shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
love so many of these! butter london + zoya are the best!

i'm into OPI lately -- I feel like they last longer than Essie! I'm wearing Black Cherry Chutney right now and loving how it's slightly brighter than black with just a bit of a warmth and shimmer.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Baby Monster! That's a really pretty pink.

Do you guys remember when we all used to buy OPI and Essie from 8ty8beauty.com? It's been a few years. They no longer sell either brand, boo. It used to be like 50% off retail. I still order Color Club polishes from there once in a while. Wish I could find another site that discounts OPI.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some colors are available at discount on amazon.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
OPI Bogata Burgundy- Gel nail polish mani. I almost always just go with the OPI Bubble Bath or a light pink Zoya, but decided to try the gel mani's I've heard so much about AND try a darker color as well! Having fun with it and have gotten so many compliments!

photo__79_0.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1385571934|3563989 said:

Thanks. I ordered my top coat (Essie Good to Go) from Amazon a few months ago, I don't know why I forgot about them! Don't use that stuff if your nails are prone to peeling/splitting/drying out. If they aren't it's really amazing, though.

Feb--your nails look beautiful, and your rings are fantastic! I had not see your latest configuration yet--I love it!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1385581047|3564076 said:
AprilBaby|1385571934|3563989 said:

Thanks. I ordered my top coat (Essie Good to Go) from Amazon a few months ago, I don't know why I forgot about them! Don't use that stuff if your nails are prone to peeling/splitting/drying out. If they aren't it's really amazing, though.

Feb--your nails look beautiful, and your rings are fantastic! I had not see your latest configuration yet--I love it!

Aw, thanks Mon! I don't normally wear the thin band on the bottom (usually a RHR) but today I feel like stacking the bling. :cheeky:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So in honor of thanksgivicah I went to look for Essie "cranberry" today but I guess it's an old shade??? Couldn't find it :(

Luckily I read my own advice and got it for cheap on amazon!!!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Revlon's Vixen. It was their answer to Chanel's Vamp and I can't believe they're still making it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need a picture :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cover girl outlast #300

_12254.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Essie Big Spender + OPI My Favorite Ornament.

I also buy nail polish thru Amazon. Much better selection and prices than at my local stores.

20131129_1.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opi Big Apple Red

_12262.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I l :love: ve both of those!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opi What Wizardry is This.

I bought a mini of this color to try liquid sand finish. Not sure I like gritty finish to my nails.

20131202_144548-1.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I love all the bright, holiday colours! That OPI burgundy, the big apple red, and the purple are lovely!

I've been wearing this, Merino Cool by Essie, for about a week, and it's time for a change. Sorry the photo is a bit blurred, but you get the idea. I used two coats of Revlon topcoat and it really seemed to make a difference:

gedc2942.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Fishnet Stockings by Essie.

gedc2946.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julep "Joy". I'm too lazy to take a picture, but it looks just like the swatch on their site, and is one of the shiniest polishes I've ever seen. So shiny, I'm actually afraid to put the top coat on because I don't think it's AS shiny.... :o I'm definitely digging it right now.

http://www.julep.com/joy.html

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1384786772|3558435 said:
I am SO not a nail person, I fail so hard at doing them. But I FELL IN LOVE with this shade when I saw it, it's from the Dior holiday collection, it's called MINUIT. I saw it originally on the beauty lookbook blog, and her hands are obviously way nicer looking than mine...

I got it at Nordstrom and I think Sephora has it too.

I, like you, am not a nail person. I do not even know how I landed in this thread! (I haven't had nail polish on in at least a year and when I did it was bright red. I saw Smith's red and was going to tell her I had a bottle of jag-u-are by Essie that reminded me of her red. But it is the only nail polish in my house!)

My point was that I am very glad I stumbled on your posting, because your color is a great find for me. I think it will actually match a Louis Vuitton vernis handbag and belt I own and have never worn. The color looks perfect! But I would have to buy a bottle and apply it to know! It is really fortuitous for me that you posted! Thank you!!!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
AGBF! Do you remember when you made me buy that huge ring? You followed me in spirit round the Lanes and made me buy something huge, and then I posted it in SMTB and you didn't say a thing. I was waiting for your approval!

Massive pout!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I have never been a nail person either. I used to wear a French manicure every so often in England, or a subdued coral if I was feeling really daring. But since marrying and moving to the States I've had some pretty heavy family responsibilities together with changing career and a more complicated household than I've ever run, and so I've never painted my nails so little. Perhaps ten times in seven years.

