer for fashion!
No, you goose, you ask the nail technician to trim them down to a normal length.
Oh.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180624_193611.jpg
Looks great! Change is good and nails aren't teeth so easy to change:lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results