shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OPI. Meet Me At the Golden Gate

_11965.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I like this question! The only two shades I had were a French manicure shade and a deep pink for my toes in summer (the two shades on the far left) so when fall came this year, I stocked up on a few moody, dusty pinks and browns. I haven't had a chance to really wear them yet. Here's my new nail polish library:

gedc2750.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried the new "butter" polish? a bit pricey so I haven't tried it yet.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
What's butter polish?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby, I haven't tried Butter. Usually stick with Opi and Essie polishes. The only expensive one I ever got was Chanel. It was really good but soo pricey.

Smith1942, is the second from right Demure Vixen? It's a great neutral.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
No, it's called Merino Cool!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I like that color too. It's a nice greyish beige without shimmer. Good for sweater weather.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been doing a lot of greys too - more interesting than regular neutrals.

This is the polish I had on earlier this week. Essie Jamaica Me Crazy. Such a fun, festive color with lots of shimmer and bling.

20131113_145117-1.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I tried on some greys and they didn't suit my skin tone. Made me look as if I'd bashed myself with a hammer!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My photographer hs movrd int his own apartment so all I can say is: Revlon Valentine #730. A really deep re, almost but n quite oxblood.

I'm loving everyone's pictures!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1384652086|3557818 said:
OPI All I Want For Christmas (is OPI)

Oooh - love that red!

crj128

Rough_Rock
What a fun thread idea!
Shellac asphalt... veryy dark charcoal, but not as back as it photographs!

img_5117.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
No pics from me, but I'm wearing Nailene Sensationail's Little Gold Dress with a thin coat of Gelish's Little Miss Sparkle, which ends up being the perfect neutral khaki color with just a hint of glitter. Both are gel polish, which I am so in love with!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1384568645|3557399 said:

Butter London polishes are a little expensive, but they are SO worth it in my opinion. They apply like a dream, not a single one I have had is clumpy. They have pretty good wear time too (but I always finish my polishes with a quick dry top coat like Poshe or Seche Vite). They also have hilarious and cheeky polish names ;))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am SO not a nail person, I fail so hard at doing them. But I FELL IN LOVE with this shade when I saw it, it's from the Dior holiday collection, it's called MINUIT. I saw it originally on the beauty lookbook blog, and her hands are obviously way nicer looking than mine...

I got it at Nordstrom and I think Sephora has it too.

accordingtoame_diorminuit10_low.jpg

diorificminuit.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame, love that dark purple.

So I'm thinking about which color to do next. Given that it's Thanksgiving next week, should I go for something orangy or brownish? What color do you think of when you think of Thanksgiving? Any particular polish colors?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1384877965|3559211 said:

So I'm thinking about which color to do next. Given that it's Thanksgiving next week, should I go for something orangy or brownish? What color do you think of when you think of Thanksgiving? Any particular polish colors?

How about cranberry in honor of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner sauce?

_12053.jpg

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
a $1.00 bottle of a glitter red that I bought at Dollar General. Brand name is Broadway Nails, High Shine Nail polish. This stuff is amazing. I put 2 coats on and it wears like iron. I kid you not. The red base is similar in tone to that OPI All I Want For Christmas, and it has lots of glitter flakes. I threw away the plastic wrapper that evidently had the exact color name on it.

I have much more expensive nail polishes, and my weekend job abrades them off. But not this $1.00 stuff with the glitter. I am going back to see what other colors I can get.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty, everybody! Mine are bare right now but I've been obsessed with trying to recreate a pix I saw of a dark green w/matte finish. It was on someone with much darker skin than I so it might not work out the way I'd like but I've heard Butter makes a good matte finish layer. Has anyone tried it? Can't find a more generic one at my Target ...

Now must start googling to see if I can find the image in question ...

Recently I broke out the Stylenomics (charcoal grey I guess) ... and I have some kind of Avon Navy shade on my toes that I picked up for $1 at a flea market. Ha! Loving Navy this fall.

ETA: This isn't the original image i saw but as close as I can find to my ideal: http://keep.com/jinsoon-nail-polish-by-lilly1891/k/oYeLOnABJX/

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emproctor2986|1384878314|3559216 said:
baby monster|1384877965|3559211 said:

How about cranberry in honor of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner sauce?

Ohhh, great suggestion! Cranberry is an option too.

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
I just got a couple BL (Butter London) polishes! They are very nice! I subscribe to Julep (nail polish subscription box) so I have TONS of polish colors! I tend to change my polish every 3 or 4 days

This is Color Club Top Shelf with Sephora Formula X in Hyperactive

cctopshelf.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1384712498|3558067 said:

Butter London polishes are a little expensive, but they are SO worth it in my opinion. They apply like a dream, not a single one I have had is clumpy. They have pretty good wear time too (but I always finish my polishes with a quick dry top coat like Poshe or Seche Vite). They also have hilarious and cheeky polish names ;))

I actually disagree. They are not worth the extra money. The wear is no better than Opi or Essie, and apply the same. I also finish off with Seche Vite. But they do have fun colors - one of my fav neutrals is Yummy Mummy. However, they do tout it's 3 free.

This one is Butter London Toff. I'm trying a gel topcoat to see if it does last longer, otherwise I would never have my nails done for a "regular" day. Manicures just don't last long on me.

20131119_124819.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1384883436|3559282 said:
Pretty, everybody! Mine are bare right now but I've been obsessed with trying to recreate a pix I saw of a dark green w/matte finish. It was on someone with much darker skin than I so it might not work out the way I'd like but I've heard Butter makes a good matte finish layer. Has anyone tried it? Can't find a more generic one at my Target ...

Now must start googling to see if I can find the image in question ...

Recently I broke out the Stylenomics (charcoal grey I guess) ... and I have some kind of Avon Navy shade on my toes that I picked up for $1 at a flea market. Ha! Loving Navy this fall.

ETA: This isn't the original image i saw but as close as I can find to my ideal: http://keep.com/jinsoon-nail-polish-by-lilly1891/k/oYeLOnABJX/

I recently read a review on the BL matte topcoat. I think the reviews were good, but the person got sick of it quickly - especially since the matte finish really highlighted anything that wasn't perfect with the manicure.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1384894291|3559397 said:

I actually disagree. They are not worth the extra money. The wear is no better than Opi or Essie, and apply the same. I also finish off with Seche Vite. But they do have fun colors - one of my fav neutrals is Yummy Mummy. However, they do tout it's 3 free.

This one is Butter London Toff. I'm trying a gel topcoat to see if it does last longer, otherwise I would never have my nails done for a "regular" day. Manicures just don't last long on me.

Okay, I will amend my statement by saying that everyone's body chemistry is different so may react with different brands differently. For *me* I find that BL generally wears better than OPI or Essie. Zoya is also on the top of my list, while we're talking wear though!

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
pandabee|1384906726|3559565 said:
TravelingGal|1384894291|3559397 said:

Okay, I will amend my statement by saying that everyone's body chemistry is different so may react with different brands differently. For *me* I find that BL generally wears better than OPI or Essie. Zoya is also on the top of my list, while we're talking wear though!

agreed - BL and Zoya have the best wear time on me! I really want to try BL's new gel top coat!

here's my newest! Butter London Chancer

img_2806.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Dior is gorgeous but the color would not work on me. The cranberry is awesome! I might have to get that!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm loving the London Toff but again a color not good for me. :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results