Until this thread. This is the first time in my life I've ever worn red polish, and it's really cheered me up! I've just ordered six of the brightest, tartiest, in-your-face shades of luminous bright pink and orange that I could find on the Essie website.

Polite, tasteful, subdued hues of dark coffee and dusty pink be damned!

Watch this space....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Revlon Red Carpet with Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Fall 2013 - Glitter Gun over it. Glitter Gun is a gold and white glitter - hexagons, white bars, etc.

It's like a holiday party on my hands!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
We need pix!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1942|1386536800|3570072 said:
Fishnet Stockings by Essie.

Welcome to the bright side of nail polish aisle, Smith :wavey: . Just make sure to wear good base coat so the reds and pinks don't stain your nails.

Here's my choice for this week. OPI Indulgence.

20131209_090541-1.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Nice nails, babymonster!

About base coats, I don't have any so I actually used two coats of topcoat as a base coat. That'll be all right, won't it? Or do the base coats have something special in them? Have spent a lot of money lately and have a big transcontinental trip coming up so am trying to tighten up on my incidentals spending right now.

However, if there is some reason to use a separate base coat, and you know a good one, do tell!

About top coats, I bought Essie No Chip thinking it would be great, and it was awful! It gave a bubbled rough surface! And I used it a few times - it definitely wasn't coincidence. It was so bad I threw it away, and I'm using a Revlon topcoat which seems to be pretty good.

Let me know if you have any good recommendations for both top coats and base coats! (If indeed a have to buy a separate base coat.)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Zoya's Storm, topped with Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday. It's much more colorful in person. This is my favorite combo!

nails_deb_lippman_1.jpeg

nails_deb_lippman_2.jpeg

The pink version of DL Happy Birthday is my favorite.. DL Candy Shop... but oh boy... it SUCKS to get off.

I just took advantage of the RBL sale so I will probably do one of those tonight.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1942|1386602689|3570524 said:
Nice nails, babymonster!

About base coats, I don't have any so I actually used two coats of topcoat as a base coat. That'll be all right, won't it? Or do the base coats have something special in them? Have spent a lot of money lately and have a big transcontinental trip coming up so am trying to tighten up on my incidentals spending right now.

However, if there is some reason to use a separate base coat, and you know a good one, do tell!

About top coats, I bought Essie No Chip thinking it would be great, and it was awful! It gave a bubbled rough surface! And I used it a few times - it definitely wasn't coincidence. It was so bad I threw it away, and I'm using a Revlon topcoat which seems to be pretty good.

Let me know if you have any good recommendations for both top coats and base coats! (If indeed a have to buy a separate base coat.)

There are formulas that claim to be all-in-one but I never had much success with them. The base and top coats that work best for me are by CND. I usually get a week's wear out of my nail polishes when using both base and top coat. They're not expensive.

CND Stickey base coat http://www.amazon.com/Nail-Stickey-Base-Coat-0-33/dp/B0013JHGPO/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1386639913&sr=1-1&keywords=cnd+stickey+base+coat

CND Air Dry http://www.amazon.com/CND-Air-Dry-33-oz/dp/B003O4ETJW/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1386639949&sr=1-1&keywords=cnd+air

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1942|1386561769|3570289 said:
AGBF! Do you remember when you made me buy that huge ring? You followed me in spirit round the Lanes and made me buy something huge, and then I posted it in SMTB and you didn't say a thing. I was waiting for your approval!

Massive pout!

I never go there, Smith. I have never seen it. Can you post a link to that thread here? Otherwise I will have to go rummage for it! (I am sure my research skills are up to it if push comes to shove!!!) But I really don't get out much. Pretty much I just read Hangout and one or two other threads. People have to tell me via e-mail about things of interest in other threads. I swear!!!

Big hugs,
(((Smith)))
Deb

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1386642378|3571055 said:
Smith1942|1386561769|3570289 said:

Massive pout!

I never go there, Smith. I have never seen it. Can you post a link to that thread here? Otherwise I will have to go rummage for it! (I am sure my research skills are up to it if push comes to shove!!!) But I really don't get out much. Pretty much I just read Hangout and one or two other threads. People have to tell me via e-mail about things of interest in other threads. I swear!!!

Big hugs,
(((Smith)))
Deb

Here it is! I hope you like it, since this great unbudgeted expenditure was all your fault! :lol: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/step-cut-art-deco-style-2-ct-aquamarine-and-diamond-ring.193865/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/step-cut-art-deco-style-2-ct-aquamarine-and-diamond-ring.193865/[/URL]

Hugs back! xxxx

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found it on my own, sweetie. In fact, I left two comments in your thread!

Hugs again!
Deb
:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results